Snipers, what enemies do you hate the most ?

(jazevec) #1

Considering how high the prices for mercs are, I’m probably not going to get a sniper when I can get an engineer instead. I also need to buy a new computer for Dirty Bomb so my FPS can reach double digits.

I’m wondering what the best anti-sniper mercs and tactics are ? What bothers snipers the most - very fast mercs like Aura, Thunder who just doesn’t drop from a single headshot, Red Eye with his smoke ? Or maybe only other snipers ?

(Szakalot) #2

doesn’t really matter, any class can take on a sniper and win, its more about positioning than who are you fighting against.

e.g. shotgun upclose is very dangerous for a sniper, but easy to take on at a distance.

(jazevec) #3

[QUOTE=Szakalot;530727]doesn’t really matter, any class can take on a sniper and win, its more about positioning than who are you fighting against.

e.g. shotgun upclose is very dangerous for a sniper, but easy to take on at a distance.[/QUOTE]

That’s not what I’m asking about. I’m the thread starter, you can take my word that the question is: “What enemies do snipers hate the most ?”.

(Szakalot) #4

and my answer is: they probably don’t play favorites. Sniper being as frontloaded a merc as they are is probably the least concerned with whose head they are aiming at, since headshot on any merc is a kill, and if you miss, its likely a kill for the opponent.

It also depends which weapon you are using. If you use PDP you probably like light mercs as one headshot gets you a kill, if you use single-shot snipes you’d probably prefer aiming at fraggers, than proxies and auras jumping all over the place

(jazevec) #5

Do you say so from experience as a player who plays Vasili a lot ? The thread title suggests I’m mostly concerned about opinions of dedicated snipers. Normally I produce counters to something by playing it and noting what I have most trouble against. That’s not really in the cards when you have to either wait weeks for free rotation or pay for a class. That could be Medic or Engineer instead.

Also, Thunder does survive a sniper headshot.

(BioSnark) #6

A good sniper 1hit kills and gibs and so has no effective counter outside of map geometry.

(Szakalot) #7

I mostly pubstomped with PDP, so not a dedicated sniper, but like we are saying with Biosnark, if your win condition is to score a headshot, you don’t really care which merc you are scoring it against.

Also, Thunder does survive a sniper headshot.

so does Rhino, but one isnt in the game, and Rhino is probably sniper’s easiest pick.

(Nail) #8

it’s not who snipers hate, it’s who they should target

1: Medics
2: Engis
3: anyone impeding your teams progress

(jazevec) #9

So aren’t faster enemies harder to hit ?

(Szakalot) #10

maybe at the beginning, but the more you snipe the less it matters. Once you get warmed up to maximum player speeds, its less and less of a problem, plus:

• light classes are largely underplayed in competition
  • you can just score a bodyshot and finish their measly 10% hp off.

(Destroy666) #11

As I said in another thread, this:

is and most likely will stay the biggest sniper counter.

Then I’d say other snipers, if their skill is similar to yours. The rest gets destroyed on a long distance.

(cR_Refl3x) #12

I use sniper pretty much all the time. The target i hate the most is probably Proxy, she is hard to hit and has a shotgun so she can get up close and %&$£ you up. She can also place proximity mines in all the good "camping " spots aswell, she definately the best counter to sniping!