Request: display info about owned cards better

(acQu) #1

I think it would be good to have a menu which displays all available cards in the game per character. In this menu you would also be able to see which of these cards you already own.

Also: this menu is going to get big per character. I always liked the menu after you opened a new case. It shows the character and the card + augments very clearly and big. This menu is really good and a true treat. But it should have the possibility to go to the next card of this character without having to press back or anything. Just an arrow pointing to left and right, so i can quickly navigate the cards in this marvelous and tasty big screen full of nice informations.

Would be cool to have that :slight_smile: Hopefully soon (next patch cogh) :smiley:

(ispellcorrectly) #2

Gotta catch’em all?

(acQu) #3

Yes (good for card collectors) + potentially better way of knowing which cards you have doubled per character so you can trade them + you can evaluate cards against each other much better (see also 2nd paragraph for that, with the big menu which you can navigate per character).

(Protekt1) #4

If you go to the barracks and select a merc, and then hit full profile. It shows what cards you have specific for that merc. So doesn’t the game already do this?

(acQu) #5

Nope. This menu shows just the ones you have.

Meh, i have a real hard time typing this, so i just let it be :smiley:

(KeMoN) #6

Also please give us the possibility to compare the individual guns of the different cards! Right now we have to more or less guess which one the better choice is.
I for one am happy if I can roughly remember where the first 3 lines ended on the other weapon when looking at the next one.
If that option is already present somewhere please point me to it!

Cheers

(Nail) #7

check
http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/12972/the-db-genome-project-everything-there-is-to-know-about-loadouts

(KeMoN) #8

[QUOTE=Nail;534972]check
http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/12972/the-db-genome-project-everything-there-is-to-know-about-loadouts[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I had in mind! Thank you for pointing me to it, I’m still quite new in this forum section!

Cheers

(Nail) #9

thank Djiesse, he’s put a shed load of time and effort into compiling the info

(acQu) #10

[QUOTE=KeMoN;534970]Also please give us the possibility to compare the individual guns of the different cards! Right now we have to more or less guess which one the better choice is.
I for one am happy if I can roughly remember where the first 3 lines ended on the other weapon when looking at the next one.
If that option is already present somewhere please point me to it!

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Very true. Rough numbers are missing somehow, and combine that with “look at card”, “close” to get back, “hit next card”, it becomes very hard to get anything. You have to look really hard to get the info and compare.

To get back to something i wanted to say earlier. Maybe, since i do not know if stuff like this is even considered by SD, and before i talk my mouth off, here a simple screenshot:

Under (1) would be character selection.
Under (2) would be quick navigation across all Bronze cards of the merc you selected.
Maybe a (3) can be added right above (2) to switch between rarity level of the card

For now i am mainly concerned about adding the functionality, not where it sits or how it looks. I think it would help really much to just compare the cards.

(acQu) #11

Well: consider this me getting penetrant. Please improve the whole menu. It is quite the challenge to get anything done with it. I wonder why noone else is getting vocal about this. I am no menu fetishist, am i?

Newest prime example: trade cards. I have no clue which cards are worth trading and which i want to keep. There is a greyed out thing, which displays to me the cards i currently have equipped. But please. Make everything bigger, better to grasp. What the hell. Do i need to use swear words to get my point across. This is the least you can do, when you have a game which is pretty much all about cards and mercs (your business model, remember?).

EDIT and why on earth would i not be allowed to trade cards which are equipped by my character. Are you too lazy to implement the deref operation. It doesn’t make sense at all. It is the wrong concept inherited from the right concept (see that one thread which explains starring of cards), and i sure hope that was the reason you implemented this “feature” (total waste of time by the way) …

(DB Genome editor) #12

I think it simply boils down to: what would the merc in your squad end up equipped with if you were to trade up his/her currently active loadout? Without the concept of favorite, the only consistent choice would be the Default loadout. And that would probably lead to other complaints since your squad still doesn’t show the equipped loadouts in the main menu like it does in the lobby i.e. you might not realize that one of your mercs is equipping a Default until you get into a lobby (where you may or may not have the time to fix it before the lock-in timer expires…).

(acQu) #13

Thoughts already thought. It is an absolute desaster the current menu. And each time i attempt to write a post, i could say so much about it, but afterwards would feel so stupid for pointing out the obvious. My point simply is that the current menu is a pain to deal with considering the two major use-cases: chosing mercs and dealing with cards. It is such a pain, starting from the information display, up to navigation, and the seemingly little things like not allowing to trade up cards which your current merc has equipped. Considering last point: add a pop up menu, small warning, click yes or no, fall back to default.

I have not exactly the feeling like SD is currently working on anything major regarding the menu. It will simply stay like this for a while. By the way: the card info you made, this is what SD should integrate in their game, but just my two cents. It will be good, but most of the flaws in current menu will not go away by that. It needs to have someone at SD carefully reconsidering the choices they made about their menus: information display, navigation, use cases mercs and card management. Sometimes i wonder how much they are able to consider themself (beside all the work of course) to actually play and consider how it would be for them, if they would be casual players, investing a bit more time (more than lvl 10 currently, which i bet is average play time at SD in the game as casual … no argument of course, but at least try consider a casual player dealing with the menus).

(mti_) #14

While I dont see it as a major priority right now (lord knows we got plenty of them) the menu could use some work.
What I would personally like to see is a way to favourite certain cards that are subsequently not "auto-fill"ed into the trade up selection.
I am blowing lots of in game cash to trade up all the Leads I get and I am horribly losing track of what cards I want to keep (for my currently un-used mercs) and what is fine to be traded up to get some shinies! Might be worth a thought.