martyrdom

(ch3w0nth1s) #1

Why would you put this in the game? Do you hate us?

There are a lot of ascpets I hope we can mod out soon. In this video you guys talk about the gamers changing ET with a promod. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ieYBnOH1U

I hope we can soon get a way to mod the game to get rid of stuff like martyrdom, turrets, shotguns.

(AssortedStuff) #2

Martyrdom is quite easy to avoid.
As you gain more experience (I mean hours of play, not XP) and use those mercs you’ll start to enjoy those aspects of the game as well.

(BioSnark) #3

Now that it can be stopped by gib, I don’t mind it existing. Nader seems like a weak alternative to fragger. Agree that turrets are bs.

(Mustang) #4

Not even a reasoned argument?

(ch3w0nth1s) #5

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;528136]Martyrdom is quite easy to avoid.
As you gain more experience (I mean hours of play, not XP) and use those mercs you’ll start to enjoy those aspects of the game as well.[/QUOTE]

I get it’s somewhat easy to avoid unless you have to push through it in close quarters like a hallway in several of the maps.

Fair enough. I am an objective whore. I have a c4 tramp stamp and I am use to dying to everything. Proxy’s mines, turrets, people on MGS. etc. These things can be removed but for the most part you don’t waste the majority of your ammo killing/destroying the obstacle. After killing the opponent, you won and now you go to gib. If you don’t gib fast enough a nade kills you.

Amen brother. There is nothing more fun than shooting at a bot around every corner. When bushwacker was in free rotation and the servers were full of turrets in corners it was a dark time.

(DarkangelUK) #6

It’s cheesy and cheap, skill less and you shouldn’t be rewarded for being killed, even if it is just taking a little bit of health off of someone. Suicide run into a group of enemies then martyrdom to take out as many as possible, total lemming play. At the VERY least don’t allow martyrdom to be used if all her nades have been spent.

(Szakalot) #7

total lemming play indeed, and extremely counterable, it only takes one player on the ball gibbing the nader quickly.

im more surprised at the lemmings that literally run at naders bodies, shooting n trying to gib

(Violator) #8

I think I’ve died to it once since the gib rule was added - its pretty useless now.

(DarkangelUK) #9

Quote a lot of people say its useless, in that case get rid of it.

(LiNkzr) #10

Once again I see someone telling on forums to turn this game slowly into ET. Sure they are similar and I agree that there’s a lot of stuff that Dirty bomb can improve on.

Nader is useless anyways in the current state, if you are getting killed by martyrdom, look at your own play.

“I hope we can soon get a way to mod the game to get rid of stuff like martyrdom, turrets, shotguns.”
Are you sure this is the right game for you?

(Rémy Cabresin) #11

Learn to gib. Next question.

(DarkangelUK) #12

“OMG HE DOESNT LIKE A CERTAIN MECHANIC FOR REASONS STATED, HE MUST WANT ET!”

Cmon kids, you’re better than this.

(Destroy666) #13

Better than “remove martyrdom, mines, turrets, shotguns” and possibly every other weapon at least. I honestly don’t know what some people are expecting from a game which is supposed to be dynamic and more or less chaotic.

(tangoliber) #14

It’s basically just a landmine that sets on death. Like with turrets, the point of it is not to kill (outside of rare occurences), but to delay. One more thing you have to do before planting/defusing. (Gib the Nader, take out the turret, etc…then hope you still have time to plant before the defense returns.)

It also adds more variables in chaos. (Do I kill the living enemy, then gib Nader and revive teammate? Or do I gib nader, then revive teammate, then shoot at enemy? Or some other combination? You’ve got a split second to make a decision, and it may be that only one of them is correct.)

(ch3w0nth1s) #15

[QUOTE=LiNkzr;528212]
“I hope we can soon get a way to mod the game to get rid of stuff like martyrdom, turrets, shotguns.”
Are you sure this is the right game for you?[/QUOTE]

Kind of a leap there. Is it really unreasonable to want to mod a game?

It’s been in alpha/beta for years.

(LiNkzr) #16

[QUOTE=ch3w0nth1s;528236]Kind of a leap there. Is it really unreasonable to want to mod a game?

It’s been in alpha/beta for years.[/QUOTE]

I know I wasn’t very reasonable, but neither were you, if you are taking away turrets for example, why not take away all the abilities? or if you are taking away shotguns why not take away assault rifles.

(Amerika) #17

The only issue I have is knife gibbing can miss despite staring right at the body if the body is moving. The hurtbox rotates and on some models and if you looking down with your knife you might swing and miss randomly. That has caused me to blow up a couple of times when I should not have which in turn forces me to make bad faces at my monitor :hog:

(DarkangelUK) #18

People suggest removing a single ability, LiNkzr goes off the rails claiming we’re suggesting everything gets removed. Calm down dude and quit the strawman bull****.

(sunshinefats) #19

…I once even had to literally chase a body for 2-3 seconds to gib it because it was sliding along the ground lol

(yakcyll) #20

[QUOTE=DarkangelUK;528250]

People suggest removing a single ability, LiNkzr goes off the rails claiming we’re suggesting everything gets removed. Calm down dude and quit the strawman bull****.[/QUOTE]
Hardly a strawman, he has a point you’re missing. Martyrdom is a legitimate counter-action ability and while I personally hate one click wonders, I didn’t see it as a challenge to simply stop jumping in to gib a corpse. It’s funny you lot seem to not have even considered that possibility.