Kickvote

(Humbugsen) #1

Make this easier please… I just came across an obvious cheater and it was impossible to get him kicked.
Votes don’t appear for you when you’re dead and too much votes needed.
Also should be able to start a kickvote for enemies. Seems like people don’t care if there is a hacker in their team, as long as they win.

(Bloodbite) #2

it’s not that people don’t care, it’s that people don’t see it (the hack)… and hopefully people aren’t kick happy either.

Conversely, someone called 2 back to back kick votes for me… never found out why they wanted me gone. May have been because I spotted a floating speed hack the previous match? The hacker stopped in front of me quick enough for me to see them, but not catch their name at a glance… so I can’t confirm if the kicker was also the voter.

(Humbugsen) #3

[QUOTE=Bloodbite;527924]it’s not that people don’t care, it’s that people don’t see it (the hack)… and hopefully people aren’t kick happy either.

Conversely, someone called 2 back to back kick votes for me… never found out why they wanted me gone. May have been because I spotted a floating speed hack the previous match? The hacker stopped in front of me quick enough for me to see them, but not catch their name at a glance… so I can’t confirm if the kicker was also the voter.[/QUOTE]

Well, it was really obvious that he is cheating, he even admitted it and I told everyone in the chat. After 10 minutes of trying to get him kicked, I had to leave the server myself… really frustrating

(Violator) #4

Votes in general don’t seem to work, all they seem to do is stop you changing weapons for 10 seconds… I’ve seen 7-0 for a skill shuffle (in a 4v4) and its still not enough.

(Bloodbite) #5

Today I also noticed (after making my last post) various people saying they just don’t notice it because it pops up in the corner, and I’d have to strongly agree with that.

There has to be a way to bring the vote up noticeably somewhere in a centered and large-ish size without obstructing player activity.

(sunshinefats) #6

Yeah the current voting system pretty much sucks. I ran into 3 different cheaters tonight and none of them got kicked. A lot of the time their own team don’t even realize it…it’s usually the people on the receiving end of the aimbot that notice it first…so you’re left with telling everyone and hoping they notice your chat or hear your voice over the ruckus, then pray they actually call a vote on it, then watch as they don’t get enough votes and the cheater continues to single handedly destroy your team. One of them tonight was jumping servers(because pretty much everyone would quit the one he was on) and I ran into him on 3 different servers. He didn’t get kicked on any of them.
Something else to consider is that most of these guys are using the same cheats that have been around for quite some time, meaning all that’s being done is to ban their accounts and nothing is being done to actually patch the holes the cheats are using and/or block them better. If that isn’t enough insult to injury, the devs closed the last thread where we discussed it by basically saying “go tell nexon.” That gives me the impression that the devs themselves are not overly concerned about it(contrary to what they like to claim). But maybe I’m just being especially jaded tonight since I had such a bad experience.

(Humbugsen) #7

[QUOTE=Bloodbite;527939]Today I also noticed (after making my last post) various people saying they just don’t notice it because it pops up in the corner, and I’d have to strongly agree with that.

There has to be a way to bring the vote up noticeably somewhere in a centered and large-ish size without obstructing player activity.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it could fade in really big in the middle of the screen and then move to the side and get smaller.
Or the other way, fade in small at the edge and get bigger and bigger over time, until you vote.

Today I’ve met 2 cheaters in 1 game, really seems to be out of control at the moment, we all had to leave the game. :frowning:

(Szakalot) #8

nr1 way i notice a vote is up is cause I can’t switch my weapon.

Sometimes the vote isn’t even visible,and I still can’t switch my weapon, I have to vote in that imaginary vote to be able to play again.

(Violator) #9

Had a cheater just now and attempting to vote kick it didn’t seem to do anything :frowning: It was pretty useless though (as most cheats are) and eventually quit.

(matsy) #10

From playing a lot of stopwatch recently the teams tend to be unfair, usually AFKs, etc.

It is frustrating trying to get rid of afk players as the votes never go through!

(AssortedStuff) #11

Also had problems with cheaters lately. The current kickvote system at the moment definitely needs improvement.
I can only hope it is in the high priority list of things to do, as it is becoming annoyingly frequent lately…

(Rex) #12

Has anyone of you guys seen a kick vote pass? I haven’t yet…

(ch3w0nth1s) #13

We finally got to vote kick this cheater on our team! Holy hell. It only took us 5 tries because we can’t see it when we are dead or it’s tiny in the corner and don’t notice it when you are playing.

(Glottis-3D) #14

yes i did. we kicked a cheater

(Ecano) #15

Easy, just leave the server and report to Nexon and Steam.

Edit: I’ve been kicked twice, don’t know if due to a votation or something else

(AssortedStuff) #16

That’s a good point. It should be clearly communicated to the player, if it happens.

(Humbugsen) #17

how much people where needed for the vote to pass?

met another cheater today, again didn’t pass :frowning:

(Glottis-3D) #18

[QUOTE=Humbugsen;527983]how much people where needed for the vote to pass?

met another cheater today, again didn’t pass :([/QUOTE]
not sure, but seemed like 4v2 (had to switch teams and start several votes and make some chat posts to get it done)

(Amerika) #19

Yup. I know where the vote is located but I sometimes miss it myself. It needs to be more prominent and it needs to not affect the game like it does.

(Chux) #20

Implement a good sound notification for votes, like the bell sound ET had. That should get their attention. I myself also just fail to notice there is a vote in progress. Also, font/color is not visible enough.