Hotfix Changes - July 30th, 2015

(NXA-Orellien) #1

With the Hotfix Update on July 30th, we’ve updated the game with a set of improvements and fixes, with a particular eye to improving Melee combat. Take a look at the list of changes below and give us your feedback on the Dirty Bomb Forums after you’ve given it a spin for yourself!

Balance Changes

• The timings for the damaging portion of Melee Attacks have been updated to more closely fit the weapon animations
    [list]
  • Previously, the hit duration was very forgiving, meaning that weapons could still potentially deal damage well after the initial strike
  • This also means that turn-speed limitations can end earlier, which gives players more freedom when performing melee attacks
    [/list]
  • The allowed turn angle when attacking with melee weapons has been significantly increased and now scales with weapon damage
    [list][*] All melee attacks have been improved, and the lower-damage, high-speed attacks (Primary attacks for the Beckhill and Stilnotto knives in particular) have had their turn speed massively increased[/list]

Bug Fixes and Other Changes

• Blocked the KILLPARTICLES command from being usable
  • Fixed issue with some loadout cards having missing first person arm textures
  • Fixed certain account levels being unable to see level restricted servers in the browser
  • Fixed a bug where players were prompted to select a Merc in the tutorial level
  • Fixed a bug with Phantom where he couldn’t use Refractive Armor after repairing the EV
  • In the past week, the matchmaking back-end has been updated to prioritise more balanced matches over quicker matchmaking times
    [list][*] This should result in longer queuing times, but better matches[/list]

– Team Dirty Bomb –

(GildedDark) #2

Lovely stuff :smile: :smiley:

(x3H) #3

Phantom still overnerfed. But good thing you changed this “melee thingy system” :slight_smile:

(fiercePlinth) #4

"In the past week, the matchmaking back-end has been updated to prioritise more balanced matches over quicker matchmaking times

This should result in longer queuing times, but better matches"

This is a problem that is desperately in need of fixing, but as far as I can tell this hotfix only made the matches more imbalanced. A few matches in a row I had weighted clearly to one side or the other, and finally I ended up in a competitive match that was fought by unranked low-levels against well ranked, high-levels. as you can see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzc4t8cvgrkcuwu/Screenshot%202015-07-30%2011.55.53.png?dl=0 I don’t know about you, but that hardly seems like a balanced match.
We weren’t even able to move the EV past the first overpass.

([eXo]Deeds) #5

Tanks for the notes!