Execution Test #2 Friday 19th - Monday 22nd June

(Chris Mullins) #1

For this weekend, starting at 17:00 UTC, Friday, June 19th and ending 17:00 UTC, Monday, June 22nd, the prototype game mode Execution will be available for play in marked Dirty Bomb servers. This mode is designed to be a good jumping on point for Dirty Bomb, bringing in a familiar style of gameplay, but maintaining Dirty Bomb’s unique flair.

Event Duration

[ul]
[li]London (BST, UTC +1:00): 18:00, Friday, June 19th - 18:00, Monday, June 22nd
[/li][li]Los Angeles (PDT, UTC -7:00): 10:00 AM, Friday, June 19th - 10:00 AM, Monday, June 22nd
[/li][li]Sydney (AEST, UTC +10:00): 3:00 AM, Saturday, June 20th - 3:00 AM, Tuesday, June 23rd
[/li][/ul]

About Prototype Showcase
Dirty Bomb will always have something new in development, and whether it’s a new map, mode, or something else there’s no replacement for the kind of feedback that our players can provide. As such, we will occasionally give limited sneak peeks of upcoming content in its prototype state, in order to ensure that it is of the highest possible quality when it is fully released.

Please remember that these features are in a prototype state. While everything should be playable and largely functional, there will be bugs, there will be imbalances, and there will be parts that are clearly unfinished. For this test, Execution Mode’s only map is in a Blockout status, using placeholder textures instead of full ones, and we are looking forward to what you think of this very different way to play Dirty Bomb, so please experiment and try out bizarre strategies.

Changes from Previous Execution Test
This is our second such test, and we’d like to see how the game mode works with the following changes:

[ul]
[li]Round time has reduced to 2 minutes from 3 minutes.
[/li][li]Total rounds have increased to 12 from 10.
[/li][/ul]

In Execution Mode, teams are trying to win the most out of 12 rounds. To win a round the attacking team needs to eliminate all enemy players or bomb one of the objectives; for the defenders to win the round, they have to stop them.

Execution Mode is played out over 12 rounds, first to win seven wins the match. In each round, the Attacking team is tasked with planting and defending C4 at one of two bomb sites, while the defenders must stop them from doing so, be it through defusing planted C4, or just killing anyone that tries to plant a bomb.

Win Conditions
A round is won if:

Attackers

[ul]
[li]The attackers kill all of the defenders
[/li][li]The attackers destroy one of the two objectives
[/li][/ul]
Defenders

[ul]
[li]The defenders kill all the attackers and no C4 is currently active
[/li][li]The defenders defuse a planted C4 before it goes off
[/li][li]The round time expires
[/li][/ul]
The first team to win 7 rounds is declared the victor for the match, ending even if all 12 rounds have not been played. If each team wins 6 rounds, it is declared a Draw. Individual rounds cannot end in a draw.

Team Sizes
Matches will be 7vs7 for this test.

Match Time & Rules
Each round has a time limit of 2:00. If C4 is not planted at one of the bomb sites before that timer expires, the Defending team wins the round. Only one C4 charge can be planted at a time, and the other bomb site becomes disabled once it is planted.

Once killed, players do not respawn until the next round. Players that are incapacitated but not finished can still be revived or helped up to continue fighting.

Half Time
After 6 rounds, the attacking and defending teams switch sides.

HUD
The objective HUD is in the top left of the screen and shows:

[ul]
[li]The round timer
[/li][li]The round number
[/li][li]The number of players alive on each team
[/li][li]The number of rounds won by each team
[/li][li]If the bomb has been planted
[/li][li]The bomb’s fuse progress
[/li][/ul]

(BioSnark) #2

Yay, overground!

…unless it’s canal.

[QUOTE=BioSnark;531723]Yay, overground!

…unless it’s canal.[/QUOTE]

Why not both?

(DarkangelUK) #4

W00tsauce \o/

(BioSnark) #5

because shoe says there’s only one option, so it better be overground :3

Perhaps shoe. is not allowed to leak the juicy details before the update goes live :stroggtapir:

(Mustang) #7

New map I bet.

You just lost a bet!

(Kl3ppy) #9

Played a couple of rounds and I think it is too easy to defend. All my matches ended as a draw :frowning:

(BioSnark) #10

Execution should have friendly fire.

(DarkangelUK) #11

The whole game should have friendly fire, but yes this mode should.

Everyone I’ve played with so far loves this mode, it’s being received really well.

(Rémy Cabresin) #12

Staaaahp working on ****ty gamemodes and work on things that are important plox :3 (yes I think execution is waste of time, I don’t rant or complain alot. im more a ‘ill deal with what I get’-kinda guy, but this is the only thing where im like… STAHP SD?!)

(Glottis-3D) #13

please bring Overground to Stopwatch!

(PinkFrog) #14

The mode is important as alternative. And when two good teams fight it’s insanely tense.

From my experience, attackers are far more successful at average. But yeah, there’s a lot of draws.

(Shadwblade2652) #15

See now here’s the issue:

There’s not really many objectives, so it would not make sense. That’s sort of like trying to turn de_dust2 into an objective map. It’s not practical. You can reuse the same assets but the level needs some serious expansion to be viable for stopwatch.

(DarkangelUK) #16

This ****ty game mode is going to be more popular than than standard stopwatch, if anything SD should be investing more time on it, not less.