Splash Damages stance on Mumble Overlay Crosshairs?

(STOGE) #1

So I’ve made and finished a steam guide on how to install Mumble Overlay crosshairs, but I’d like to have a disclaimer at the end with some sort of official dev comment about them to disencourage people thinking it’s hacking/cheating.

Can anyone help me out?

If you’re interested.

Written Guide!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=470015172

Video Tutorial!

//youtu.be/0A6gFBoGEto

(Bangtastic) #2

though rust has no crosshairs at all. So it shouldnt be a big problem in dirty bomb, since the crosshair is still slightly off.
Type Showhudcentre in console for proof. (prolly wont see any fix soon, since the crosshair is deeper rooted to the weapon, …sth like this idk).

(Protekt1) #3

Getting banned from a game from using a crosshair overlay. Why even support **** developers like that. If they’re willing to give a refund, that is one thing. But revoking basically an entire game’s access that they paid for over a simple crosshair overlay. **** them.

Should be fine with DB though. I don’t imagine they’d ban without some large forewarning at least.

(STOGE) #4

I found the following;

I would think that if it was a huge issue, the devs would have put their foot down and made it clear they are not to be used (the ui related ones especially).

I’ll keep you all posted if I find anything else.

(OwNLY) #5

Would be nice to actually hear what they are planning.

SD has been awfully quiet about the whole crosshair-issue.

(ailmanki) #6

Since it’s possible to put something physically in the center of your screen… I don’t see the point in trying to prevent this.