Regarding the influx of players and cheats available/being made.

(bananers) #1

It’s great that the game is growing and with Total Biscuits new video it will certainly see more players incoming.

But with the large amount of players flocking to the game comes a terrible downside. The downside being the cheats being made and utilized in matchmaking and public lobbies.

With matchmaking being how it is with the cheaters and level 5s with high levels, it leaves the cheaters bleeding into the public lobbies because they get bored. This is a problem because it ruins everyone’s fun and drives players away from such a promising title such as Dirty Bomb.

There is this post on reddit where a guy downloaded a cheat trial for 24 hours. In this post it makes it obviously clear that the game has a serious problem as it reveals the amount of cheaters this cheater ran into. https://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/3b4tb7/im_an_admitted_cheater_and_in_my_experience_the/ and even an image telling you what the cheat does

another instance is Pansy the streamer / ESL caster stream today. She literally had a cheater follow her around to every lobby as stated here. https://twitter.com/TheyCallMePansy/status/615214304665698304

Is there anything that can be done about this? Maybe implement some sort of thing like CSGOs overwatch where you flag a player and certain people in the community will look at these reports, and make decisions on if they’re cheating… all using responsible members of the community. I believe this is a cheap alternative than implementing a better anti-cheat than xgincode. VAC is also another option.

I love this game, I really do. I haven’t played another game like it. It’s unique. But its hard to love something when it cheats on you.

(buckem) #2

With a high influx of players from various sources, continuously hitting peak players & surpassing that peak (http://steamcharts.com/app/333930) there should be a better method to deal with the toxic players. This needs to be addressed immediately if something isn’t already in the works as having such toxicity in game will drive players away from it. Forget about teammates not focusing on objectives or broken matchmaking, if you can’t get a game in without experiencing a cheater then nobody will come back to play it; early impressions can be important. Playing Dirty Bomb on the weekend is pretty much asking for a bad time.

(Szakalot) #3

imo links should be removed by mods

this is not some honest innocent player trying to get some just revenge on cheaters;

this is a cheat-add, plain n simple.

(DJswirlyAlien) #4

I think TBs video has doubled the player base. I was curious when this game went open beta how many people were playing and it was a 6000 roughly. Its now at 12000 and TB video has been viewed only 90,000 times so i think it might go up further.

(MoonOnAStick) #5

Certainly reads like one.

(Mustang) #6

Roughly 15% increase today (after his video was posted) compared to yesterday (before his video was posted), but there was already a 50% upwards trend in recent days even before he posted it. So I wouldn’t give it too much credit yet, I do think that it’s way to early to be counting any playerbase increase off the back of this, give it a few days at least.

(Rémy Cabresin) #7

[QUOTE=Szakalot;532468]imo links should be removed by mods

this is not some honest innocent player trying to get some just revenge on cheaters;

this is a cheat-add, plain n simple.[/QUOTE]

Disagree, have all the links out there in public so that devs have to do something about it. Same goes for massive exploits etc, make a video so everyone knows how to do it so the devs have to prioritize it.

You could argue that cheat adverting would be horrible, but at least it would light the fire even harder and if SD can catch up a bit to the cheatcoders at least it will mean that more current cheats get detected. And the cheatcoders will have to create new things, and at that point DB will be where every game is in the endless struggle of anticheat vs new cheats and keeping up. But right now the cheatcoders are just whooping the anti-cheats ass completely :confused:

(Nail) #8

If you seriously believe Splash Damage isn’t painfully aware of this problem I urge you to never reproduce

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #9

It’s not a problem. Just play on a server with active server admins and… oh wait.
Seriously, I am very thankful that there is the ability to spec other players unlike in other games. I personally haven’t observed any cheaters but then I don’t play that much either.

(buckem) #10

[QUOTE=adeto;532480]Disagree, have all the links out there in public so that devs have to do something about it. Same goes for massive exploits etc, make a video so everyone knows how to do it so the devs have to prioritize it.

