Hardware bans maybe?

(ZGToRRent) #1

Since this game is F2P and cheaters can easily create a new account, and reporting to nexon is a big joke, what about hardware bans(HWID) in new anti-cheat?
Then they will at least buy new motherboard to play DB again :rolleyes:

(Phantomchan) #2

[QUOTE=ZGToRRent;535900]
Then they will at least buy new motherboard to play DB again :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
You can easily change/spoof your HWID.

(poiuasd) #3

It would probably keep the more casual cheaters out.

(Phantomchan) #4

All the hacking whilst trash talking kids sure.

(Idiophobia) #5

[QUOTE=ZGToRRent;535900]Since this game is F2P and cheaters can easily create a new account, and reporting to nexon is a big joke, what about hardware bans(HWID) in new anti-cheat?
Then they will at least buy new motherboard to play DB again :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Sure it may stop script-kiddies for a bit but all they’re going to do is go back to the hacking forum they leeched their stuff from and whine about it and then some mod will come along and sticky which file to delete.

I doubt it will deter them for even a day.

In reality there is no way they’re going to be able to set up an automated process that competently removes all or even the majority of hackers from the game. Even VAC isn’t that efficient. You either have a game where hackers can’t retrieve the proper offsets or you rely on heavy moderation and community participation.
The former isn’t easy to do and would likely require them to remake the game from scratch and the latter breeds a community of ‘people’ who whine about hackers when there aren’t any there because some guy who was better at clicking heads wiped the floor with them.

Hackers are like herpes; you can suppress it and sometimes it’ll even go away for a year or two but once you have it you’ll always have it, and nobody is going to want to kiss you now that you do.

(stealth6) #6

Implement account age or hours played into matchmaking preferred matches, might help a bit.

(Szakalot) #7

yup; once we have:

• proper anticheat
  • party matchmaking outside of comp

you can up the min lvl requirement, and keep matchmaking much more hack-free

(Phantomchan) #8

Min level 8-10 to be able to enter matchmaking is a good idea to be honest, same with an account age. I have seen a lot of hackers being <6, although I also think a substantial amount is above level 15. Because they are level 15+ and use their hacks in a subtle way (and smart compared to those kids going 100+/2 with Vasilli whilst trash talking and acknowledging that they are hacking etc.), it’s harder for them to get caught. A lot of the times when someone goes extremely well at that level it gets passed as a skillful player rather than a hacker (and it’s harder to proof that said person is hacking). Also, a smart hacker doesn’t get headshots continuously…

(ispellcorrectly) #9

You was told on the last thread when we brought this up, not 5that many people know this is even possible… stop making peoplen aware and they won’t!!! Jesus! It’s like banging your head against a brick wall!

(stealth6) #10

You think that every hacker knows how to create his own hack?

(ispellcorrectly) #11

I don’t understand, I know there are some spelling mistakes in my last post(was doing 2 things at once) but, come on, didn’t you get the gist of what I was saying?

(Mustang) #12

I think stealth6 is saying that when the hacker complains to the guy they bought the hack from that they got hardware banned then the creator will just tell them to run another tool to spoof their hwid.

I find it quite silly to assume that people wouldn’t figure out how to do this, much better to just accept the client can’t be trusted and implement anti-cheat server side.

(Phantomchan) #13

Like the posts will make people uber aware regarding that. Besides that, if they got their stuff from a reputable source, google stuff, ask around on hacking forums. They will know how to do it anyway.

(Idiophobia) #14

Where do you think people get their hacks from? Thin-air?
They leech them from hacking communities and forums.
Where do you think they’ll go the moment they get a hardware ban?
Back to those forums.
Everyone knows how to bypass an HWID ban, and people who don’t will learn how by those people telling them specifically on those forums.
HWID bans have never been an effective way to deter hackers in any game in history, ever.

(Ashog) #15

I just wonder if weekly game microupdates altering the most sensitive/hacked file/code could help to make it hard for hackers to follow up?

(Ashog) #16

You sound like noone would kiss people who had herpes in the past :slight_smile:

(ispellcorrectly) #17

[QUOTE=Idiophobia;536060]Where do you think people get their hacks from? Thin-air?
They leech them from hacking communities and forums.
Where do you think they’ll go the moment they get a hardware ban?
Back to those forums.
Everyone knows how to bypass an HWID ban, and people who don’t will learn how by those people telling them specifically on those forums.
HWID bans have never been an effective way to deter hackers in any game in history, ever.[/QUOTE]

Fact is, I didn’t/don’t know how to bypass hardware bans! Only by you informing mne on this forum told me I could do.
Also, posting the fact they are bypassable on a forum which will most probably show up on google first, is a bad idea and that was my point. But I guess you’re for the people who want to cheat rather than the ones against it.

Another fact is - Yes, most people who post on these forums probably know how to bypass them, though this community is not the be all and end all, I would say 60% of the gaming community don’t even know how to rid a virus if one infected their system. The world is becoming more and more technology focused but there are less and less people who know how to use the technology!

Bypassing a hardware ban is an advanced user’s forte, telling them on this forum and how to do it just gives them the easy tools to do it! Well done.

(Idiophobia) #18

[QUOTE=ispellcorrectly;536085]
telling them on this forum and how to do it just gives them the easy tools to do it! Well done.[/QUOTE]

You’re having a laugh, right? They get their hacks from this forum, then?

(ispellcorrectly) #19

No, though now, we may as well create a list of website they can go to to get them.

(Protekt1) #20

It’ll stop the people who don’t know how to use google or youtube or use cheats in the first place which is basically zero people.