Concerning shoe.'s note taking @ Twitch-Dev-Sessions

(eitsch0r) #1

Hi gals’n guys!

As i just posted something concerning dev-twitch-streams with shoe. something came back to my mind.

IIRC it was shoe. who started taking notes of the stuff the ppl on twitch kept questioning about while the stream was happening. Note taking was necessary and good as so much was asked that that he could take note on what to investigate on and “report back so that nothing gets missed”

Would you mind to make some sticky out of this? This would be so nice! Also i would like to suggest that you not take notes on paper but directly have a browser session open where you take the notes in a post on this forum maybe? So that it is instantly publicly visible and gets filled with info as the info trickles in and you edit your post with answers to questions.

IMO that would be mucho great! \o/ … as else all this brainstuff which happens on the twitch-stream … more or less happens nearly in vain … or at least … it happens in the most intransparent way possible.

Just my 2 cents … thank you for your consideration!
eitsch

(eitsch0r) #2

Maybe you read it if i make you quoted this way :stuck_out_tongue:

Would be really nice to get feedback here in da forumz what happened to all your cute little note-takings over all the streamsessions? You’d totally earn my restecp … err. … i mean … you know, knick knack … for that.

wicked, aii!

P.S.: Hah, now that anti made you take note of my question/wish concerning cancelling the “server-is-full” - dialogue via pressing ESC i am even more wishful of you doing moar transparent note-taking-stuffs here :stroggbanana:

greetings
H

(Amerika) #3

I work in R&D in software development and we are an agile company and we use things like Rally and Kanban to work on projects in sprints. We sometimes have retrospectives where the team lead/pm takes notes about anything the rest of the team found could be done better, or that they liked or ideas for the future. At some point last year I asked ours where he puts all of those notes (they went on to stickies) and if they were organized. He said he mostly just rolls them up and smokes them like a giant cigar every few sprints. He was joking but I every time I think of Shoe taking notes I laugh a bit and think of him smoking them like a cigar while giving all of us the middle finger :slight_smile:

(Ashog) #4

Well, sadly half of the bugs he noted aren’t fixed yet, so maybe he smokes only half of the stickies :slight_smile:

Also he didn’t add me on steam :frowning:

(stealth6) #5

(eitsch0r) #6

please excuse my shortenings … your story is brilliant :smiley:

tbh: shoe. said something in one of the latest streams which goes in the direction of “at first i thought: wow these first weeks of my job are really intense and this will be calming down soon ™ … and i realized it is months later and everything got even more intense :eek:”

so i understand that it might be perceived as another burden … but … prettyplease? :slight_smile: it would be really nice to get something referencable concerning things talked about on the otherwise rather non-commital stream-chatty-notetaking (which might be even smokable, who knows)

this is also very cute … i will take the liberty and post it unto the next twitch-chat when the stream is on and he is totally taking notes again :stuck_out_tongue:

(Ashog) #7

Hehe, he totally has still one big task to accomplish - update the SD people page (current status - pre-Brink times)!

A promise is a promise :smiley:

(Chris Mullins) #8

You certainly know how to get my attention :wink: haha

We have talked about listing down all of the issues that have come up on stream in the forums, but as there are a lot of points managing them in that way could be difficult. I assure you they do get fed back to the Devs, and often there are Devs in stream that pick up on these points directly from you guys.

Maybe if we did do a forum post just with the stream points so you guys know what has been raised so we can keep an eye on things, but we can’t for now guarantee when fixes for them all will be done as there is a lot of work currently in progress.

shoe.

(BioSnark) #9

Doing a community hot topics for stuff getting raised often by players in forums/stream/newfangled social medias or a dev hot topics for same but in the office might make the community feel less disconnected or less unclear if anything’s getting through. Might also make people unhappy if there topic isn’t included. Who knows.

(eitsch0r) #10

HAH! It worked

[QUOTE=shoe.;532028]We have talked about listing down all of the issues that have come up on stream in the forums, but as there are a lot of points managing them in that way could be difficult. I assure you they do get fed back to the Devs, and often there are Devs in stream that pick up on these points directly from you guys.[/QUOTE]i am totally sure that you will do your very best to try to get everything that floats by on that weeny tiny twitch-chat-stream that scrolls oh so quick with all these raffleshnaffles hasting by. As i wrote before already i, too, realize that managing this takes another bit of time which will need to be made room for. And most times finding the time is the hardest constraint, sadly.

[QUOTE=shoe.;532028]Maybe if we did do a forum post just with the stream points so you guys know what has been raised so we can keep an eye on things, but we can’t for now guarantee when fixes for them all will be done as there is a lot of work currently in progress.

shoe.[/QUOTE] that would be awesome … and quite exactly the thing i was thinking / writing about all the time. most effective in my opinion would be if you would not use a piece of paper to take note on but instead just open up a new post at the start of the streaming-session and then just put all of these notes into it that you until now put unto that piece of paper. In this post you could also list the persons accompanying (or replacing ;)) you as streamers and any viable info you deem worthy.

For sure you will have the obvious internal bugtracker. If a bulletpointed note of a dev-stream relates / leads to a bug you could insert the backlink to the thread from where the “noted thing” came up so that when the bugs are closed (either done or wontfix or wtfgetouttaherewiththisrocketscience, does not matter) you can “strike through” that line in the bulletpoints by following that backlink back into the forums.

I hope i was able to describe well what i see as the MVP (minimal viable process :D) for keeping these things transparent without too much of a hassle.

Anyways … keep up the good works! (And learn to snipe … you missed wayyy too many shots on that underground map against NX, huehuehue). But you did well nevertheless, mesa just picking on you!

Greetings
H

(Chris Mullins) #11

Added ^^ <3

(DarkangelUK) #12

Add me too, was quite enjoying the Shoe revive train last night. Steam username is Promethean

(Ashog) #13

Me surprised nao!

:stroggbanana::stroggtapir::penguin:

(cygni) #14

Great idea. I’d love to have the stream notes publicly available on the forums.