Game running like ass since last patch?

(PixelTwitch) #1

Hey guys,

Suffering really bad when it comes to stuttering constantly since the latest patch.
Anyone else having the same problems?

(spookify) #2

Yes me!
Almost unplayable

(poiuasd) #3

Nope works just like it used to on my end.

(ragnak) #4

I would even dare to say that its better for me now fps wise, but its laggy and sound is annoying (as it always was) so yea, still hard to enjoy the game 8D.

(spookify) #5

Players are glitchy and wrappy. Its very hard to get a fluid mouse track on people

(PixelTwitch) #6

can you explain what you mean by laggy?

I mean for me FPS number is not a problem… I can hold 120+ at all times…
Its just micro stutters where a frame takes longer to render then normal. Makes mouse feel choppy and inconstant.

New patch with better performance, so I tried low cfg again. Looks good with more FPS.

But.

DB froze 2 times, and 1 time DB froze whole PC with stock low config.

DB havent frozen whole PC for months.

Back to potato CFG which doesnt freeze.

(Zenity) #8

Yes I got a bit frustrated at some point. Checked FPS but everything was OK. It didn’t feel ok though. I didn’t think too much of it, but now that you mention it it makes me wonder.

(ragnak) #9

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;528411]can you explain what you mean by laggy?

I mean for me FPS number is not a problem… I can hold 120+ at all times…
Its just micro stutters where a frame takes longer to render then normal. Makes mouse feel choppy and inconstant.[/QUOTE]

As if i had 200+ ping at times but it feels kinda strange, seeing that servers are crashing left and right i wouldnt be suprised that something went wrong with servers. Game is smoother for me otherwise or it feels this way because animations are less jerky, either way i had no problems with smoothness, to my suprise. I have gtx 770 with i5 3550.

(Neo_TA) #10

i only get stuttering when windows update is doing annoying **** or steam is downloading game patches other than that 60fps

(Protekt1) #11

I didn’t have any issues with performance tonight.

(matsy) #12

I played for two hours last night with no FPS issues. I’m getting the best performance I ever have! Especially on Trainyard / Chapel!

The only issue I am facing is the sound, where it is really echoey, and in some instances with a lot of noises going on it is unbearable, and the sounds start to lag while the rest of the game is fine…

(PixelTwitch) #13

lol yea the game has got some of the worst sound of any fps games I have played. even the music has a hum to it that downs out other sounds. hopefully when they take on a sound dude it will improve.

(Chris Mullins) #14

Hey all,

Thanks for letting us know. I’ve passed this on to the devs and we’re investigating whats the cause of these. When I know more info I will update you.

shoe.

(DarkangelUK) #15

Ran fine for me, I made 0 changes after the patch was applied.

(Kroad) #16

im still getting constant 150-200fps but i am noticing more stuttering (had some before too)

(BomBaKlaK) #17

I got sometimes really big lag issue during maybe 5 to 10s with 10FPS then back to normal, and sometimes it happen again …

(Hundopercent) #18

Audio sounds are extremely echoey. It’s like you are playing in a bathroom or cave. The sounds of as/artiliary are also excessively loud drowning out everything else. It may not be too bad but since there is constant spam you constantly hear it.

(Amerika) #19

If you are having issues you might want to state your basic system specs and in-game temperature (use Open Hardware Monitor) as it could help determine if a specific set of hardware or temps is causing the issue. For me, the game plays exactly like it did before if not better.

CPU: 4770k @ 4.6Ghz
GPU: GTX780
Temps: Normal for my system in game

(shibbyuk) #20

For me, performance dropped on a prior update - I think it was around the time that the execution mode patch was released. (FPS drops). I haven’t tried the latest patch just yet.

Unfortunately I don’t have any data to back this up; is there any in-game monitoring that gets sent back to SD as statistics? If not, consider that a suggestion :wink:

i7-4810MQ @ 2.8GHz - 3.8GHz
GTX 980M
32GB RAM