This game needs a fix in regards to premade groups and match-making.

(SeppOCE) #1

Okay so I’m not one to usually complain but the experiences my friends and I have been having with premade match’s in Competitive is absolutely disgusting. I like to think this is due to too many people not having a rank or not enough people joining Comp match’s but here I go anyway.

1. A duo premade shouldn’t be put against premades of 4 players period.

2. Putting three level 5 UNRANKED players who are playing their first game shouldn’t be put with two Gold 4’s that are level 12. The experience gap between level 5 and 12 is quite high and clearly a first game doesn’t equal 20-30 games.

3. The 6v4 glitch and random kicking of players isn’t fun.

Adding onto point 1 and rambling a bit more there needs to be a Solo/Duo option which separates you from premades of 3-5. It’s too hard to carry a team who haven’t been exposed to competitive play before as a group of two when the other three are all Solo, unranked and level 5. It’s even worse when they leave for 4 minutes at a time and choose to come back so they receive a lighter penalty. Competitive match-making needs priority reworking or re-balancing asap.

EDIT:

Also I’d like to add. There are times when as a group of three my friends and I will consistently be put against level 5-7’s who are un-ranked and horrible at the game. Match-making seems to either be an unwinnable uphill battle or a bigger stomp-fest than a public game.

(Szakalot) #2

I would really love two modes:

• unranked 5v5 solo queue only
  • ranked ‘everything goes’ mode

(SeppOCE) #3

I wouldn’t mind if the Solo Queue allowed for Duo but everything beyond that should be everything goes.

(Szakalot) #4

you should come up with a different name then, lol

(BioSnark) #5

Just needs a little checkbox that says “solo only”.

Then it will be a roulette of hackers and idiot teammates instead of hackers, idiots and premades. Premades will also have better games.

(shibbyuk) #6

+1. I seem to always end up on a team of individuals, playing against a clan - never works out well!

(SeppOCE) #7

Not my job to do that :wink:

It doesn’t help when it negatively effects your rank too.

(ispellcorrectly) #8

Does rank really mean anything at this stage?

(Szakalot) #9

matchmaking is so badly broken right now.

feels like all the bugs like 6v4 and random disconnects are getting more and more rampant.

Ive had situations of people getting penalties out of nowhere, game wants you to resume a match that is already over, game wants you to resume a match that never managed to start in the first place, a 5v5 premade with one player disconnected and a random solo-queue player being added;

overall about 15% of games manage to actually start, and about 25% of those are NOT a steamroll

(ispellcorrectly) #10

[QUOTE=Szakalot;534325]matchmaking is so badly broken right now.

feels like all the bugs like 6v4 and random disconnects are getting more and more rampant.

Ive had situations of people getting penalties out of nowhere, game wants you to resume a match that is already over, game wants you to resume a match that never managed to start in the first place, a 5v5 premade with one player disconnected and a random solo-queue player being added;

overall about 15% of games manage to actually start, and about 25% of those are NOT a steamroll[/QUOTE]

We witnessed this post 100% last night several times! :frowning: Steamroled, because they’re all randoms and lower ranks.

We had 1 game where we was against other premades who were actually similar rank, but they complained that they were randoms because we were the better team. I can’t wait forteh competitive fix!

(shibbyuk) #11

Yeah, it’s getting worse - it took me about an hour to get a successful game going the other night due to disconnects and the 6v4 (once 7v3!) bugs. On one attempt it disconnected me with an error then gave me the temporary ban :mad:

(dlul) #12

I think the matchmaking bad matching problems come also from the small community. We’ve had the same opponents a few time in the same evening, and when they stopped playing it is back to playing unranked and low levels. Not many people to pick from => more chances for a bad match.
Also maybe the system doesn’t “wait” for a decent opponent, it tries to match you asap even if the gap is big. Maybe it should have a timer, like if no decent opp is found in the next 3-5 minutes it goes for the bad match :slight_smile:

(and yes, lots of bugs. but you’re happy they exist when you get matched against sick6)
(oh that makes me think: SURRENDER VOTE FFS)
(AND KICK VOTE FFS)

(ispellcorrectly) #13

[QUOTE=dlul;534537]I think the matchmaking bad matching problems come also from the small community. We’ve had the same opponents a few time in the same evening, and when they stopped playing it is back to playing unranked and low levels. Not many people to pick from => more chances for a bad match.
Also maybe the system doesn’t “wait” for a decent opponent, it tries to match you asap even if the gap is big. Maybe it should have a timer, like if no decent opp is found in the next 3-5 minutes it goes for the bad match :slight_smile:

(and yes, lots of bugs. but you’re happy they exist when you get matched against sick6)
(AND KICK VOTE FFS)[/QUOTE]

who wants to sit watching the menu for 3-5 minutes waiting for a match?

