There will be no gay merc.

(jazevec) #1

Nader has a wife, so she’s lesbian or bisexual.

However, I predict there will be no gay merc ever. Nexon won’t allow it. People would avoid that merc. Lesbians look nice on videos, but otherwise majority of gamers doesn’t want to be associated with anything homosexual. So Nexon will see this as nothing to gain, much to lose, and play it safe.

(Volcano) #2

interesting fellow

(tangoliber) #3

I don’t know the lore for each character, but I see no reason why any of the current male mercs couldn’t be gay. I don’t get a “non-gay” vibe from any of them.

(Shadwblade2652) #4

Why is this relevant…?

If they add a gay merc, good for them, but it’s nothing special.

(BioSnark) #5

If a character is lesbian then there is already a gay character.

(Dragonji) #6

(Protekt1) #7

Seems to be a downward trend in thread topic quality lately.

(AssortedStuff) #8

Fragger and Bushwacker are “getting it on” with each other, those moustaches don’t fool anyone :slight_smile:

(Nail) #9

noticing that today

(AssortedStuff) #10

Also, we NEED a rainbow camo. (originally intended as sarcasm, but why the hell not? I bet it would sell.)

(Runeforce) #11

It’s worth noticing that all story has been removed with the latest update. And the DB forums language filters some really casual stuff.

(jazevec) #12

Rainbow skin would be hilarious! Stomping people with a rainbow skin and watching them froth!

(Rex) #13

//youtu.be/YaG5SAw1n0c

(PinkFrog) #14

Well, there’s always fanfiction…

mmmmh…

Rhino…

(alphabeta) #15

WTF? Why would you even wonder about this? But…

Doesn’t Bushwacker look like he belongs in a YMCA troupe?

(DarkangelUK) #16

Is someone not gay unless they advertise it to the world? Is that why vegans tell everyone they’re vegan because it doesn’t count otherwise? How do you know none of them are gay?

(Bangtastic) #17

Nobody expects the…

(FireWorks) #18

Well… I personally doubt that you have to put your sexuality in everyones face. Live your life the way you like and let others live theirs.
“WATCH ME!! I am so ****ing HeTeRo! BITCHES!!!” is a bit annoying (and makes you look like an overcompensating homosexual anyway…)

Its a deepest personal thing and raising a lot of emotions.

Introducing a gay merc would need a lot of feeling to avoid the “abusing gay for marketing” while maintaining the dignity. I think it is totally possible to have a gay merc, youd just have to not let the sexuality stand out that far (which it does if no other merc has a story about his private life). Look at Mass Effect, where you could be gay in the natural way like 10% of the human population are.
If youd just put in “the gay merc” then you sure fail and get your game known as the gay game like TF2 is the hat game.

Im sure Bongo(?) could do a lot of great work with background stories like he did for Brink.

(Bongoboy) #19

Surely you mean “when will there be any heterosexual male mercs in DB?” :slight_smile:

All of DB’s Mercs are very much themselves, irrespective of how they identify or get labelled. And you’re quite right, we don’t want to make Mercs a particular way just for the sake of being able to claim we had. But we also don’t want to exclude humans for no good reason either.

Who knows who DB’s Mercs go back to after a day’s work? Well, I do, but that’s not the point, the point is that it doesn’t define them. They’re just professionals, from all over the world, the best at what they do, and they don’t do their job in a way that depends on who they’re attracted to, so how could you tell, and why would it matter?

And just wait until you find out which of the Mercs used to be married to one another… :penguin:

(shibbyuk) #20

Err… what? I don’t remember seeing a sexual preference bar in the role call videos so how would you even know!? Nor care should we. For all we know, Fragger is a eunuch!

And as we all do know, the only thing Mercs really care about is cold, hard cash.