Quick knife / quick ability feedback

(Anty_al-Tikriti) #1

Hallo! It’s me, Anty.

I’m glad that there is a quick knife / ability system in the game, but I hate the way it works currently. If you cancel one quick action by using another quick action, you then return to holding whatever the first quick action item was instead of the thing you were holding before you used a quick action at all. I’m not making this very clear. Example:

If you are holding a gun and hit quick revive, if you cancel out of reviving by hitting quick knife you then get stuck holding your knife instead of your gun after the knife animation has finished. If I wanted to keep the knife out I wouldn’t have used quick knife in the first place! Similarly, if you cancel out of quick sticky bomb with quick detonate you get stuck with your bombs out, and so on. This is annoying and can induce violent coughing fits.

A menu option for “quick action returns to last weapon” would make me very happy.

Danke sehr!
Auf wiedersehn!

(Mustang) #2

This is how it should work by default, it’s a bug that it doesn’t: http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/41488

(Anty_al-Tikriti) #3

Thanks. It’s so obvious I assumed it couldn’t be a bug.

(Pakaa) #4

So on the subject of quick abilities, are there any hidden advantages to not using them (and equipping instead), or vice versa?

Thinking primarily in terms of timing, does it take equally long to equip medpacks, throw one, and switch back, as it does to hit a quick one? Throwing multiple ones should be faster when equipping?

Coming from ETQW I just equip everything anyway, but I’ve wondered about the mechanics of it all.

(Szakalot) #5

[QUOTE=Pakaa;532451]So on the subject of quick abilities, are there any hidden advantages to not using them (and equipping instead), or vice versa?

Thinking primarily in terms of timing, does it take equally long to equip medpacks, throw one, and switch back, as it does to hit a quick one? Throwing multiple ones should be faster when equipping?

Coming from ETQW I just equip everything anyway, but I’ve wondered about the mechanics of it all.[/QUOTE]

I would say that in general, if you are okay with equipping - go for it.

The only quick ability I can think of that benefits from tapping over pulling it out are defibs.

(Mustang) #6

The timing are the same in terms of weapon switch, your probably right that it’s quicker to equip if you’re using it multiple times in a row, I think it’s largely personal preference though.

(Szakalot) #7

generally I think that pre-equipping with ‘4’ and ‘5’ will teach you more about minimum timings, true for nades/airstrike/arty/stickybombs/heartbeatsensor/etc.