Stream Notes

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey guys,

I’ve gone through and compiled a list of notes taken from our Dev streams. This is starting off as a test and if things go well on the thread we can make improvements down the line.

This list is NOT everything that we have noted so far. We still have more which we can add but would like to start this off on a smaller scale first and grow it. I have taken out a lot of things which have either been fixed or are no longer relevant, but there may also still be some non-relevant bits in these ones.

It would be awesome if we can do this as a regular thing and keep coming back to these so lets give it a go!

[ul]
[li]Stand on other side of wall to ammo box, still get ammo[/li][li]Black box bug on Chapel[/li][li]Sniper spot in wall - Last objective at the spawn on the left right before you leave spawn you jump on wall[/li][li]Nvidia cards deal with dirty bomb better than AMD? Radeon HD 6800 series seems to be unable to get stable FPS[/li][li]Friendly Fire and team collision for matchmaking[/li][li]TK Revives[/li][li]Add a counter for amount of players currently in competitive queue[/li][li]High res renders of Mercs for wallpapers[/li][li]Be able to move whilst downed[/li][li]Have the white portion of the XP bar to show the XP remaining until the next level[/li][li]Crossing Kira streams should cause an explosion/kill both of them[/li][li]If you place a turret down next to the EV, it moves with the EV[/li][li]Being kicked to the main menu after a game finishes[/li][li]Quick match into a game 30sec from end and lost[/li][li]Sparks makes players invisible when revived[/li][li]Charity Cards[/li][li]Hitching/micro-stuttering. 120-150fps then suddenly there’s a stall in the game[/li][li]Buff/re-work Arty as his ability is inconsistent across maps[/li][li]Media packs for content creators[/li][li]Allow artillery to go through glass ceilings[/li][li]Use the name of the player who have done the objective instead of the word “they”[/li][li]Game mode with no abilities, only guns[/li][li]Jump sniping seems way too easy. Needs a large CoF or something[/li][li]The healing station gets sometimes stuck into not healing state[/li][li]Allow me to turn off medal gain and the sound it plays, XP gained is fine[/li][li] Remove sniper instagib and allow the person to be downed, headshotting the target on the ground then kills the person[/li][/ul]

If there is anything you would like to add comment below and quote so I can go through regularly and add all the things.

shoe.

(Volcano) #2

allow me to turn off medal gain and the sound it plays, xp gained is fine
remove sniper instagib and allow the person to be downed,headshotting the target on the ground then kills the person

(Chris Mullins) #3

[QUOTE=Volcano;532869]allow me to turn off medal gain and the sound it plays, xp gained is fine
remove sniper instagib and allow the person to be downed,headshotting the target on the ground then kills the person[/QUOTE]

Added to post^^

(Sagan_on_Roids) #4

Thanks for putting this together and posting it Shoe!

It’d be neato if two Kiras on the same team could lazer at the same time/place and make a Super Mega Ultra Lazer of Death™.

(jazevec) #5

“Move while downed” - sounds like a passive ability for Phoenix. It will make his self-revive much more consistent. Last time I checked he had a mammoth cooldown of 50 seconds, on an ability that is easily canceled in many situations.

(Protekt1) #6

For competitive matchmaking, please add an “expected length of queue”, although it seems pretty quick lately and not all that important of a feature.

6vs6 rooms with minimum level 10 on server browser/casual side.

(Szakalot) #7

don’t really see a need for TK revives. they will be possible with FF on but hardly necessary, except maybe aura.

(AssortedStuff) #8

[QUOTE=shoe.;532868]

[ul]
[li]Stand on other side of wall to ammo box, still get ammo[/li]…
[li]Crossing Kira streams should cause an explosion/kill both of them[/li]…
[li]Use the name of the player who have done the objective instead of the word “they”[/li][/ul]
…[/QUOTE]

Ammo - funny thing, if you’re incapacitated next to an ammo crate you keep getting ammo.
Kira - on a logic perspective several Kiras (on the same team) shouldn’t be able to use the laser at the same time, after all there is only 1 ally Orbital Station …isn’t it? Something to consider.
Objective, Named Player - to me it sounds ridiculous …but on a second thought,on a practical level, it might push some players to actually go for the objective (instead of just KDr) out of vanity.

(Mustang) #9

You can already do TK revives, I don’t understand why it would be on the list.

(Domipheus) #10

What does ‘Be able to move whilst downed’ actually mean?

(Szakalot) #11

i think the idea is that you could rotate slowly to avoid getting shot in the head. so you control your incap body a bit while down.

(Raviolay) #12

In points.

-I have flickering in main menu screen like crazy 290X’s in crossfire, so crossfire maybe the cause, playing in 2560x1440 at 144htz

-I have found that sometimes when switching weapons my gun will do the fire animation, but wont actually fire (mostly smg to shotgun). Although it does sometimes happen when switching from defibs to primary (yes I do have ammo).

-I have a suggestion for aura’s healing station that most wont like, make it work the same as a ammo station. There have been times that I have seen 2-3 healing stations stacked not fun.

-As for the moving while DBNO just copy it from gears of war two/three, you fall in the same position each time, said this ages ago.

-I have never liked sparks gun, I would like a variant gun, that is a MTAR with a under-slung defib launcher that can revive teammates or stun foes.

-I would like to see a mantle move in the game, the speed of which to mantle is base of your speed before mantling. This would lower the barrier for entry in the movement system, while opening up more possibilities in map design in the future :slight_smile: This would also further distinguish better players, as masters would have faster map traversal.

-Oh their has been times when I have joined mid game, and it have been shot dead while loading in I can see anything or act. However I can hear it happening not good.

(jazevec) #13

I’m not a fan of them myself. The classic medic especially - Sawbonez - has lost any reason to do TK revives. His medpacks are full heals now.

Maybe aura, but Sparks is much more likely. She is much better at reviving than healing, and she actually would run out of medpacks. And she can do this at range! Note that Sparks still has the advantage of direct hit (cooldown reduction).

Maybe Phoenix, if his healing is still so limited.

(Volcano) #14

friendly fire on for MM games
delete sniper

(Glottis-3D) #15

delete sniper
and then nerf him to oblibion.

(FireWorks) #16

-Give Kira and Arty a battery (cooldown) similar to Sparks and let them Blind players with their laser. Skyhammer has his lower CD grenade, give them their lower CD “Flashbang”.

-Friendlies block shots with their full giant hitbox. Please, change to normal hitdetection.

(Domipheus) #17

If it’s that then no no no no no pls no.

(DarkangelUK) #18

Indeed, no crawling and no pivoting… lie there and take the facebullets like a man/woman!

(Mustang) #19

No, the idea was to allow you to crawl a short distance to somewhere that a medic could more easily reach if you had died out in the open.

(Glottis-3D) #20

lol, i think Szaka trolled 4 ppl in a row, with taht “rotate slowly to avoid getting shot in the head” post
:::::::DDDDD