Best counter for Rhino?

(kenpokiller) #1

I main Sparks/Aura

When Rhino looks at me i’m dead.

I use fragger to counter him but my obsidian loadout card has a burstfire weapon and that’s a joke. His pistol is even better.
Only fragger has enough tankyness it seems to somewhat survive rhino.

Halp?

(Erkin31) #2

Nader, some bounces of nades without exposing yourself.

(kenpokiller) #3

Yup I just got pwned by a pro nader
Guess i’m saving up ^^

He seems like good fun besides fragger (although he my obsidian tho)

(ZGToRRent) #4

Actually each class with at least 100 HP.

(NeroKirbus) #5

mid range counters Rhino the best, a skyhammer, nader, fragger, kira (outside maps preferable)… as long as you are not in close range of him, he is extremely easy to take out. It’s all about the hit and run tactics when engaging him. However, the main problem are the people pocket medicking him, which means you need AoE to effectively take him out. If he doesn’t have one, then have fun stomping all over him.

One game I stalked an aura/rhino combo as Fragger with M4 and made them completely useless…

(Phantomchan) #6

I personally think Vasilli can counter him easily when he pops his head out in quite big spaces. Otherwise Nader is a good option with the grenade launcher.

(ispellcorrectly) #7

Bushwacker used to counter, but since the kek-10 nerf, not so much anymore! :frowning:

(matthiew) #8

The easiest way to bring down a Rhino is with a sniper rifle. They have high enough power to really hurt him, and at long range the Rhino can’t shoot back.

(_milla) #9

rhinos weakness is his size. even player with bad aim can kill him from distance. in close range -> nades and immediate attack without waiting.

(Decayed) #10

[QUOTE=kenpokiller;532318]I use fragger to counter him but my obsidian loadout card has a burstfire weapon and that’s a joke.
[/QUOTE]

The burst is actually pretty good at taking out a rhino. Just strafe and click on the head 2-3 bursts. Rhinos usually start running when they get lower than 50% because most people who choose them love the survivability. I actually kill them pretty well on Kira with the burst, although her 90 hp makes it harder.

(Violator) #11

He’s pretty slow (and a lot of Rhino players don’t move at all) so kiting round works just don’t get too close :). Shotguns are pretty useless against him.

(Protekt1) #12

I like using nader. But I’ll love using stoker. Also skyhammer isn’t bad because of his hp and his special does some damage as well.

(shibbyuk) #13

Same here, I’ve killed plenty of Rhinos playing as Vasilli; the slow movement makes headshots relatively easy.

(Shanks) #14

I just sneak up behind him and shank him. shrugs

(ostmustis) #15

play rhino and notice how you get killed

(Toomic) #16

I find that hugging cover also gives you an edge against Rhino too as he cant ironsight so half of his bullets will hit the cover you’re behind.