Melee ....

(BomBaKlaK) #1

Absolutely broken !

(Phantomchan) #2

I agree with this, with the new patch, it killed the whole melee fighting. It’s now so slow/unresponsive and dull and stuff. Please revert it or tweak it better since the current settings are just rubbish.

(Protekt1) #3

I thought it was something I could adjust to, but frankly I just don’t like it. In fact, it has made all aiming feel off. It feels like my aim gets messed with every once in a while, but maybe I am imagining it. I also really hate how it has affected left click too.

(BioSnark) #4

I assume the goal of the change is to add a skill floor to melee use. As I said elsewhere, I’d either

A) Make melee deal damage proportional to the amount of time it hits an enemy during a swing.

Or,

B) Make it fire a single shot or shotgun per swing.

(poiuasd) #5

Huh, I’ve had the same feeling a couple times after the patch. Just feels like my sens randomly spikes a bit higher.

(Bloodbite) #6

Melee only servers.

WE NEED SOME MELEE ONLY SERVERS!!!

Or better yet, :stroggbanana: Melee-RHINO :stroggbanana: only servers!

(ispellcorrectly) #7

Why don’t people give the game a week or two without complaining?!

(Chux) #8

The melee was crap even before the change. Just swiping all over the place and clicking for best results was terrible. Though this is a even worse fix for a bad initial design…

(BomBaKlaK) #9

Why don’t you just do this to phantom cause that’s the point ?
Why now running with the cricket bat slow you down ?

Just horrible balance tweak … ask the Chivalry dev to do some proper thing maybe.

(Glottis-3D) #10

yeah, melee change is awful =(

(Chux) #11

Just realized that melee gibs are now a pain in the ass since you cant turn around as early as you would like to.

(INF3RN0) #12

The sens lock should only affect right clicks, and should scale per knife type.

(Mustang) #13

Worst change of the patch, terrible way to “fix” a “perceived” issue.

(NeroKirbus) #14

It needs to be a per weapon basis.

small knives: 180 degree control
larger weapons: 90 degree control

Smaller weapons should have a greater degree of control. Currently, like other people said, when gibbing people you can’t turn around as responsively. It’s really frustrating. Having 180 degree of control would remove this problem.

For the larger weapons, you shouldn’t have such responsiveness, but how it is currently is too restricting. It makes melee combat too unresponsive for such a fast paced game. With 90 degrees of control, you’d be able to follow the medium characters much more easily during a close quarters situation, without having too much control. It may need to be a bit less, but it’s better to have more control with actions rather than less.

(Keyski) #15

Smaller weapons should have no restrictions, especially for the quick swipe. If mobility is such a key factor in this game, why restrict mobility?

Taking away control from a player is the worst thing you can really do. It makes sense when you limit the speed of a tank turret. The player is expecting that and it’s ALWAYS restricted for that. But to add it to a knife and have it ONLY show up for a second during a swing? The player can never expect that. It doesn’t make sense at all.

It feels like my mouse just broke, so I have to move it farther on my mousepad to turn. Every single time I knife I still get screwed up by it. Readjusting my mouse is what usually kills me. So to counter it, I just don’t move my mouse at all. I’ll just do an awkward strafe dance into people. Is this really how you want to reward aiming?

I also noticed I stopped finishing a lot of players. When I do finish, I tend to keep my aim straight ahead and knife the air to finish them off. I know this is how some of the pros do it anyways, but I tend to miss a lot more often. I’d rather to aim at the ground, swipe and quickly pull my mouse back up to the horizon.

(sunshinefats) #16

^^ But that makes far too much sense…
:wink:

(BomBaKlaK) #17

Much much better !