Announcing Gears of War: Ultimate Edition

(Marbles) #1

A new blog post has been added:

Announcing Gears of War: Ultimate Edition

We’re thrilled to announce that we’re working on Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Xbox One alongside The Coalition. We’ve completely remastered the original game: There’s now support for Dolby 7.1 surround sound, modernized multiplayer running at 60 FPS on dedicated servers, skill-based matchmaking, and much more.

Here’s what Splash Damage’s CEO and Founder, Paul Wedgwood had to say:

“For the past decade we’ve been fortunate enough to work on some of the world’s most famous intellectual properties including Wolfenstein, Doom, and Batman: Arkham Origins. To date we’ve got six consecutive #1 hit titles, and although this has all been absolutely incredible, nothing compares to the scope and scale of a game like Gears of War. We loved playing Gears of War when it first came out, and we’re thrilled to be part of one of Xbox’s beloved franchises.”

Head over to gearsofwar.com for more information and the first screenshots.

Are you looking forward to Gears of War action on the Xbox One? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

(Mustang) #2

Very nice guys, looking sexy!

EDIT: “There was a problem retrieving your Xbox Live account information”
Oh it’s Xbox only… :frowning:

(Nail) #3

how very nice for you

(rookie1) #4

Congratz .Played one GoW on PC was fun game …will this one come on PC …One day ?
(hav no intention to get XboxOne…Im a PC guy :stuck_out_tongue: )

(LaVaGoD) #5

This is awesome news! I loved GoW!

(DarkangelUK) #6

I love how Microsoft like to harp on about how they’re definitely gonna commit to PC gaming, then never commit to PC gaming.

Anyway loved GoW so sounds awesome and congrats to SD, just don’t know anyone with an XBOne :frowning:

EDIT: Looks like it is coming to PC after all, shweet \o/

The increased power of the PC will allow for a few visual goodies not found on Xbox One, Fergusson said. Ultimate Edition will support resolutions up to 4K, for one, but also sport an unlimited refresh rate and take advantage of the newest version of Microsoft’s DirectX framework for games, DirectX 12. It’ll play nicely with a host of inputs, too — custom joysticks, wired and wireless Xbox controllers, and even the recently unveiled Xbox One Elite controller.

But both platforms will benefit from new content. Multiplayer on dedicated servers features a variety of game modes, several of which are new: Team Fight, King of the Hill (which the leaked materials describe as “in the style of Gears of War 3“) and a 2v2 Destruction type called Gnasherom.

(Raviolay) #7

[QUOTE=DarkangelUK;531421]I love how Microsoft like to harp on about how they’re definitely gonna commit to PC gaming, then never commit to PC gaming.

Anyway loved GoW so sounds awesome and congrats to SD, just don’t know anyone with an XBOne :([/QUOTE]

I have my tag is Raviolay if you want a blast sometime.

(zenstar) #8

Congrats guys :slight_smile: Must be awesome working on this sort of thing.
Will hopefully get to try it out.

Congrats SD

(Loffy) #10

Woa, that is an important tourch to carry on. Congratulations.

(tokamak) #11

Forced my housemate to play the coop campaigns with me on his console. Now he’s gone I’m seriously considering buying a console just for this.

Yep PC too

“Gears of War Ultimate Edition is coming to PC. The Coalition studio head Rod Fergusson announced a PC version of the game tonight during the PC Game Show at E3 2015. Fergusson could not comment on the chances of Gears 4 coming to PC as well at this time.”

(rookie1) #13

[QUOTE=JBRAA;531584]Yep PC too

“Gears of War Ultimate Edition is coming to PC. The Coalition studio head Rod Fergusson announced a PC version of the game tonight during the PC Game Show at E3 2015. Fergusson could not comment on the chances of Gears 4 coming to PC as well at this time.”

http://kotaku.com/gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-is-coming-to-pc-the-coal-1711861221[/QUOTE]
Oh that’s cool thanks for the infos :slight_smile:

(Pytox) #14

lol gears 4 coming to pc sure :stuck_out_tongue: maybe after 10 years :smiley: