Crosshair off-center

(Rémy Cabresin) #1

So this has been a thing for a while, and for some people(I can understand) this will seems like ‘unnecessary-whining’ but to a lot of people this can also be off putting. But the Crosshair isn’t in the exact center of the screen/HUD. It seems to at least be the same for all resolutions(assuming because it’s related to your HUD res opposed to ingame res which is a good thing for consistency) but to people who care about precision those couple of pixels can be quite off putting, especially on longer ranges where small movements matter a lot. Since I wasn’t able to find x/y commands for crosshair location I wonder if anyone knows them and if they aren’t there if they can be implemented or at least the crosshair can be in the exact center.

Some screenshots of crosshair been off center, using both ShowHUDCenter and ShowHUDGrid. Both with the same crosshair size and settings.

(4:3. 1024x768)

(16:9 1280x720)

(4:3 1024x768 Sniper zoom for those who care)

(Mustang) #2

The crosshair looks in the centre to me.

The grid however doesn’t stretch correctly to a complete number of squares so of course this will not match the crosshair position.

(fubar) #3

[QUOTE=Mustang;528638]The crosshair looks in the centre to me.

The grid however doesn’t stretch correctly to a complete number of squares so of course this will not match the crosshair position.[/QUOTE]

Ignore the grid.

(Rémy Cabresin) #4

[QUOTE=Mustang;528638]The crosshair looks in the centre to me.

The grid however doesn’t stretch correctly to a complete number of squares so of course this will not match the crosshair position.[/QUOTE]

The placement of the grid doesn’t change when you change the resolution ingame, it just adds more squares to the right and bottom sides(the crosshair never aligns with the white/blue lines, regardless of resolution thats why I added the grid). From that the grid seems to just be a set thing indeed but the Red ShowHUDCentre(the red lines) always show the same position being the center regardless of resolution. From the red line the crosshair is always a couple of pixels off.

(Mustang) #5

Ah gotcha, didn’t even see the red lines before, was too busy trying to work out the grid spacing. :smiley: