If DB is team-based, why only personal score is displayed ?

(jazevec) #1

At the end of a match, you can see:

• your XP
  • your K/D
  • your mission progress

At the very least, it needs a TEAM tab. It would display:

• revives per team
  • HP healed per team
  • assists per team
  • finishes per team
  • deployables planted vs neutralized
  • per-team xp breakdown (yellow, red, blue)
  • weapons which got most kills in each team
  • average health (to highlight heavy vs light class balance)
  • damage taken, damage dealt
  • per-team K/D
  • number of players killed while planting, disarming, or constructing
  • distribution of yellow XP in each team (how much objective XP each player got… it would highlight teams where one or two players are banging their head against the wall vs those where everyone is contributing)

In general, pretty high level information. Insightful players could draw their conclusions.

(Nail) #2

I could see a bunch of that coming with higher level integrated clan stuff, but right now these players would be under info overload

(jazevec) #3

Is that what you’re trying to promote ? 95% of players only caring about personal score ?

I could not see this stuff coming with higher level integrated clan stuff, because Dirty Bomb is overrun by aimbotters.

(Nail) #4

not sure what good/help this would be in pubs where teams change mid round at times

(jazevec) #5

Now it’s long enough.

(Protekt1) #6

[QUOTE=jazevec;532604]Is that what you’re trying to promote ? 95% of players only caring about personal score ?

I could not see this stuff coming with higher level integrated clan stuff, because Dirty Bomb is overrun by aimbotters.[/QUOTE]

I haven’t seen an aimbot for days. So elaborate how it is overrun and how this is even relevant to your point.

(amazinglarry) #7

I’m a stats whore and would love to see how the Team vs Team stats stack up against each other, especially in a close game (pretty much all the categories you listed).

As far as players switching teams mid-match or dropping out… that shouldn’t matter too much for the Team stats, as whoever was on that team at a given time still contributed to that team. So if I was on Attackers and revived 5 people, then switched to Defenders, the Attacking team still had 5 revives from me.

(jazevec) #8

It is overrun in Competitive mode. In that mode, you

1. can’t spectate players, so you can’t record videos and get them banned
  2. are punished for leaving mid-game, so you’re forced to stay with aimbotters.

I haven’t seen a single aimbotter in casual mode. They love Competitive mode so much!

(Protekt1) #9

[QUOTE=jazevec;532614]It is overrun in Competitive mode. In that mode, you

1. can’t spectate players, so you can’t record videos and get them banned
  2. are punished for leaving mid-game, so you’re forced to stay with aimbotters.

I haven’t seen a single aimbotter in casual mode. They love Competitive mode so much![/QUOTE]

Still, ranked mode is hardly being overrun. You’re being hyperbolic. Still waiting to see how this is relevant to the end score screen.

(Nail) #10

ahhh, I get it, it’s badger logic

(jazevec) #11

[QUOTE=amazinglarry;532613]
As far as players switching teams mid-match or dropping out… that shouldn’t matter too much for the Team stats, as whoever was on that team at a given time still contributed to that team. So if I was on Attackers and revived 5 people, then switched to Defenders, the Attacking team still had 5 revives from me.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. People who are making counter-arguments like this are still stuck in the personal score mentality. From a team’s perspective, it doesn’t matter much who did what as long as the job got done.

The “team” tab would be for people who enjoy teamplay. You enjoy K/D, you already have your stats, why block making it more enjoyable for others ?