Hit detection on explosives

(acQu) #1

Ever wondered why you survived some of thos explosive thingies (dyno, grenade) and thought: well i am not a cheater?

Well, this is cause the hit detection is broken in this regard.

I can only tell what happened to me: it was me and one other player on the server. I layed dynamite. We both sat on the dynamite until it exploded :smiley: And voila: one of us survived, the other not (i was the one who survived cogh).

I have no clue how stuff like that happens, but it is worht mentioning. We both actually had to die from that explosive, however, only one of us did. That is all i can say.

GG
acqu

(Nail) #2

there’s an augment that drops damage, you got one ?

(acQu) #3

No, i had founders card on skyhammer. It is definetely a bug. It happened occasionally on other classes and other classes. No damage inflicted in that cases.

(BioSnark) #4

I’ve also had experiences with explosives I thought extremely odd regarding multiple players in the same AoE. I assumed players were somehow shielding each other.

(acQu) #5

It also happens with grenades from fragger. The shielding sounds most probable. I sometimes just assumed packet loss or something. Or that i hit a button at that exact moment which cancels my hitdetection … not quite sure, must investigate further …