Running Clock and Spawn Clock

(spookify) #1

Can we talk about the Spawn Clock?

SW Mode

Each team currently has the same spawn times… Fine… Little odd they aren’t staggered but fine.

Right now in SW I care zero (nothing) about when I die. I know I am going to spawn very quickly no matter what and also maybe even get lucky and spawn right away…

This is very weird because I dont fully understand the spawn system. I have literally killed out at 2, 1, 24 and 23 and have insta spawned…

This game would feel and play so much better to actually have a running clock. Maybe in Ranked play we can have a running clock, with FF and Collision! Crazy right a real stop watch type game mode. I really do hope that SD is just using this spawn system as a place holder of for certain noob modes.

Back to same spawn times for a second. It is starting to become clear and I hope the echo data shows this that both teams actually are starting to meet and fight in specific area’s.

Example: Bridge (grr)
2nd Stage you can spawn on attacker and run toward the pump room.
2nd Stage Defender will also run right to the pump room on the lower level.
The timing of both team meeting up in the pump door way is equal! Is this by design? I just find things like that are wrecking the game. All this echo data of times and distances make it feel like SD is choosing where we should fight and its not working. especially on Bridge.

Anyway back to the main point and running spawn times! What you think! Real stop watch!

(Szakalot) #2

[QUOTE=spookify;529059]
This is very weird because I dont fully understand the spawn system. I have literally killed out at 2, 1, 24 and 23 and have insta spawned… [/quote]

that doesn’t make any sense. If you die at 24 seconds left, you are out of the game for 24 seconds.

And what the hell is a ‘running clock spawntimes’?

(montheponies) #3

Not sure what you mean by insta-spawning to be honest. I’ve had a couple of full spawns that were painful (eg. 23s) in the last couple of days.

Generally I still havent seen any evidence that SDs stated aim of improving the spawn system has been acheived, so i’m still looking for;

• Staggered spawns.
  • Asymmetrical spawn times, typically favouring the offense by 5 or 10s
  • Forced spawnwave, ie. if you don’t tap out you have to wait till the next wave, that’s the risk for hanging around ungibbed (currently no risk).
  • Selectable spawnpoints.

But all of this has been mentioned before so not holding my breath for a change, particularly as it goes hand in glove with map design…which in turn leads me to think about rubbish objectives and before we know it we’re back in Alpha :smiley:

(spookify) #4

[QUOTE=montheponies;529061]Not sure what you mean by insta-spawning to be honest. I’ve had a couple of full spawns that were painful (eg. 23s) in the last couple of days.

Generally I still havent seen any evidence that SDs stated aim of improving the spawn system has been acheived, so i’m still looking for;

• Staggered spawns.
  • Asymmetrical spawn times, typically favouring the offense by 5 or 10s
  • Forced spawnwave, ie. if you don’t tap out you have to wait till the next wave, that’s the risk for hanging around ungibbed (currently no risk).
  • Selectable spawnpoints.

But all of this has been mentioned before so not holding my breath for a change, particularly as it goes hand in glove with map design…which in turn leads me to think about rubbish objectives and before we know it we’re back in Alpha :D[/QUOTE]

I think I have sat twice ever for 23 or 24 seconds. And really had no idea why I got a full spawn that time and not other times…

Running Clock is just that. A running Clock. Basically if you dont tap out at 0 you dont respawn like you do now.

Servers:

PUBS:
Novice/Beginner Only Levels 1 - 5 (FF and Collision OFF)
Normal/Standard All Levels (FF and Collision OFF)
Advanced All Levels (FF and Collision ON!!!) (Running SW Clock)

Ranked MM
Level 5 and Up (FF and Collision ON!!!) (Running SW Clock)

(spookify) #5

This^
This is the point of this thread. A running spawn aka force spawn…

(Szakalot) #6

[QUOTE=spookify;529062]I think I have sat twice ever for 23 or 24 seconds. And really had no idea why I got a full spawn that time and not other times…

Running Clock is just that. A running Clock. Basically if you dont tap out at 0 you dont respawn like you do now.

Servers:

PUBS:
Novice/Beginner Only Levels 1 - 5 (FF and Collision OFF)
Normal/Standard All Levels (FF and Collision OFF)
Advanced All Levels (FF and Collision ON!!!) (Running SW Clock)

Ranked MM
Level 5 and Up (FF and Collision ON!!!) (Running SW Clock)[/QUOTE]

you trolling? you know you can see your spawn time in the upper left, next to the round clock.

And spawn times in SW are 30seconds…

(spookify) #7

[QUOTE=Szakalot;529064]you trolling? you know you can see your spawn time in the upper left, next to the round clock.

And spawn times in SW are 30seconds…[/QUOTE]

Are you trolling? Its F’ed up and not a forced spawn and its based on when you die no tap out.
Stop trolling this thread!

(Szakalot) #8

[QUOTE=spookify;529067]Are you trolling? Its F’ed up and not a forced spawn and its based on when you die no tap out.
Stop trolling this thread![/QUOTE]

???

