WIP - Supply Depot DB Edition

(Volcano) #1

//youtu.be/eeV8Tfh5-f8

something not noted in the video, the 2nd set of stairs in left stairwell just looks terrible so that will be changed quickly. right now im not that happy with it mostly because i wont be able to get it 1:1 with the ET map

(Volcano) #2

//youtu.be/_dnCi_RPK_s

updated version, still not happy with the tunnel system im thinking of scrapping the tunnel and starting it again. improved stairwells on both sides

(Volcano) #3

//youtu.be/DDVJckwAYDw

buggered up scaling edition

(Szakalot) #4

looks good,

don’t stop!

(Volcano) #5

//youtu.be/VREPC1MDOSk

(Glottis-3D) #6

looks familiar =))
great stuff!

(Nail) #7

Yay !!!

(Volcano) #8

//youtu.be/AiL3YayRlgs

seems i forgot to put in 2 areas, the small room under the stairs that opened into the backyard and gold area , pretty sure it didn’t matter that much since there are no faction doors in this so really it gets turned into a hiding room.
the other just in front of where the truck stops to pick up the gold.
I’ll increase the landing areas on the scaffolding and possible move it across to the right more

(alphabeta) #9

Great map idea. Objectives?

(Volcano) #10

i really didn’t need to make anything up it comes from ET all I did was bring it over. the main objective is to blow two main doors so the truck can come through build the crane controls(workable crane is already in DB it was in battersea) to deliver the emp (gold crates ET version) to the EV (truck ET version) and then escape with the gold where the command post is

//youtu.be/aMU8VhSluug

here’s a video of the ET version, pretty disappointed I couldn’t get it 1:1 copy but I’m not good enough to do that

(k0k0nat) #11

<3 for this crazy aussie!!!

:smiley:

(Volcano) #12

//youtu.be/MkdjB8xQdaw

i need to improve the building near allies first spawn , i was getting tired so i started to get sloppy. not very happy with today’s progression i spent 3 hours trying to fix that issues near cp and it’s still ****ed

after all my complaining i un****ed the scaffolding

(Volcano) #13

//youtu.be/CAkq1T2xZbs

I thought I did more than I really did edition

(Volcano) #14

//youtu.be/j8gwGjQaREs

[https://mega.co.nz/#!UMYgWBhJ!Aj8bgStYnCyNtJ0XtbjVexNJzCAtRuzugzWlXM7 s4mA](https://mega.co.nz/#!UMYgWBhJ!Aj8bgStYnCyNtJ0XtbjVexNJzCAtRuzugzWlXM7 s4mA)

you can now download the map and play it in udk, i threw in some basic lighting so you can see, apparently there is a party going on in allies first spawn and the ladder works now .

download
open udk3
file-import into new map - supply.t3d
build menu - build all
wait
play menu - play in editor

(ispellcorrectly) #15

It looks more now like the map I learnt to love! Good job!

Although… If We are going to be bringing back old maps into Dirty Bomb, they’re going to have to be changed slightly.

W:ET has Strafe Jumping ability. DB had wall jumping ability and it’s much easier to gain speed + distance, with this in mind, certain walls will have to be higher, gaps will have to be bigger, or the map itself will just get steamrolled.

(Volcano) #16

[QUOTE=ispellcorrectly;534795]It looks more now like the map I learnt to love! Good job!

Although… If We are going to be bringing back old maps into Dirty Bomb, they’re going to have to be changed slightly.

W:ET has Strafe Jumping ability. DB had wall jumping ability and it’s much easier to gain speed + distance, with this in mind, certain walls will have to be higher, gaps will have to be bigger, or the map itself will just get steamrolled.[/QUOTE]

indeed, which is why sd will need to run it through dirty bomb changes which is not something i can do, i can put suggestions in but i have no way to test them. most of the corridors i did were widened because the splash damage in db is much higher than ET’s. those “rocks” i did are just really there to remind you of the layout i sure hope they wont be there in final build

(ispellcorrectly) #17

Looks amazing though!

Just have to wait and see if they get the time to do this! I would like to see the map with similar objectives!

Another I would really like to see is, Gold Rush!

(Volcano) #18

the current london bridge is a **** version of goldy, the original build was the proper one but it wasn’t the sw_goldrush so the tank had to be driven into the courtyard. even if i was to make goldy et style it wouldn’t be accepted because they have already built it.
if it does go anywhere though i’ll look at doing a doc run map ill do a vote on it though

(Glottis-3D) #19

[QUOTE=Volcano;534853]the current london bridge is a **** version of goldy, the original build was the proper one but it wasn’t the sw_goldrush so the tank had to be driven into the courtyard. even if i was to make goldy et style it wouldn’t be accepted because they have already built it.
if it does go anywhere though i’ll look at doing a doc run map ill do a vote on it though[/QUOTE]

and original London Bridge was broken by the moving-spawn system.

(Volcano) #20

and the turtle speed tank, the **** spawntimes which are still a problem in this, there were a lot of issues with it but if they actually fixed them it would be a more enjoyable map than what we have now, or at least put bridge_alt out again