Dedicated Server Help

(Littlebags) #1

Looking to setup a dedicated server with the ETF mod installed,but currently stuck.The main server is setup,but i’m looking for quick rundown on how to install mods.Thanks.

(Crytiqal) #2

Just download the mod, unzip next to the etmain folder and +set fs_game “modname” in the startup script.

What’s the problem? :confused:

(Littlebags) #3

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;529452]Just download the mod, unzip next to the etmain folder and +set fs_game “modname” in the startup script.

What’s the problem? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Server won’t come back up after a restart.Currently working with my host to figure out why.Thanks.

(ETJump-Zero) #4

Start it on restart? Init, Upstart etc.

(Mustang) #5

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ETJump-Zero again.

(ETJump-Zero) #6

[QUOTE=Mustang;529617]You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ETJump-Zero again.

captain obvious[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what I was trying to say previously. It made no sense. :smiley: Anyway, what could be a better way to fix a “doesn’t restart” problem than to start on restart!

(Crytiqal) #7

A computer?

(Littlebags) #8

getting the following error in the console:

ERROR: Unknown team ‘cvops’ on entity.

----- Server Shutdown -----
Resolving etmaster.idsoftware.com
etmaster.idsoftware.com resolved to 192.246.40.60:27950
Sending heartbeat to etmaster.idsoftware.com
==== ShutdownGame ====
ShutdownGame:

(Littlebags) #9

Finally got it up and working.Thanks to those who tried to help.

(Mateos) #10

So, in the end, what was wrong? ^^’

(Crytiqal) #11

As in, what was the problem to begin with, or in what fixed his “problem”?

Sorry, I just love these “Hello I got a problem please help me nvm fixed it” threads.

(Littlebags) #12

It was two issues that were causing problems.The first was the entity error with several of the maps,apparently the 3 used to test won’t work for some reason.The other problem was a syntax issue with command line.I was using +exec etf_server.cfg in the command line.Apparently i would have to use +exec ./etf_server.cfg.

(Mateos) #13

Thank you :slight_smile: Which maps were causing an issue?

(Littlebags) #14

The 2 i can remember of the top of my head are bam5 & chronoforts.

(Mateos) #15

Thank you! :slight_smile:

(tt88supra) #16

hello there folks I’m a noob at servers could get I starter list of things to do to set up my own dedicated server or could you point me in the direction of thread on it. I have built a dual xeon server and I can get it up and running on lan but cant get it to show on master list and I have a feeling it is a simple issue but I am just lost. any wisdom for a noob admin? Thanks for any help in advance

(Crytiqal) #17

Did you forwarded the port on your router?

(Nail) #18

it will never show on master list if you are connected from inside your network, it will always show as LAN, you have to look from a client outside your own network to see it

(diaboliksmart) #19

Not sure you’re right, because when I launch my test server from home, I can see it in serverlist inside my own network.

@tt8supra: if you run ETPro mod, server will not be on serverlist if nobody is connected.

(Mateos) #20

Empty servers aren’t listed, even if the related filter doesn’t exclude them afair, that’s a known issue of the master server right?