mapstart cutscene throws you back into lobby

(KeMoN) #1

I assumed that was a rather obvious one and therefore has been reported, but seeing that it is still happening I decided to post a note here.
It happens quite frequently that after mapstart I get thrown back into the lobby during the cutscene.
If I’m lucky I get deployed during the 3 sec warmup so I can actually choose the proper merc (although 3 seconds is quite short to get an overview of your team’s mercs)
If not then I have to wait until the first respawn round.

It doesnt seemt to be related to any mercs or maps so I can’t give you any additional information, sorry.

(AssortedStuff) #2

I can confirm.
When going from Lobby to Match I end up being ‘thrown’ into the ingame lobby(?) during the intro movie (? where the NPC tells you what needs doing) frequently.
…mildly annoying.

(Loki.) #3

same here…

past mildly annoying ;0

once in awhile it will even drop my connection… not often, but it has…

is there a way to drop/canel/by-pass the intro-movie? (hated that crap in Brink… still not a fan… should be a setting we can enable - disable)

(KeMoN) #4

Bumping, because it is still occuring after several updates. Although you can still directly spawn, even if you get deployed later, this gets really annoying!

(Loki.) #5

Annoying as hell!
The load time takes so f’ing long at times… and kicks you back and forth, by the time you do load in, the match is just about to start or started, losing any chance to Swap out your mercs…
Multiple times yesterday, team needed a engy when i joined… i wasnt able to swap out for one… needless to say, those games were a complete bust…

(alphabeta) #6

More than mildly annoying and occurring more frequently.

(BioSnark) #7

I wish this bug were a feature and that there were no lobby, just pre-match selection and post-match map voting. I’m delighted to get this bug half the time because I usually don’t have time to switch one merc between when a map is selected and when choices are locked.

(KeMoN) #8

I semi agree. I’m quite annoyed when this happens, but I also understand your argument.
In my opinion the lobby is completely useless as well. (I know it’s getting old, but…) In W:ET it worked perfectly with switching between match and intermission (a.k.a. stats screen). There is absolutely NO need for a lobby. The perfectly working map-voting gametype in W:ET covers the map-vote aspect (which to my experience is rarely used anyway) and the merc choosing can simply be added.
The loading times in this game are honestly excessive and consisting of a few small stages. Having only match and intermission would be quite the cut-back.

While we are discussing about cutting back on load times. Could the map-start video be moved to only max-level 5 servers? You should assume that by reaching level 5 players know the map. If not, they can have a look at the videos somewhere in the main-menu maybe?

(Loki.) #9

Not sure if this is patch/update related…

3 times yesterday, at the start of a SW match, defending team (which I had the honor of being on each time) was kicked back into the pre-game lobby when the match started…

So, out of 8 players 4 to 6 us was in limbo for 20 secs! Needless to say, the attacking team either completed the first objective or completely owned it (i.e. plant)… made for pretty lopsided match, needless to say, resulting in half the team leaving the server…

Have yet to see a DEV post regarding this, and yet its a persistent issue!