Revive counts, even though you get gibbed

(Runeforce) #1

Or: How to get cheated out of your spawn-queue!
PS. I have not tested this since yesterdays patch, I discovered it yesterday before the patch, but since it’s not mentioned in the patch-notes, I assume it still is not fixed.

With the (imo awfull) changes that were made to the revive mechanics a couple of weeks back, I noticed an unintended consequence: if you get downed and then revived close to a zero spawntimer, but then gibbed before you get up and get a chance to move, that will count as a revive and you will have to wait the full spawntimer (again) to get into the battle.

Pre-patch changes, when the revive connected you were guaranteed a short window of opportunity were you could take action (flee, fight back etc. and not of least importance; move, die and be revived again), but now the enemy has a window of opportunity to gib you after the revive connects, denying you your guarantee.

Specifically, the problem is that a character in the ‘get up’ state is considered to be ‘revived’, when he should still be considered as ‘downed’, until he transitions out of the ‘get up’ state and receives his revive invulnerability.

The fact that you can be cheated out of your spawn-wave and have to sit a round over, is problematic.

My ad hoc solution until this issue is fixed: when downed always self-kill with a couple of seconds remaining in the spawn queue.

(Mustang) #2

Oooh, nice find.

Seems like a string of unlucky events are needed for this to happen, but it’s bound to cause quite a few wtf’s.