Know, Think and Hope...

(PixelTwitch) #1

Things We KNOW Are Coming…

[ul]
[li]MERC: Turtle[/li][li]MERC: Pheonix[/li][li]MERC: Stoker[/li][li]MERC: Thunder[/li][li]MERC: Aimee[/li][li]MODE: Execution[/li][li]MAP: Dome[/li][li]MAP: Canal[/li][li]MAP: Overground[/li][li]FEATURE: Private Lobbies[/li][li]FEATURE: Leaderboards[/li][li]FEATURE: Server Side Demos[/li][li]MECHACNIC: Advanced Melee System[/li][/ul]

Things We THINK Are Coming…

[ul]
[li]MERC: Javalin[/li][li]MAP: Warehouse[/li][li]MAP: Battersea[/li][li]MAP: Rebar[/li][li]FEATURE: Weapon Cards / Customisation[/li][li]FEATURE: Player Cards / Customisation[/li][li]FEATURE: Profile / Stats[/li][li]FEATURE: Loadout Card Scrapping[/li][li]FEATURE: Competitive Seasons[/li][li]FEATURE: Clan Pages / Profiles[/li][li]FEATURE: Improved Anti-Cheat[/li][li]FEATURE: In-Game Player Reporting[/li][li]FEATURE: Drafting[/li][/ul]

Things We HOPE Are Coming…

[ul]
[li]FEATURE: In-Game Spectating[/li][li]FEATURE: Steam Marketplace Trading[/li][li]FEATURE: Community Made Maps / SDK[/li][/ul]

Things That Are NOT On The Roadmap…

[ul]
[li]FEATURE: Client Side Demos [/li][li]FEATURE: Private Servers [/li][/ul]

Things The Are IMPLEMENTED In The Game Now…

[ul]
[li]MERC: Redeye[/li][/ul]
I would love to know if I have missed stuff out and I will start adding them to this post we so can keep track of what we are getting and where the game seems to be going. In future i will add sections to show what gets in and what gets cut.

(spookify) #2

Yep!

Hope for all these things and improved Performance and Bug Fixes.

Best Anti-Hax in the universe and awesome maps and game play. Annnnd go

(Szakalot) #3

Would love to see SD’s version of your post :stuck_out_tongue:

(prophett) #4

Even an updated roadmap would be nice.

(PixelTwitch) #5

Hence why I am doing this, hopefully people will start posting the hints that are given in the streams and stuff

(AssortedStuff) #6

What about that “Highway” map? Was that only a mock up screen or did it change name? (a few versions ago, there were some scattered files in a directory)

(Mustang) #7

Highway was a community map, that initiative died when Johnny Hex left.

(potty200) #8

RIP jonny Hex :frowning:

(Volcano) #9

would be nice to have some sort of ettv (dbtv i guess)

Things That Are NOT On The Roadmap…
FEATURE: Client Side Demos

Christ what a terrible idea.

(Chris Mullins) #10

Looks pretty good man. Couple of points from me and what we’ve said on stream

KNOW list
FEATURE: Private Lobbies

THINK list
FEATURE: Private Servers

These two are the for us the same thing and ARE coming so you can remove the ‘Private Server’ version

Also both “FEATURE: In-Game Player Reporting” and “FEATURE: Improved Anti-Cheat” in the THINK list are things which are definitely coming so can be moved. The other items are pretty accurate tbf so good work sir.

(Ashog) #11

I wanted to add things but almost immediately the implanted alpha-NDA-non-violation chip in my head made a warning beep so I stopped.

I also loudly clapped my head with a left shoe right after that, to suppress the last tiny remaining posting impulsation.

Did this just happen only to me?

(spookify) #12

[QUOTE=Ashog;536080]I wanted to add things but almost immediately the implanted alpha-NDA-non-violation chip in my head made a warning beep so I stopped.

I also loudly clapped my head with a left shoe right after that, to suppress the last tiny remaining posting impulsation.

Did this just happen only to me?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not just you I havent said a word in the thread other then very nice list Pixel :slight_smile:

(47__) #13

What exactly is the difference between client side demos and server side? (I imagine one demo where the POV of everyone is available) Also how are player supposed to review these when we have no access to servers what so ever? - The whole point of demos are to request it after a match if the other team thinks someone is hacking so they can review it and make a case to get them banned and maybe not get a “loss” from the match.

What year can we expect private lobbies? With the current progress since 2012 i would say late 2016, maybe 2017.

Both are urgently needed if you want a cleaner competitive scene on ESL and other cups with price money. I don’t care about the in game match making at all.

There are 5 titles coming out in 2015 or 2016 that tries to do what dirty bomb does (team based, objective shooter) and there will be a fierce competition on the competitive scene for players. DB has to step up their game and pump some of these features out if they don’t want to see players leave this wonderful game.

(Mustang) #14

[QUOTE=shoe.;536068]KNOW list
FEATURE: Private Lobbies

THINK list
FEATURE: Private Servers

These two are the for us the same thing and ARE coming so you can remove the ‘Private Server’ version[/QUOTE]
Haha, nice try, you don’t get away with it that easy, these are two completely different things which cater to two completely different groups of players in two completely different ways, not remotely the same.

Okay so private lobbies are coming, doesn’t mean private servers gets removed from the wishlist.

(ARTiER) #15

THINK list
rip db :rolleyes:

(chickenNwaffles) #16

Private servers > private lobbies

(Szakalot) #17

yup;
the ability to have your own gathering grounds on pubs is a completely different story; its either that or an RTS-game style lobby, where you can gather and look for scrims

(Phantomchan) #18

I doubt private servers will come due to Nexon.

Everything bad about this game is ‘due to nexon’, am I right?

(Phantomchan) #20

Nexon does the stuff regarding servers etc. if I am not mistaken. And yes.