Quick join not implemented well

(Destroy666) #1

It most likely was reported but still not fixed (EDIT: or perhaps it’s an effect of today’s patch because I didn’t notice it earlier) - quick join doesn’t fill empty (0) servers. Why doesn’t it? Someone needs to join one of multiple empty servers manually through the server list in order to allow others joining through quick join… And obviously not many players think/know about this “feature” (?) so many servers stay empty.

(S0und_) #2

To prove you point, and show bad it is right now, here you go:

//youtu.be/oBt_aejpLvU

(poiuasd) #3

After the hotfix the quick join seems to filter out servers that give me higher than 50 ping so the number of servers that remain in the search is very small, thus quick join doesn’t put me in a game at all very often. Most people know what regions they want to play in so having the ability to manually determine the servers for search would be cool.

(S0und_) #4

Maybe that’s true in your case, but if you spin the clip to that part where i’m actually showing that there are a lot of available servers, those are all <50 ping.

(Destroy666) #5

Yep, I don’t think it’s connected with ping either, most joinable EU servers not considered by quick join have low ping for me.

(poiuasd) #6

No I mean I haven’t been connected to a >50 ping server by quick join a single time after the hotfix even though most of the servers in my region do give me more than that. I can see all the servers in the browser as usual.

(Destroy666) #7

But you can see on S0unds video that the quick join fails to connect to non-full ping < 50 servers too.

And I’m still sure it’s connected with servers being empty, even though the video theoretically neglects that too. Why? Ghost bug, which is apparently fixed: http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/44494-Another-Little-Update-09-06-2015, but it’s not. Today, after having problems with quick join once again, I connected manually to few servers that showed 4/16, 8/16, etc. In fact, noone was there.

(poiuasd) #8

Yeah well those servers are probably like a minute away from finishing a map so the system doesn’t put you into those.

(Destroy666) #9

How can they be a minute away from finishing a map while they’re empty and no map is played?

(Szakalot) #10

speaking of ping, how come ping has been removed from the server browser? I can barely use it now cause it will display all DB servers from all over the place; which is huge clutter.

Would also be nice to ‘stop’ the refreshing of the browser, once you see that interesting servers have been already loaded.

(S0und_) #11

The ping filter is still there. They actually changed some priorities while the browser is loading the servers. If all possible servers are loaded, THEN you will see the actual ping to the server, so that’s the last thing that will load (more precisely, show up) is the ping.

Just wait.

(poiuasd) #12

Well I’m fairly sure the quick join also filters empty servers out of the search and I personally haven’t seen the ghost bug happen since the hotfix.