How to actually, properly get a cheater banned?

(mti_) #1

I must admit since the Steam profile functionality came out there is a lot less blatant hackers. Which makes me more motivated to report the ones that are still around and should be easy enough to “bust”.
How would I go about doing that so that the ticket doesnt get closed due to inactivity etc.?
As I said the pure acc and hs % should make it very apparent just from looking at this guys stats, which is possible from what i read in previous dev posts.
The steam account has a 5day old VAC ban that was visible before he set his profile to private and his mate (same clan, same hack) is gold 1 so they didnt just start doing it.

(AssortedStuff) #2

Servers should analyse player behaviour and automatically flag suspicious events (abnormal aim/speed, etc) for investigation.

But since that doesn’t seem to be happening this is what I do (on public games):
I go into spectators, record the cheater, post it on youtube (free hosting right?) and submit the link to the video on my report to Nexon.
A pain in the ass to do it.

I also try to leave a detailed description (of what I think is important)

(ispellcorrectly) #3

Gold 1 isn’t great to say they cheat…

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;535756]Servers should analyse player behaviour and automatically flag suspicious events (abnormal aim/speed, etc) for investigation.

But since that doesn’t seem to be happening this is what I do (on public games):
I go into spectators, record the cheater, post it on youtube (free hosting right?) and submit the link to the video on my report to Nexon.
A pain in the ass to do it.

I also try to leave a detailed description (of what I think is important)[/QUOTE]

I did this!

(BioSnark) #4

Misunderstand the point. They’re gold 1 so they were on matchmaking for a while and not banned. You don’t need hacks just to get there.

(mti_) #5

This is getting rly quite bad now. I have reported 6 cheaters since the start of this month and I have not got the slightest idea if any of that had any effect.
If you guys can look up some forum dude’s profile to tell him he isnt actually loosing as much as he makes it out to be can you pls take my .txt file and ban freaking 100%hs BR16 and rhino monkey boys that keep popping up left and right?

I am so done getting “devs wont do ****” every single time we call them out for it. Cause it feeds kinda true.

(Idiophobia) #6

[QUOTE=mti_;536166]This is getting rly quite bad now. I have reported 6 cheaters since the start of this month and I have not got the slightest idea if any of that had any effect.
If you guys can look up some forum dude’s profile to tell him he isnt actually loosing as much as he makes it out to be can you pls take my .txt file and ban freaking 100%hs BR16 and rhino monkey boys that keep popping up left and right?

I am so done getting “devs wont do ****” every single time we call them out for it. Cause it feeds kinda true.[/QUOTE]

This is you http://puu.sh/jqIwV/82b3274c03.webm

(mti_) #7

I dont suggest to ban them because I said so I will provide names, time stamps and steam profiles and by looking at the data saved on their end they will be able to very easily identify that they are hacking. I am talking about the kind of guy that is not even trying to hide it.

(Idiophobia) #8

Not everyone who shoots you is a blatant hacker, mate. Learn to click on heads better.

(mti_) #9

Rampant hacking is an issue with this game. If you have nothing useful to contribute why bother?

(Idiophobia) #10

Most of it is obviously just rampant complaining from baddies. Community health is an important aspect too. Dirty Bomb isn’t a big popular game at the moment and the amount of people who actually hack is always laughably small compared to the amount of people who get labelled a hacker.
If nobody hacked at all in the game you would still be here saying the same things.

(mti_) #11

[QUOTE=Idiophobia;536173]Most of it is obviously just rampant complaining from baddies. Community health is an important aspect too. Dirty Bomb isn’t a big popular game at the moment and the amount of people who actually hack is always laughably small compared to the amount of people who get labelled a hacker.
If nobody hacked at all in the game you would still be here saying the same things.[/QUOTE]

That is your assumption. My perception of the entire thing differs.
You obviously dont actively play the game competitively and you are talking like a genuine steam forum keyboard warrior.

(Idiophobia) #12

[QUOTE=mti_;536179]That is your assumption. My perception of the entire thing differs.
You obviously dont actively play the game competitively and you are talking like a genuine steam forum keyboard warrior.[/QUOTE]

It’s ironic you compare me to a steam forum pillock since all they do is whine about balance and hackers like someone else around here. The way you fly off the handle after the mere insinuation that you’re a terrible player reminds me of the entire CSGO and Dota2 userbase.
A funny coincidence that both games are also full of people who believe every third or second headshot done against them is illegitimate or every time the enemy team has them in a corner it’s because someone is playing unfairly. It’s the kind of attitude to expect from a silver rank player I suppose. I wouldn’t be surprised if you played either of them.

(mti_) #13

Yeah I totally lost it, you are right.
If everyone, including his team mates, agree hes a cheater and he subsequently admits it in chat I am sure we are all mistaken and he is just as 1337 as you.
I have unfortunately not played enough of this game to know if a Vasilli killing the entire enemy team in less than a second can or can not be legit.
(Actual) 100% hs acc on rhinos at any distance is the mark of a good player of course.
Me winning against a couple sick6 guys has nothing to do with this one unknown guy “carrying us hard” (cheating his tits off), I am just that freaking good.
You are so full of it kid and people like you are only adding the an already more than annoying issue.
If you are downplaying the presence of cheaters in competitve matches you simply dont play enough. All I am asking is to have a look at people who are more than likely cheating. How does that prompt an angry rant of someone, I have not encoutered once in MM btw, about how people are just bad and the game doesnt have a cheat issue. At least do some research before you make yourself look like a clown.
Google it. Even my mom could install an undetected bypass for XIGN.

(Mustang) #14

This thread is turning towards personal insults and bickering, please leave it off the forum.