Server Browser: option to choose

(acQu) #1

If it is true that i have no other choice on quick joins than just hit the button and hope that i dont land on a server where i have 300+ ping, then i like this to be changed. US West on Quick Join from Europe is a bit too much. I even once played in Australia. Not good to play with that ping numbers :confused:

The typical action of most of the db players i assume is that they just disconnect in that case or use the server browser straight away.

It would be cool if it either allows me to lock the region on quick joins, or that i am asked if i want to join a us west server. This is just a quick join issue, on stopwatch it allows me to lock regions, which is good imo.

(Fooooo) #2

Just d/led on steam.

OMG, terrible server browser.

I thought this was a PC exclusive for now ??

Everything looks like its made for Xbox in the menus. You cant even press ESC to quit or bring up the “quit menu”. I had to look around and oh… there is a “Power icon” like an xbox…

Basically, my gripe atm, I just downloaded and FFS how can i filter the damn servers ? I want AUSSIE onlyh servers yet to find them i have to scroll through 2000+ servers…

Cmon…that stuff should have been there on the inital online build…are you serious ?

Look at ET or QW ffs you guys damn well made them. QL even has “YOUR VICINITY” as a filter option.

If there is a filter option…my bad…well SD’s bad because I couldnt damn well see it.

(I should note, the ping option DOES accomplish this, if it could actually ping servers other than the US…not sure why no other servers give me a ping but US ones…)

Look, I want to support this game as I love what SD has done in the past, but its really annoying and hard to find a damn server…

Step1: Open the filters
Step2: Type AUS in the ‘server name’ field.

(Anti) #4

There are bugs with the quick join and matchmaking at present where it selects the wrong servers. We’re preparing a hot fix that should address these and we’re planning to improve the number of options in future. Between those it should cover all the issues you’ve mentioned.

(BioSnark) #5

On that menu, please add more options on the friends section like the option to see gametype/map/# players on server.

edit: just add the ‘view server info’ or whatever it’s called in the dropdown when you click on a friend’s name.

(acQu) #6

Alrighty. More menu options ftw.

(Humbugsen) #7

please, also add an option for player number, i really don’t like those 8v8 servers (but somehow i still like to use the quickjoin feature xD)