TotalBiscuit - WTF is... Dirty Bomb

(DarkangelUK) #1

He seems pretty keen on it and really hits home that you don’t need to use ADS at all unless you want that extra bit of zoom.

//youtu.be/nK9Im1eP3DI

(ZGToRRent) #2

Finally a good review from big youtuber :o

(Protekt1) #3

With 99% less misinformation.

He points out that there is not a medic in free rotation this week. But doesn’t everyone start with aura unlocked permanently? I guess he just wasn’t aware of that.

The other thing is he thinks nader might be evidence of some power creep, because it might be stronger than fragger. He does discuss how the glauncher is balanced vs fragger’s grenade by health and other aspects though.

Otherwise - pretty accurate.

(Protekt1) #4

With 99% less misinformation.

He points out that there is not a medic in free rotation this week. But doesn’t everyone start with aura unlocked permanently? I guess he just wasn’t aware of that.

The other thing is he thinks nader might be evidence of some power creep, because it might be stronger than fragger. He does discuss how the glauncher is balanced vs fragger’s grenade by health and other aspects though.

Otherwise - pretty accurate.

edit:

Also, he doesn’t seem to be aware that FOV is vertical FOV and not horizontal. That is still true right? So 100fov is really much higher than 100fov he thinks it is.

(Glottis-3D) #5

nice one!
i like his review

(DarkangelUK) #6

A very good and fair review, definitely agree on the merc pricing being high but overall he seemed to really enjoy it. As a tidbit though, isn’t Aura one of the permanently free mercs in the game meaning that there’s always a medic and Proxy as well for the engineer?

(Protekt1) #7

I think you get skyhammer and aura. And then you get like credit bonuses at lvl 2 and 4 so you can easily unlock a 3rd merc.

(jazevec) #8

It’s pretty nice, and I feel obligated to pile on Total Biscuit for not noticing Aura and Skyhammer are completely free mercs. Doing so will hopefully shame him into correcting himself. He also failed to point out how many mercs total are available for free with no questions asked (5 at all times).

(Runeforce) #9

I score this review 5/10 :wink:

(BioSnark) #10

He’s correct about times when there aren’t engineers on rotation, although obviously not medics. Also agree that merc costs should be halved, as we’ve mentioned here. And, agree on lack of thematic diversity with weapons and environments, as well as samey objective types. Generally positive review that includes a lot of good points on the weaknesses, as well as strengths.

(Protekt1) #11

What we need is a “create your own bundle”. That way people can get like any 3 specific mercs for half price or something. I didn’t notice that the bundles were such a good deal. Maybe I would spring for one that has 3 mercs I don’t own, but that doesn’t currently exist. Actually, the bundles themselves seem to be at a price point he wants, perhaps slightly higher value than what he wants due to the elite cases.

Maybe if you own a merc you’ve already bought, you get a credit bonus?

(Szakalot) #12

looks like his review is doing work!

https://steamdb.info/app/333930/graphs/

(rookie1) #13

:=))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(BioSnark) #14

[QUOTE=Szakalot;532450]looks like his review is doing work!

https://steamdb.info/app/333930/graphs/[/QUOTE]

and, of course, authentication server is dying.

(Mustang) #15

Basically a lot of the same complaints I’ve been saying, lacking AA options, mercs too expensive, etc.

Yes he messed up the part about Aura always being available, but as he went the starter pack route I can forgive this.

This is why everyone likes TB’s “reviews”, in-depth, highly accurate, and actually opinionated, overall a good watch.

(tokamak) #16

I say it once again. Totalbiscuit announcer pack.