New Melee Weaponary: Speculation

(Bloodbite) #1

I did a brief search, and didn’t find what I was looking for.

I am curious what the current plans are for variant melees in the future, and the opinions of others too.

Two things missing from the game that I am partial to:

[ol]
[li] akimbo pistols (which is another discussion entirely, and one thrown about in the past)
[/li][li]KATANAS!!!
[/li][/ol]

Should katanas, and other such weapons like, say, a tactical tomahawk (and distinctly NOT novelty stuff like claymores, double headed battle axes) enter into the game… I am curious if that will trigger a new round of card variations at every level, or perhaps just within the Elite Range… or possibly even Obsidian exclusive?

That Covert merc that was melee only (until he returns I won’t remember his name off hand) … would he cancel out the possibility of katanas in the hands of every other merc? From my hazy recollections, he had a katana.

And… being set in London and having cricket bats being region appropriate. Does anyone thing a claymore would seem reasonable and not novelty-ish?

Using Killing Floor 1 as a very good parallel (being that it was also set in the UK), they have claymores and axes… but they lend themselves to the scavenger post-apocalyptic environment, whereas DB everyone is playing a PMC, I would think more practical choices for melee weapons are called for.

A cricket bat, like a baseball bat, is a worthy, practical weapon. But something like a golf club? Not so much.

(Szakalot) #2

I hope the customization goes towards a variety of melee weapons:

• fits the wacky theme of a game: rhino with a big ladle or sth equally ridiculous, 2-by-4, any random Fallout 1-2 melee weapon
  • finishing enemies with melee is that one feature of the game that feels ‘personal’. its like a fast-paced fatality from mortal combat, esp. with that squishy sound. Being able to finish off an enemy with a badass super-rare melee weapon is wayyy better than another skin; characters run so fast I never have time to look at nobody’s skin.

(Volcano) #3

you’re in luck bloodbite

(Bloodbite) #4

[QUOTE=Volcano;531681]

you’re in luck bloodbite[/QUOTE]

Excellent… now to lobby for my akimbo pistol’ed medic so I can run around with a 5% hit ratio just for the big boom boom whilst every incapacitated players cries about the lack of enhanced call-medic functionality… haw haw haw :penguin:

(Volcano) #5

bang bang

(prophett) #6

Need a hockey stick :smiley:

(PinkFrog) #7

Rocket launcher…

(kenpokiller) #8

Sledgehammer instasplat
-50 movement reduction

(Volcano) #9

the panzer has been in the game since the start of time but i dont think it was ever usable

(PinkFrog) #10

They are probably tweaking the rocket-jump values.

(Mustang) #11

Still hoping for a crossbow and p90.

(Nail) #12

well, we know throw knives are out, unless tomahawk is just a hacker and not thrower, it prolly gone too

(Volcano) #13

//youtu.be/KWMiJGcXNvc

(kenpokiller) #14

I tried not to fap to that video.

(AssortedStuff) #15

“Tried”?? Ewwwww!! :slight_smile:

(jazevec) #16

A frying pan, or a shovel. Something that sounds like from Nuclear Throne.

(Bloodbite) #17

Feminist Barbie-World merc lipstick and now a frying pan… you sir, are on a roll.

(Nail) #18

I’d be up for shovel, worked well in “Postal 2” and “November Man”

(KeMoN) #19

I’m just going to bump this thread, because I would love a Sledgehammer! It would perfectly fit Fletcher and Turtle, maybe Bushwacker but I don’t think that much. Apparently there is even a model for it or they really just used Photoshop on the Bug Fixing update wallpapers.
By the way are there any new information about either the Tomahawk or the throwing knives or maybe even akimbos? I’m really curious about them!

How about throwable Proxy mines like Frisbees? That would be fun.

(Violator) #20

[QUOTE=KeMoN;555103]I’m just going to bump this thread, because I would love a Sledgehammer! It would perfectly fit Fletcher and Turtle, maybe Bushwacker but I don’t think that much. Apparently there is even a model for it or they really just used Photoshop on the Bug Fixing update wallpapers.
By the way are there any new information about either the Tomahawk or the throwing knives or maybe even akimbos? I’m really curious about them!

How about throwable Proxy mines like Frisbees? That would be fun.[/QUOTE]

Rocket-powered Supersledge ftw :slight_smile:

A slow but powerful melee weapon might be fun, hard to aim and time but massive damage (maybe AOE as long as it wasn’t too easy to spam?)