You could argue that cheat adverting would be horrible, but at least it would light the fire even harder and if SD can catch up a bit to the cheatcoders at least it will mean that more current cheats get detected. And the cheatcoders will have to create new things, and at that point DB will be where every game is in the endless struggle of anticheat vs new cheats and keeping up. But right now the cheatcoders are just whooping the anti-cheats ass completely :/[/QUOTE]

This. SD/Nexon needs a fire lit under their ass and prevent their new (to steam) game from becoming an infested free to play mess.

To those that think this is advertising, obviously there are no links pointing you to any website, searching “dirty bomb cheats” would be more effective. You can continue burying your head in the sand and sweeping issues under the rug on IMPORTANT issues, in fact I would say the most important issue.

I personally enjoy playing this game and would prefer to see it do well rather than ignoring the issue and hope it’ll go away.

(Volcano) #11

i liked nexon a handful of hack sites in my last hacker report. doubt they will do anything with them

(Szakalot) #12

[QUOTE=buckem;532484]This. SD/Nexon needs a fire lit under their ass and prevent their new (to steam) game from becoming an infested free to play mess.

To those that think this is advertising, obviously there are no links pointing you to any website, searching “dirty bomb cheats” would be more effective. You can continue burying your head in the sand and sweeping issues under the rug on IMPORTANT issues, in fact I would say the most important issue.

I personally enjoy playing this game and would prefer to see it do well rather than ignoring the issue and hope it’ll go away.[/QUOTE]

“You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nail again.”

cheaters are already infesting the game, esp. in matchmaking; we don’t need MORE cheaters to prove this point. Making the fire bigger would just burn the whole place down.

This is an obvious add, rather than describe the experience of hunting the cheaters and how much rage it caused them it states:

• all the ‘cool’ features you can have with the cheat (half of them sound like BS to be honest)
  • half the players are cheating (so you can too, since everyone is, you shouldnt feel bad)
  • you don’t have to cheat with vassili, it works even better with your favorite character!

(BioSnark) #13

My analysis of the situation is as follows:

EASILY 25% - 50% of the players in a given match are using some kind of cheat (and these guys look legit, thanks to the sophistication of the aimbot programs; the obvious cheaters are in the minority).

This is my favorite part of the reddit post. If this guy’s analysis were true, I feel terrible for people buying the garbage. They should sue for getting a completely defective product.

(Tanzverbot) #14

[QUOTE=buckem;532484]
To those that think this is advertising, obviously there are no links pointing you to any website, searching “dirty bomb cheats” would be more effective.[/QUOTE]

And that’s exactly what he wants to encourage people to do.

I’m actually quite stunned to see how many people don’t seem to able to see this.

(AssortedStuff) #15

Regarding aimbotting it seems that analizing player performance server side would be the a big part of the answer.
Example: any player above xyz% of “this” or “that” would automatically be flagged for review by someone at Nexon (in charge of chasing away the cheaters). Not straight up ban (because errors might happen …maybe) but it would alert someone would could review it and then decide.

(DarkangelUK) #16

10 - 15 headshot kills in a row in the space of a minute is a big bloody indicator as well

(buckem) #17

Advertising or not; there’s far too many cheaters in this game at the moment. This is the issue being discussed, not whether its an advertisement or not.

(montheponies) #18

I tried to report an obvious aimbotter last night. Terrible process.

Read up on how to Report a player…
Create Nexon Account
Raise Support Ticket
Fill In Lots of Boxes
Attach video evidence
Click submit and it sits there, doing nothing.

There should be a ‘report player’ button on the menu, add to the Mute/Vote Kick options. Or at least give the tools through the Steam overlay.

I’d also automatically ban anyone using anything other than the standard alphabet for their name :stuck_out_tongue:

(mac.vc) #19

[QUOTE=montheponies;532537]I tried to report an obvious aimbotter last night. Terrible process.

Read up on how to Report a player…
Create Nexon Account
Raise Support Ticket
Fill In Lots of Boxes
Attach video evidence
Click submit and it sits there, doing nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Exact same thing here.

(bananers) #20

Not a cheat add. It’s a simple concern for the progression of a game that I want to see grow and not infected by these players.

You seem to argue about everything on every post and disagree with what everyone says szakalot