Ran out of video memory

(AssortedStuff) #1

I keep having the game crash on me and saying it ran out of video memory if I play over long periods of time. Haven’t measured it but I’d say something like 2 hours straight and over. (must be the game telling me to take a break and go exercise).
Anyone got this issue? Is there something that can be done to prevent it?

(ispellcorrectly) #2

Video or Virtual memory… ?

(Szakalot) #3

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;535216]I keep having the game crash on me and saying it ran out of video memory if I play over long periods of time. Haven’t measured it but I’d say something like 2 hours straight and over. (must be the game telling me to take a break and go exercise).
Anyone got this issue? Is there something that can be done to prevent it?[/QUOTE]

happens to me too; sometimes windows would just complain, instead of crash, but peformance drops heavily since

(Domipheus) #4

yep, me three.

(Mustang) #5

I get this a lot, apparently reducing PoolSize in your config should help prevent this, but it’s not working out very successfully for me thus far.

(BioSnark) #6

Had this after a couple minutes on any fully textured map during alpha, before I changed gpu. You might turn to google since a lot of people have this issue on the engine although I couldn’t find any solution when I looked, years back. edit: I believe altering poolsize did not work for me, either, but worth a try.

(Smooth) #7

We’re looking into it!

(AssortedStuff) #8

Just posting to report this issue has gotten worse (for me). [Not here to complain]
Not sure if any of the following will help but I thought it would be best to post it.

“Ran out of memory” problem seems slightly more frequent lately.
Also, it used to happen after a considerable amount of time playing but it the last few days I’ve had it happen on the 2nd match I was playing (twice already).

In the last month(?) I’ve also had it crash on me 2 or 3 times

…And also had it completely freeze (2 or 3 times as well)

On every time any of the above mentioned problems happen I have to bring up the Windows Task Manager window and select “end process tree” on Dirty Bomb (shootergame) to be able to close it. Cannot alt+tab to desktop nor other programs.
Using Windows 7, 64bit.

(ArsonistCow) #9

It’s happened to me once, but then I went back and edited “TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects” back to the original value of 60 (in the configs ofc).
Since then I’ve had zero issues. 16GB RAM and 2GB VRAM. Poolsize=680

Are you people that are experiencing these crashes using custom configs?

(AssortedStuff) #10

Yes. I’ll try your suggestion in a few weeks, when I get back to Dirty Bomb (away since today)

(Amerika) #11

Make sure this isn’t related to the memory bug associated with the Win10 driver for Nvidia, Shadow Play and using Mumble. Your whole system will slowly die with “Nvidia Server” sucking up all the RAM it can get.

(Mustang) #12

It’s unrelated to all of these.

(FireWorks) #13

I had the error and have non of what you mentioned.

(Bangtastic) #14

Usually get it after 6-7 hours nonstop gameplay. (2gb Gtx 670, driver v.353.62) 8gb Ram
I deleted my cfg altogether but error continues to occur.

cheers