Please unify sniper kills on light mercs in HUD feedback

(FireWorks) #1

I feel the feedback on successful headshot kills leaves to be desired, especially on light mercs.

Currently:
-The top message in the (default) hud is a finish. Did I just get the kill, why finish?
-The kill message is often inverse in coloring, meaning high damage dealt. I get used to it from slow targets (plus visual feedback on the field because a slow target drops a corpse pretty close).
-A headshotted proxy often doesnt reach the HP threshold for the inverse coloring message. Its just a message that I wont notice cause there is enough going on the game.
-These light mercs are often enough jumping quickly through sight so the corpse flies out of sight. Did I get the kill or not?

What Id like to be changed:
-The kill message is always on top. The finishing is a bonus and comes after it.
-Headshot kill message for maybe +10XP: “Headshot kill: n XP” . Inverted or not, but unified pls.
OR
-Headshot kill giving Kill and Finish XP in the same line. “Headshot kill: 135XP” but that could be misleading. Maybe just a simple “Kill 80 XP + Finish 40XP” but in one line would be the easiest for all involved, with 1 click you get 1 message.

I am sure you already discussed a headshot XP bonus for all mercs but maybe that would promote aiming for it a bit.

(ispellcorrectly) #2

This also happens with a Fragger grenade.
I have to look at the kill feed to see if I killed the guy I was throwing it at or I just blew a corpse up!

(Amerika) #3

Yup, this is pretty annoying. I am not sure why kill messages aren’t uniform and always look the same (and include multiple kills). It would be nice if this was changed in a future update.

(AssortedStuff) #4

[QUOTE=ispellcorrectly;535722]This also happens with a Fragger grenade.
I have to look at the kill feed to see if I killed the guy I was throwing it at or I just blew a corpse up![/QUOTE]

Funny that I come across this thread as I’ve been thinking this ingame.

(FireWorks) #5

Thanks for the reputation comments :slight_smile:

Hope to see this ingame soon!