Spawnwaves happen every 30 seconds. However, if you meet your spawnwave you can spawn later (press spawn to deploy) - yes that will cut down your next spawnwave, but why would you ever not want to spawn ASAP? (apart from some specific situations like avoid a spawnkilling airstrike, or wait for an obj to proceed, for spawns to shift)

(fubar) #9

I have literally killed out at 2, 1, 24 and 23 and have insta spawned…

This. So much.

Spawntimes are a guideline more than anything right now, it’s utterly frustrating killing a person at 22 after the cycle has been reset and seeing them re-spawn anyway. You have 24 seconds, it hits 0, you’re out. Simple as. Don’t ****ing try and butcher the entire system you have in place just to make it less punishing, you remove any and all rewards from it by doing so.

Right now, you literally have to kill a person at 21 or later, else he’ll be re-spawning. Always. And that’s only if he wasn’t revived already once during THAT respawn cycle, guess what boys, there’s a bug that allows you to instant re-spawn always! All it takes is to survive an entire cycle, get revived during the next… voila, you can respawn at 16, 15, even at 8, any ****ing time you please.

(Szakalot) #10

So I went and checked whats up.

Yes, its not 30 but 25, lol; when did that change xD

In any case, what I see happennng is a -2sec clock pushback on your /kill. So killing at 1/25 will set you to spawn in 3 seconds (so at 23 of the next wave)

Also, 0/25 lasts too seconds, similarly to QW. So instead of clock going 3,2,1,0,25 it goes 3,2,1,0,0,24.

Don’t see how that would affect killing someone at 21, they shoudn’t be able to instaspawn unless it was a bug. Alternatively they killed out at their ‘second 0’, had a 2 sec spawnwave (from the pushback), and spawned at 21, making you think that they were skipping over the wave for 4 seconds!

Could it be that going /kill after you’ve been fragged, would allow you to catch a wave you would have otherwise missed?

Regardless, after finally getting through what you were getting at Spooky, sure I agree:

• force spawns on SW
  • make 0 last 1 second, instead of 2
  • don’t touch spawnwave time after /kill

(Mustang) #11

It’s never going it happen, and a good thing too, I much prefer having the option to wait a bit longer for revive or tap-out when I feel like after a spawn wave, you’re already punished by losing the time you spend waiting for revive and having to catch-up the rest of your team if you do take the respawn.

Although as Szakalot said, it’s pretty rare you wouldn’t just respawn as soon as possible anyway.

If you’re able to respawn instantly after being killed at 24/23 then it’s a bug, however if you were killed before the spawnwave, waited 5 or more seconds then respawned it’s not a bug.

Maybe show a video example of this “problem” because I’ve never experienced it.

(Glottis-3D) #12

the forgiving window is too much.
is it around 2-3 seconds after 24 mark?
but it is vey forgiving for 1v1 looser and very punishing for a 1v1 winner.

(montheponies) #13

Fundamentally that breaks the spawnwave - even if it’s just 4 or 5s later. The decision on whether or not to tap out used to be one that had to be made in a split second, now it’s a casual wait and see affair with no real penalty. Really dont see how that’s an improvement, other than dare i say it to make it more ‘friendly’ to new players.

There should be no grace period (other than what is necessary to ensure server sync, so sub 1s), especially in MM/ranked play.

(Szakalot) #14

[QUOTE=montheponies;529096]Fundamentally that breaks the spawnwave - even if it’s just 4 or 5s later. The decision on whether or not to tap out used to be one that had to be made in a split second, now it’s a casual wait and see affair with no real penalty. Really dont see how that’s an improvement, other than dare i say it to make it more ‘friendly’ to new players.

There should be no grace period (other than what is necessary to ensure server sync, so sub 1s), especially in MM/ranked play.[/QUOTE]

I think it can stay in casual; to encourage teamplay and reviving. Agree though that it has little space in SW/Comp. Esp. considering how annoying medic trains are already.

(spookify) #15

[QUOTE=Szakalot;529070]So I went and checked whats up.

Yes, its not 30 but 25, lol; when did that change xD

In any case, what I see happennng is a -2sec clock pushback on your /kill. So killing at 1/25 will set you to spawn in 3 seconds (so at 23 of the next wave)

Also, 0/25 lasts too seconds, similarly to QW. So instead of clock going 3,2,1,0,25 it goes 3,2,1,0,0,24.

Don’t see how that would affect killing someone at 21, they shoudn’t be able to instaspawn unless it was a bug. Alternatively they killed out at their ‘second 0’, had a 2 sec spawnwave (from the pushback), and spawned at 21, making you think that they were skipping over the wave for 4 seconds!

Could it be that going /kill after you’ve been fragged, would allow you to catch a wave you would have otherwise missed?

Regardless, after finally getting through what you were getting at Spooky, sure I agree:

• force spawns on SW
  • make 0 last 1 second, instead of 2
  • don’t touch spawnwave time after /kill[/QUOTE]

Thanks bud and sorry for my comments i had a bit to drink and travel was a little stressed.

(Szakalot) #16

I was in the wrong mate! : ) We never disagreed in the first place!