30-50 Less FPS

(Guilte) #1

So let me preface this with I know it’s not necessarily an issue with Dirty Bomb, and that it’s probably an issue with Windows 10, but I didn’t want it to go unnoticed on the off chance that it was a Dirty Bomb issue.

Before upgrading to Windows 10, I was on Windows 7 and ran the game okay at around 90-120FPS in a full 8v8 server with no config. I had the average amount of stutters and random drops, but it was playable. I was also on the latest Nvidia Windows 10 drivers, which were also made for Windows 8 & 7.

After upgrading to Windows 10, I had a huge performance hit. I now get around 60-80 FPS with constant stuttering and drops in FPS. It doesn’t matter how full the server is. All my drivers are updated. Also, Dirty Bomb is the only game I have this issue with. Even other Unreal Engine games do not have this issue.

The point of this thread is just to put this out there, just on the off chance that it is an issue with Dirty Bomb.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
8GB RAM

dxdiag

UPDATE: I don’t know if this could be part of my issue too. It’s completely unrelated to Dirty Bomb, but I figured I’d share, just in case anyone else is having a similar issue.

(Szakalot) #2

as far as i know DB is not supported in windows 10, so far

(Raviolay) #3

I will be getting windows 10 soon(ish) so I will test this out.

(DarkangelUK) #4

I upgraded to Win 10, working silky smooth for me on high, about 90 - 120fps with most of it being in the higher regions.

i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz
nvidia 570 GTX
8gb ram

(Raviolay) #5

[QUOTE=DarkangelUK;535977]I upgraded to Win 10, working silky smooth for me on high, about 90 - 120fps with most of it being in the higher regions.

i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz
nvidia 570 GTX
8gb ram[/QUOTE]

Was it the upgrade or a new licence you got Darkangel? If it was a upgrade was it a fresh install you did?

(Raviolay) #6

[QUOTE=Guilte;535923]So let me preface this with I know it’s not necessarily an issue with Dirty Bomb, and that it’s probably an issue with Windows 10, but I didn’t want it to go unnoticed on the off chance that it was a Dirty Bomb issue.

Before upgrading to Windows 10, I was on Windows 7 and ran the game okay at around 90-120FPS in a full 8v8 server with no config. I had the average amount of stutters and random drops, but it was playable. I was also on the latest Nvidia Windows 10 drivers, which were also made for Windows 8 & 7.

After upgrading to Windows 10, I had a huge performance hit. I now get around 60-80 FPS with constant stuttering and drops in FPS. It doesn’t matter how full the server is. All my drivers are updated. Also, Dirty Bomb is the only game I have this issue with. Even other Unreal Engine games do not have this issue.

The point of this thread is just to put this out there, just on the off chance that it is an issue with Dirty Bomb.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
8GB RAM

dxdiag

UPDATE: I don’t know if this could be part of my issue too. It’s completely unrelated to Dirty Bomb, but I figured I’d share, just in case anyone else is having a similar issue.[/QUOTE]

When I upgraded I needed to update my drivers for my card again no fps loss for me. I think you need the win 10 drivers, just because you are on the same driver for one OS. Doesn’t mean that the driver is compatible with you current OS, if you save your drivers you should notice that file names will be different. For windows 7 and windows 10 at least they are with AMD drivers…

(DarkangelUK) #7

I did an upgrade from 7 to 10, not a fresh install of 10. I downloaded the Win 10 nvidia drivers from the nvidia website once I was done.

(Ashog) #8

Could this be a network issue? I mean bandwidth and packet loss due to win10 p2p data sharing? I remember on some quake engines low net quality could result in lower fps… probably not a problem with unreal engine…

But still makes sense to uninstall that KB update that JBRAA posted in this forum perhaps.

(Raviolay) #9

[QUOTE=Ashog;536056]Could this be a network issue? I mean bandwidth and packet loss due to win10 p2p data sharing? I remember on some quake engines low net quality could result in lower fps… probably not a problem with unreal engine…

But still makes sense to uninstall that KB update that JBRAA posted in this forum perhaps.[/QUOTE]

Well I updated to 10 you can turn off the p2p sharing in the windows update settings, mine is local only.

(Guilte) #10

“I was also on the latest Nvidia Windows 10 drivers”

(Raviolay) #11

It’s funny I get it now (massive fps loss) I have to turn off crossfire then turn it back on to get it to work.