Dirty Bomb 'low fps feel' SOLVED

(INF3RN0) #1

Set the HUD alpha in ‘game settings’ to 0 and suddenly the game feels incredibly smooth and becomes waaaaaaaaaaay more stable! People were telling me that the HUD functions separately from the game itself, which must be true. This isn’t placebo, it is literally night and day. I spent the entire night playing with no HUD or crosshair just because it was the first time in at least a year that I’ve been able to play DB smoothly. Please look into this asap SD tech guys and I will love you forever, I just can’t believe that after all this time it was the HUD that was the culprit for the low fps feeling and visual stuttering.

(mccrorie) #2

Do you have mumble or similar software that will let you use a replacement crosshair? Would be interesting to see if that makes any difference too. You might start a trend.

(prophett) #3

For anyone interested - Mumble Crosshair Guide with 10 sample crosshairs (#2 ftw).

(Smooth) #4

We’re currently looking into this as an urgent priority.

(Glottis-3D) #5

the freese/lowfps problem info: can have somthng to do with Killcam.
Mattja disabled killcam in his CFG and our buddy with lots of freezes and fpsdrops says they’re gone (hud is not disabled)
his cfg: http://www.twitch.tv/mattjatv/profile

(Szakalot) #6

Well spotted!

didn’t someone post a huge drop in FPS whenever ‘tab’-ing in-game?

(Glottis-3D) #7

[QUOTE=Szakalot;532854]Well spotted!

didn’t someone post a huge drop in FPS whenever ‘tab’-ing in-game?[/QUOTE]
in the BUGs section, yes

(Protekt1) #8

Good stuff, gonna try this out shortly.

(BomBaKlaK) #9

I test this and it feel much better ! nice find

(Protekt1) #10

Yeah, this works.

edit:
The true test for me will be for 7v7 where this happens the worst for me. I haven’t tried that yet.

(Szakalot) #11

sweet; sounds like a fix should be possible; or we all just play with no hud xcept a mumble crosshair : P

(Domipheus) #12

interesting, the hud/ui process is usually the thing that crashes for me too :s

(Ashog) #13

[QUOTE=Glottis-3D;532845]the freese/lowfps problem info: can have somthng to do with Killcam.
Mattja disabled killcam in his CFG and our buddy with lots of freezes and fpsdrops says they’re gone (hud is not disabled)
his cfg: http://www.twitch.tv/mattjatv/profile[/QUOTE]

Gotta try this. I have terrible lags (1-2 second freezes every 30 seconds or so), usually get killed in lag mostly. Sure I got old pc but still…

(Guilte) #14

This makes a huge difference. Good find.

(Protekt1) #15

Same. Big problem, needs solving.

(Domipheus) #16

Has crashed twice for me tonight :confused: Coherent_UI.exe or whatever it is.

(jazevec) #17

Well now I have an excuse to try those melee Auras!

(PixelTwitch) #18

Godbless coherent ui!

(Ashog) #19

[QUOTE=Glottis-3D;532845]the freese/lowfps problem info: can have somthng to do with Killcam.
his cfg: http://www.twitch.tv/mattjatv/profile[/QUOTE]

Do you know which command exactly disables the killcam? (not gonna use the full config)

(Glottis-3D) #20

nope, we failed at finding this out =(