Another Little Update - 09/06/2015

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all,

In the early hours of this morning an Update was deployed which solved the following issues:

[ul]
[li]Improved server browser and quick-match performance
[/li][li]Servers should no longer appear to be full of ‘ghost’ players
[/li][li]Improved sign-in errors for suspended player accounts
[/li][li]Fixed matchmaking sometimes choosing the incorrect region for a server
[/li][li]Players can no-longer cancel matchmaking once they have pressed accept
[/li][li]Thank you for your patience.
[/li][/ul]

Enjoy and let us know how these go for you!

shoe.

Server browser is horrible now.
Previously it gave all the servers at once and you could choose in peace.
Now they show 10 servers at first, you start choosing and click on one, at the time you start clicking, another 20 appear and move everything out of place. By the time the shuffling finally stops, all the servers have either died or filled up to the maximum.

/endrant

(spookify) #3

SD Needs a new creative way to browse servers… We wanted the 2000’s style browse and it is amazing however it is time to bring this up to date.

I think there are a few ways this can be done:

#1) Default only displays your region Servers so only loading 1/4 of all server so speed things up with a option to load all over or specific regions. AKA a filter however default is your region.

#2) Split Screen Browser either 1of2 or 1of4. This will pull the server browser info of the regions into specific windows making regions easy to navigate and also making specific regions easier to refresh.

#3) *Filter BEFORE Server Browser! This Might solve a lot of Issues!

#4) If Server Browser is keep the same then add a Server Search Button. Once this is Coded add a player search Button. Lots of Coding! :wink:

***Something needs to be done because you arent going to load 10,000 servers into a small Server Browser… That back end would be crushed!

#5) A Search for Locked Servers Option

(BomBaKlaK) #4

Web page with a join button can be nice to

(Destroy666) #5

[QUOTE=shoe.;530848]In the early hours of this morning an Update was deployed which solved the following issues:

[ul]
[li]Thank you for your patience.
[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: :slight_smile:

(Mustang) #6

Indeed, not quite sure that last one was an issue that needed solving. :penguin:

(Glottis-3D) #7

this used to be

“Closed beta Update v38624”

and now it is “Yet another update”
=))

(BioSnark) #8

[QUOTE=spookify;530857]#3) *Filter BEFORE Server Browser! This Might solve a lot of Issues!

#5) A Search for Locked Servers Option[/QUOTE]

Agree with these points in particular. Takes about 1 second per 100 servers loaded for me so 11 seconds to refresh the browser, regardless of filters.

Filters should be click once for check, click again for exclude, click again to remove filter… sorta exactly like ETQW. Also, options should include friends, rank restrictions, custom content and friendly fire, too.

(spookify) #9

[QUOTE=BioSnark;530936]Agree with these points in particular. Takes about 1 second per 100 servers loaded for me so 11 seconds to refresh the browser, regardless of filters.

Filters should be click once for check, click again for exclude, click again to remove filter… sorta exactly like ETQW. Also, options should include friends, rank restrictions, custom content and friendly fire, too.[/QUOTE]

I agree!
I like the thing that allows us to see that our friends are playing however I am scared to click on them… I do not no if they are in a ranked or OBJ server or SW server or a pug or scrim… In the little join/info pull down SD should also include “Info” so it will say what that player is doing… Maybe even more detail some day like:

#1) Watch
#2) Time Left
#3) Round
#4) Score
#5) Stats
#6 Map

and so on…

(BomBaKlaK) #10

Yep ! We need this

(Destroy666) #11

[QUOTE=shoe.;530848]

[ul]
[li]Improved server browser and quick-match performance[/li][li]Servers should no longer appear to be full of ‘ghost’ players[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]

Not the case: http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/44496-Quick-join-not-implemented-well?p=531002&viewfull=1#post531002

(redtractor) #12

Some things are still bugged, like 6vs4 in MM. Happened to me yesterday. I’ve landed in a lobby with teams 6 vs 4. After initial countdown the game moved me back to main menu with info that one or more players were unable to join server. I was solo q, no premade team.

(Mustang) #13

Yea I still have ghost players showing in server browser.

(Poldy) #14

@devs, how about an update regarding improving the the game performance!?

Several players are reporting that the game begins to lag after 5-10 min: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/10799/fps-drops-let-us-know-your-details/p1

Additional are there several messages that the game freezes, crashes or a window with the message Ran out of video memory! Exiting… will pop up!

I hope that these issues will be fixed soon! :smiley: Please keep us posted…

(Szakalot) #15

its definitely better, but yeah i saw it still persists.

(Erkin31) #16

Server browser is worst than before with this update.

I never seen a unreal engine 3 game with a correct server browser. This is crazy, a such thing was better in game which have 8 years (ETQW)

Give me back All seeing eye !

I also encountered a server with ghost players today.

(light_sh4v0r) #18

Then again the ETQW server browser was close to perfect :slight_smile: