Pack abilities

(Remedie) #1

Maybe you’ll find it stupid but i’m often switching between skyhammer and sawbonez and i have a problem with givin pack, one have them on 1st ab the other on the 2nd.

Is it possible to have all pack, deployable, alt weapon, on the same key?

(DB Genome editor) #2

Not stupid at all. Dozens of people have been complaining about the same thing for nearly two years! No kidding, the oldest complaint I know of goes back to the Aug 2013 update and still no one has bothered to do this simple swap… :mad:

(Nail) #3

because it’s not possible as explained by countless other threads

until we get individual configs per merc, ain’t possible

(DB Genome editor) #4

[QUOTE=Nail;532339]because it’s not possible as explained by countless other threads

until we get individual configs per merc, ain’t possible[/QUOTE]
Must have missed something because I don’t recall a convincing reason why it could not be done… :o

(BioSnark) #5

please link.

@Remedie: you and a huge number of other people.

(Nail) #6

@Djiesse yep you did

(Mustang) #7

Here are some existing discussions:
Ammo ability swapped on Skyhammer and Arty :frowning:
Unified Quick Ability shortcuts?
ammo/medpack hotkeys
Defib and Med pack buttons should be switched.

There was a really long one that explained why default binds would never be perfect and why user defined context were the only solution, but I couldn’t find it, I also recall this being mentioned several times on the Nexon forum also.

(BioSnark) #8

So Splash Damage hasn’t actually explained wtf is going on.

(DB Genome editor) #9

The key words here are “it’s not possible” and “convincing reason”. I’m pretty sure I’ve read every thread on the subject and never seen anything but subjective arguments as to why the packs and deployables could not be aligned to the same key. If there ever was a dev post explaining why it was not possible, I would really appreciate a link to it.

(poiuasd) #10

I imagine fixing this wouldn’t take much more than renaming ability 1 to ability 2 and vise versa.

(BioSnark) #11

Sounds like a process that takes several years.

(Mustang) #12

It’s not that they can’t, it’s that they don’t want to, someone had the bright idea that throwable things should be on Q and placeable/useable things on E. Skyhammer being the oddball with two throwables.