Pretty balanced

(beanar) #1
  1. Doesn’t take damage while cloaked.
  2. 1 shot katana
  3. If you successfully dodge the katana and make space, he just whips out a laser beam smg and guns you down
  4. Did I mention invincibility when cloaked?
  5. Can shoot while from cloaked form, and therefore have an immediate gift wrapped upper hand on anyone.
  6. 120 HP gives him an HP advantage over anyone that isn’t fragger, rhino, skyhammer, and arty.

Idk I just think that this merc needs some serious nerfs. Anyone with a level head can abuse these traits and just carry games all day. The ability to get behind an enemy team and eliminate them all is enough. There’s no reason to make him an invincible, 1 shotting face tank at the same time.

(Nail) #2

do you need a Whaaaaaaambulance ?

(ispellcorrectly) #3

He’s obviously talking about kira! :rolleyes:

(Protekt1) #4

[QUOTE=beanar;534293]1) Doesn’t take damage while cloaked.
2) 1 shot katana
3) If you successfully dodge the katana and make space, he just whips out a laser beam smg and guns you down
4) Did I mention invincibility when cloaked?
5) Can shoot while from cloaked form, and therefore have an immediate gift wrapped upper hand on anyone.
6) 120 HP gives him an HP advantage over anyone that isn’t fragger, rhino, skyhammer, and arty.

Idk I just think that this merc needs some serious nerfs. Anyone with a level head can abuse these traits and just carry games all day. The ability to get behind an enemy team and eliminate them all is enough. There’s no reason to make him an invincible, 1 shotting face tank at the same time.[/QUOTE]

1. cloak is easy to drop
  2. only 1 shot with heavy attack against lower health mercs, and a few more with the augment, must get up close and most of those mercs have access to shotguns that can drop him just as fast while creating distance with their higher movement speed.
  3. so you just let him do that?
  4. no invincibility, cloak is easy to drop
  5. eh, spot him first and start shooting, he doesn’t always get the first shot.
  6. he also has a speed disadvantage versus a lot of those mercs that you failed to point out

(NeroKirbus) #5

The only thing that really bothers me about him is being able to reload while invisible. This allows phantoms to dip out of a firefight at times to be able to do this without much punishment at all.

(Protekt1) #6

It is already easy to dip out and reload. I found that reloading while stealth is just a waste of stealth time most of the time.

(NeroKirbus) #7

doing it mid battle is almost as effective, as it just acts as a shield and prevents a lot of the damage you would normally sustain.

(Protekt1) #8

You realize that even with the shield, a phantom who does that is gonna die? I don’t know why any phantom would ever try to attempt that. The shield is not invulnerability.

(Shanks) #9

I don’t know about you guys but when I play against people who watch and listen for phantom, I am like a lemming on a cliff.

(alphabeta) #10

That’s one of the keys; that you watch and listen for the Phantoms. And then CALL THEM OUT on VOIP. Not many people using VOIP consistently so Phantoms slice thru the back of a team because no one says anything.

(NeroKirbus) #11

I’m not going to lie, but I was able to do it multiple times and it surprised me, but it shows how poorly the foe was playing. What irks me is being able to run through crossfires while reloading after a fire fight. Being able to reload while invis is just kind of stupid, interactions with weapons should cancel it. You are supposed to reload in safe areas, but with phantom you can run across streets while reloading after a few pot shots.

(Protekt1) #12

It really doesn’t bother me that you can reload while in stealth tbh. I think a bigger problem is how inconsistent the stealth seems to be based on the background the phantom is in. Sometimes I have zero difficulty spotting them but then others I could be looking exactly at the spot intent on finding them and have a very difficult time perceiving them, even while moving fast.

(NeroKirbus) #13

I agree with that. I have had times where you could see him clear as day, then other times where it was not obvious at all. It seems like the further away he is, the easier it is to see him. However, if you turn a corner too quickly or get in to CQC at all, it’s extremely difficult.

(Shanks) #14

Uhhh, you don’t need VOIP. Like I said, when I play against a group of…oh never mind, people who think is OP can never be swayed.

(mti_) #15

I found this related article very reasonable.

(alphabeta) #16

Wow. Excellent article. Thanks! Gives a lot of insight.