Why is there XP in the game?

(acQu) #1

I do not get its purpose. Why is it there?

(Nail) #2

it’s a score, sheeple like scores

(Sagan_on_Roids) #3

It’s a better way to gauge player performance than K/D ratio.

(Amerika) #4

Are we talking about the combined score at the end of a side/map or the XP system for accounts overall?

If the latter, in the past you could level mercs up individually to level 10 IIRC and they would get slightly more powerful while you did that. Getting to 10 wasn’t super fast but it wasn’t too hard either. However, it seems that system was removed. Possibly because it would make people feel like they were gimped out of the gate and it would send the wrong message in regards to “pay2win” (that’s my theory anyway).

I wouldn’t mind seeing a return to that system of leveling up mercs instead of your account but not tying any in-game benefits to it. It would show time spent on each Merc and more benefits could be thrown at players. For example, if you hit level 5 and then level 10 with a merc you could be given new skins for them. People do like their progression systems and perks like that would be fun and encourage playing IMO.

If the former it’s just how these games work. They try to encourage teamwork and reward people going for objectives and utilizing their classes as best they can beyond simply shooting people and not dying.

(acQu) #5

I mean the former.

Imo the level (based on your xp) should be capped, cause the higher you climb, the more you feel like you gotta outperform lower levels. Somehow i do not feel this is good.

There is no other purpose of xp, right?

(Protekt1) #6

No current purpose. They could have more planned for later though and I think I read them saying they’d have a purpose for it somewhere down the road.

(NeroKirbus) #7

That level merely unlocked their taunts past 5, where the previous levels unlocked the card’s augments. It was a weird system and it was pretty frustrating since you had to play many games before you had access to them when you acquired the card…

(kenpokiller) #8

Give people sense of progression and motivates buying mercs when they realize/see how much it actually takes.

Also I like big numbers

duh

(jazevec) #9

I have yet to see a single player boast about his XP score.

(BioSnark) #10

I don’t see people boasting about their kdr, either.

That can only be a good thing as, given the huge difference in skill ruining many public server matches, people might try to divide by zero.

(PinkFrog) #11

My money is on future features as well.