Audio Issues

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all,

Since the last update we have had a lot of feedback in regards to audio problems within the game. In order to help us resolve these issues, if you come across the audio problem in game can you record some video of it and post a link in this thread? This way we can more easily identify the problems and fix them quicker.

If you are unable to supply video, can you detail us with the following information;

[ul]
[li]Which maps you have seen it on?[/li][li]Is it throughout the map or just inside buildings/corridors?[/li][/ul]
Thank you!

shoe.

(Deadie) #2

I keep getting the “air” sound of Rhino’s minigun constantly playing, even when i’m not playing Rhino. Seems to happen after respawning.

(Szakalot) #3

also applies to defibrillators, ‘menu ping sound’ and sparks revive gun. If you happen to be specing one of those characters, and spawn mid-sound; the sound will stay with you. If you try to spawn as soon as possible and spam ‘space’ you will hear the ‘menu ping sound’ repeat itself multiple times before stopping.

I think the fact that proximity mine ‘about to explode’ sound plays even after the mine has already exploded - but you’ve reached its vicinity in 1-2seconds - falls into the category of all those laggy sounds.

(KeMoN) #4

[RANT]
I quite frequently encounter horrible audio crashes/bugs or whatever. It is hard to explain, but it sounds a bit like it is lagging in slow motion, basically a clusterfuck of mechanical noices.
In my chapel match just now it got to the point where it was so bad that I set the master volume of the game to complete 0 and you can believe me playing with NO sounds (hit sounds, teammates calling, alerts, etc) is more bearable than playing in the shitstorm that would normally rape my ears.
[/RANT]

To my knowledge it isn’t related to specific maps. I’m playing Proxy basically always, so if it should be related to a merc than it probably is her.
Unfortunately I can’t tell you in what situations these start out. The problem is that I got rather used to playing with that lagging slow-motion sound.

I just remembered, it started once when I alt-tapped to windows to go to the next Spotify song and I remember it normalized itself after around 30s and when I alt-tapped again out of curiosity it happened again.
I will try to gather more intel for you.

Cheers

EDIT: It appears to be when a lot of sounds should be played, for example when airtstrikes get combined with heavy fire, some nades etc.

(spookify) #5

Bridge Second Spawn for Defenders was Bad (Right as you run up the stairs, all flights)

Seems like Underground and Bridge and some other maps when you start or transition from a tunnel to the outside or the other way around the sound stays with you and distance sound then also sound like you are in a trash can.

Sorry I cant give more into I turned my headphones off and played with low speaker sound.

(poiuasd) #6

I don’t know if it’s just me but it feels like there is a lot more silent airstrikes (can’t hear the plane coming in etc.) after the last patch.

(Billy_Hologram) #7

Hi folks,

It seems that the DB system of determining what size space you are in and playing appropriate sounds with the correct reverb has got some issues. Really sorry this is causing problems. We are working on a fix and will roll it out as soon as we can.

Cheers

(dIaBol0s) #8

[video]https://youtu.be/sVyn8VS0EjQ[/video]

(Mustang) #9

Nice video, but sadly not the sort of audio problems this thread was meant to be about.

(Neo_TA) #10

• white chapel at the MG up the ramp
  • this audio bug happens when u stand at 1 all the background sounds disappear

also if u stand inside 2 its very hard to hit a person camping there

(shibbyuk) #11

Well it is still a beta, so no worries! Managed to figure out the solution yet?

(Loki.) #12

Bridge and Chapel… Really stuck out for me.
Just started over the weekend.
Hard to say when and where, it was random.
The sound would ‘degrade’ and ultimately just go out for a few seconds and then return to normal.

Thought it was my headset, played another game without issue.

(alphabeta) #13

Still having persistent sounds after death. I die and whatever sound was playing persists until I respawn.

(alphabeta) #14

Among audio issues: at mid-game in stopwatch the objectives announcement starts with the previous (say attacking) objective, then switches to your actual second objective of defense.

(UnaSalusVictus) #15

any chance we could get the option to test the alsound option instead of xaudio? i have found at times, that switching this in UE based games(to one or the other) fixes audio issues at times.(hit and miss but…sometimes it works)

just a suggestion, NGS apparently dosnt like it when i do that via the config files and the game crashes before fully launching.

i get audio cracking in both the game and other apps when db is running currently, but, i dont in several other UE based games i play, so there something wonky with the current audio implementation.

note: i have tested xonar dx and realtek onboard audio and both suffer from this problem…went back to realtek because, unlike asus/cmedia, realtek actually update their drivers often and do a good job fixing bugs…cmedia…though i love their drivers/sound…do not update and bug fix worth a damn anymore…havent for years…its really sad…

i have lost sound fully a couple times requiring the game to be restarted to get it back(but only game sound…funny enough)

my system specs incase they may help
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/zQnEUmV2X2MHcuuYEVAZ31p