Friendly Fire in Matchmaking

(Pakaa) #1

How isn’t this a thing?

Tried matchmaking for the first time… it needs to have FF and collision enabled.

So do some pubs for that matter. Will it be implemented? Are we waiting for some anti-griefing system?

:orbital:

(Mustang) #2

Yes, in matchmaking definitely, I hope some regular servers will get it also, but SD aren’t so keen on this idea.

Yes, nailed it, there are plans but they didn’t get implemented yet, at least not in the public build.

(Pakaa) #3

[QUOTE=Mustang;529734]Yes, in matchmaking definitely, I hope some regular servers will get it also, but SD aren’t so keen on this idea.

Yes, nailed it, there are plans but they didn’t get implemented yet, at least not in the public build.[/QUOTE]
Ah ok. I’d say “but we can vote!” if I didn’t know the sad reality of voting at the moment.

Hope we just get the forgive system from Quake Wars, it worked extraordinarily well. Rushing an objective while a friendly air-strike is coming in is just stupid at the moment… IMO some pubs will need FF on at some point.

Anyhow, good to know!

(Anti) #4

We’d like to add it for ranked but we need to add some kind of feature to deal with griefers, other than the current vote kick, before it can go in. Last thing we want is people losing rank because of it and not having the tools they need to deal with it.

(fubar) #5

Votekick is plenty enough, as long as it’s a majority vote. 3/5 should suffice.

(Pakaa) #6

Well there’d be the issue of what happens to the rest of the game, and the griefer. Will the game still affect rank? Could it then be abused by voting a player off if you’re losing? And what should the penalty be? And how do you differentiate between griefers and others when voted off?

And thanks for the feedback, Anti!

(Anti) #7

I don’t want parties vote kicking a guy because he starts to do badly. I don’t want parties of griefers to TK and not pass the vote when it comes. There needs to be something a little more robust than that.

Vote kick got removed from moba HoN, and came back later reworked, where you could only kick someone if they were idle for 5 minutes.

Why did it get reworked? It was happening too often that 3-4 friends when winning, were vote-kicking 1-2 teammates off the game, in the last minutes of the match, “for fun” / to grief them for fun. When kicked, it counted as if they ragequit / left, and there for the kicked player didnt get more ingame credits for playing, and got higher leave %.

(Zenity) #9

An added complication is that teamkill revive is a valid tactic and should not be punished.

I would suggest a complaints based system, so after you get TKed you get a little popup “press FX to forgive/dismiss, FY to file complaint”.

Then maybe a time based warning system? E.g. one complaint in X minutes = warning (gives you a chance to be more careful with “complainers”), second complaint in X minutes = yellow card and finally three complaints in X minutes = red card (booted off the server and temp ban). A certain number of yellow cards could then also lead to a punishment.

Instead of temp banning, a weaker punishment could be to put players on a probation period, where one complaint = kick and/or they are not gaining XP/credits for their matches until they complete a certain number of “clean” matches.

(amazinglarry) #10

Wow that’s just plain douchebaggery. Taking ‘fun’ griefing a little too far considering the consequences of being vote-kicked. I’ve never played HoN but I’m glad they’ve reworked it.

Vote-kicking still gives me nightmares dating back to ET where a teammate was CLEARLY bleeding or griefing teammates, and we could never get enough votes to kick.

(Advanced) #11

[QUOTE=JBRAA;529771]Vote kick got removed from moba HoN, and came back later reworked, where you could only kick someone if they were idle for 5 minutes.

Why did it get reworked? It was happening too often that 3-4 friends when winning, were vote-kicking 1-2 teammates off the game, in the last minutes of the match, “for fun” / to grief them for fun. When kicked, it counted as if they ragequit / left, and there for the kicked player didnt get more ingame credits for playing, and got higher leave %.[/QUOTE]

They fixed this in CS:GO by not counting the kick against you if you were kicked by a party of people. So if 4 of you Partied together and voted off the 5th, he wouldn’t get punished for it :slight_smile: Only if you were voted off by random players did it effect your rank.

(ToonBE) #12

I get the complications with friendly fire, but collision should be easy to implement? Or am I wrong? @Anti

(Zenity) #13

Well problem is that collision without friendly fire can also be abused for griefing (trying to lock teammates into corners and such).

(ch3w0nth1s) #14

I am just linking the poll from the other forum here: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/11072/we-need-matchmaking-to-have-friendly-fire-enabled

(Szakalot) #15

present situation isn’t ideal either, as any delivery objective can be extremely easily griefed as well.

Several options exist, from reputation systems on non-partied-up players (so people in a party can artificially boost each others rep, to ET/QW complaint systems, and finally some reporting; or even CS like overwatch.

In general though, I expect these trolls to be less frequent here than in most other games, as the very teamplay-ay nature of the game usually caters to a little more mature crowd. Of course we’ll get plenty of trolls too, though.

(ASD) #16

Hi,

I would like to digg our this old thread as I think we realy need some FF matches.
alot of games are simply arty, nade, mine spam! FF could simply change this. I also like to be able to tk-revive!

sure we need some mechanic to punish/remove stupid players who shoot theyr teammates… I think in ETpub … some days ago… there was a setting to punish the the player who shoot on mates by simply doing minumum or double damage to himself… with this he will fast stop shooting mates. sure… mines airstrikes are again something special… but if you kill half of your team with your mines/airstrikes nades… you are doing something wrong… but this can easy happen by accident …
this is not easy…
but I think we need the option to choose if we want to play FF on or off … simply offer both sort of servers and see what happens

(BomBaKlaK) #17

Some “min lvl 20” need FF ! This “simple feature” change the game and make it less spammy & more tactical.