Better visual team differentiation request

(AssortedStuff) #1

In the last month or so I’ve been killed a few times by opposing players which I thought they were on my team and I didn’t shoot at.
It’s when they manage to flank us and get close, I don’t see their overhead indicators and the uniform/camo colours aren’t that different. There is a slight colour overlaying the uniforms but it has a low opacity.
It’s not frequent but frustrating when it does happen. “Hello friend. …Argh!!! Damn it!”

Why not have all camos similar to the Obsidian ones, in the way that there are clearly defined colour areas, which would change depending on Friendly/Enemy?

The Obsidian screenshot is for example purposes only, every skin should be unique. But the existence of several clearly defined colour areas helps immensely when identifying friends and foes.

(Glottis-3D) #2

yes please, very needed.
i do not have a strong eyesight, and have problems with distinguishing players from back ground and from eachother.

(ToonBE) #3

Wouldnt that limit the possibility for merc skins?

(PixelTwitch) #4

They are already massively limited… hate the skins and loadout cards in general.

Soon we get to see both skins that a card comes with (friendly and enemy) and that is going to make me cry. Some skins look great on friendly but ugly as hell on enemy and visa versa.

(Glottis-3D) #5

seeing enemy and being able to distinguish enemies from teammates is a priority, imho. not the skins

(shibbyuk) #6

Agreed.

Particularly when you run into someone round a corner, you can’t see the indicator above their heads at all.

(PinkFrog) #7

[QUOTE=shibbyuk;529429]Agreed.

Particularly when you run into someone round a corner, you can’t see the indicator above their heads at all.[/QUOTE]

Just shoot and let God sort them out…

(-PogS-) #8

Yeah as long as FF is off, better shoot.
When or if ‘FFon’ is available, then it will be a real problem. There is also an easier solution than skins with color-able parts. Team differentiation can be achieved by effects, like glows, outlines, etc…

(AssortedStuff) #9

No, every skin can and should be unique BUT could have several little areas of colour.
The Obsidian skin screenshot was just for example purposes only, as it has those colour areas that would make team identification easy.

(BomBaKlaK) #10

+1 for better teams identification

(Matuka) #11

I agree with this, right now there is only a very slim falloff on players that is easily missed. Previously in BRINK you had better identification methods, there was a strong stroke outline around players [1][2] and just like OP mentioned, there were different colored skins for the player models too [3][4]… I don’t know how BRINK has managed to do this perfectly fine and Dirty Bomb has not? Kind of embarrassing tbh lads