(fubar) #14

I would? I would love to wait even longer if this would assure me quality opponents rather than level 5 unrankeds.

(Kroad) #15

implying there are quality opponents playing mm

but yes, high rank players should not be matched vs low rank, even if it means they wait an hour for the game. It’s not enjoyable for the low ranks getting stomped, or for the high ranks stomping and barely gaining any rank. Instead of game telling you “x players searching for a match”, would love to see it say “x players around your rank searching for a match” or smth like that

I know this will never happen but ideally players would be able to queue for mm while playing pubs, so waiting a while for opponents wouldn’t be a problem, but ofc I doubt SD will ever introduce this

(SeppOCE) #16

Probably not but it’s something the devs have implemented to rate or showcase the player’s skill level in Competitive and there’s no point of even having it there if it can’t do it’s job due to a match-making system that has had no attention. I don’t really care for my rank personally but the point is there for people that do.

[QUOTE=dlul;534537]I think the matchmaking bad matching problems come also from the small community. We’ve had the same opponents a few time in the same evening, and when they stopped playing it is back to playing unranked and low levels. Not many people to pick from => more chances for a bad match.

(AND KICK VOTE FFS)[/QUOTE]

I think the small community aspect mostly comes from the times of day you’re playing. I understand Dirty Bomb doesn’t have a huge player-base but it’s still currently one of the most played F2P shooters. I’ve had times of day where I’ll get matches in seconds with the people I’m up against being different every time whereas if I played at 11pm at night it’s the same 5 people every match.

3-5 minutes is a long average wait time for any Competitive game. When new players join Comp and see something like this they immediately leave because they don’t know what to do for the next 5 minutes. If the average newcommer realised they could leave their desk for 4 minutes or chat away to their team and start planning the game then it wouldn’t be as much of a problem.

We do need a Surrender Vote and a lot of bug fixes asap though. I can’t really grasp why there isn’t a surrender feature.

[QUOTE=Kroad;534782]implying there are quality opponents playing mm

but yes, high rank players should not be matched vs low rank, even if it means they wait an hour for the game. It’s not enjoyable for the low ranks getting stomped, or for the high ranks stomping and barely gaining any rank. Instead of game telling you “x players searching for a match”, would love to see it say “x players around your rank searching for a match” or smth like that

I know this will never happen but ideally players would be able to queue for mm while playing pubs, so waiting a while for opponents wouldn’t be a problem, but ofc I doubt SD will ever introduce this[/QUOTE]

Playing pubs while it connects to Comp would be an amazing feature.

(ispellcorrectly) #17

Playing pubs to watch half the server get disconnected because they’re waiting for competitive would be annoyingly frustrating!
Throw all people waiting for competitive into a match of their own, but with different names instead of their own… that way people won’t know who is who.

(SeppOCE) #18

[QUOTE=ispellcorrectly;534877]Playing pubs to watch half the server get disconnected because they’re waiting for competitive would be annoyingly frustrating!
Throw all people waiting for competitive into a match of their own, but with different names instead of their own… that way people won’t know who is who.[/QUOTE]

A feature like this probably wouldn’t happen. When I say it’s amazing I do mean it’s an amazing concept but I don’t see how it would be implemented in the bigger picture.

(ailmanki) #19

Imho SD should think about this. As pro player I would gladly accept matches start at a fixed time. Lets say always at 0,15,30 and 45. Once your in, you stay in, and there is no waiting time for next match.

(SeppOCE) #20

For “pro players” (which I assume is cobalt) a 5 minute wait time should be expected. For everyone else you can’t exactly only cater to the professional group of players and expect everyone else with a limited mind-set to be okay with it. I’m fine with long wait times but I know too many people who wait for 2 minutes and give up because they’re used to the instant action other competitive games provide.