Nade Spam

(Szakalot) #1

With Nader in free rotation it is pretty obvious now that 8v8 can’t handle cooldowns as they are. 4 naders in a team is a constant nade fiesta. Balanced you say? they have less medics you say?

Doesn’t matter, the issue at hand is how LITTLE FUN IT IS TO PLAY AGAINST. Same is true for 4 Auras (constant healing bunkers); 4 Skyhammers on EV ; 4 Fraggers ; 4 Proxys , etc.

I’m saying this as someone who mained Nader since she was (re)released, please nerf cooldowns on multiples of same mercs in team.

(meat) #2

ha I was on a team with 7 naders a few minutes ago. The only one with out her didn’t have her on his squad.

Going to be some serious nade spam for the next few days while everyone who hasn’t tried her out before gets into the Nade frenzy!

I don’t think they can nerf the cooldown until the next patch by them she will probably come out of free rotation.

(Runeforce) #3

//youtu.be/eBlD2N_AwgI

(poiuasd) #4

That would be a kneejerk and a half.

Remember when Bushwhacker entered the rotation? The turret spam calmed down after a day or two.

(Szakalot) #5

[QUOTE=poiuasd;527613]That would be a kneejerk and a half.

Remember when Bushwhacker entered the rotation? The turret spam calmed down after a day or two.[/QUOTE]

I’m not talking big nerfs, but something like +5% cooldowns for each new merc would be welcome on those 8V8 servers. I’m mostly whining about 8v8.

(BioSnark) #6

The main problem I see with this solution is that people working with limited mercs in their lineup don’t have a great deal of choice so the free/rotation mercs are always going to be weaker in non min level restricted servers.

(ragnak) #7

i dont play 8v8 because its a derp fest anyway but i rather play against 8 naders than 4 fraggers. 8D.

(montheponies) #8

funnily enough it’s rare that i see more than 2 fraggers in a team…

(Amerika) #9

Yeah, DB is basically TF2 right now.

(yakcyll) #10

DB doesn’t have swords and shields yet.

(Szakalot) #11

there are mercs in design including both a sword and a shield. Separate mercs though.

(Zenity) #12

What if there were four assaults which can spam grenades, how would that solution fix that? It just doesn’t seem to scale very well.

Frankly I just don’t see this as a problem on pubs. Maybe I’m just lucky, but I have yet to get into any situation where the spam felt unbearable. Even when there were eight Skyhammers on one team. And even with Nader in the free rotation I don’t notice that much grenade spam, though when it happens I actually kind of enjoy dodging the grenades (for a change).

For competition, we can come up with smarter limitations. IMO the most straight-forward minimal limitation would be only one Assault per team. Whether we play with unique merc rules or not, this would ensure that Assault spam is not getting out of hand and also force teams to play with four utility classes.

(Szakalot) #13

can we not use the term ‘assault’? I don’t know where it comes from but lets keep ti wtih SDs:

• soldier
  • medic
  • engy
  • fop (field ops/ fire support)
  • cov (covert ops / recon)

(Zenity) #14

[QUOTE=Szakalot;527842]can we not use the term ‘assault’? I don’t know where it comes from but lets keep ti wtih SDs:

• soldier
  • medic
  • engy
  • fop (field ops/ fire support)
  • cov (covert ops / recon)[/QUOTE]

I don’t know where it came from, but I thought it was established that the “official” terms for the classes right now are Assault (old Soldier), Medic, Engineer, Recon (old Covert Ops) and Fire Support (old Field Ops). These terms are used here for example.

“Soldier” wouldn’t make sense anyway, since they are all mercenaries.

(Glottis-3D) #15

nia-nia nia-nia-nia
Szaka got too o-old

:slight_smile:

(BomBaKlaK) #16

Nader + Skyhammer + all the player using fragger it’s maximum spam fest !

(Protekt1) #17

[QUOTE=Szakalot;527842]can we not use the term ‘assault’? I don’t know where it comes from but lets keep ti wtih SDs:

- soldier

• medic
  • engy
    - fop (field ops/ fire support)
    - cov (covert ops / recon)[/QUOTE]

I think you might have gone a little bit senile since those are the names they’ve used in other games, like ET, but never in DB.

(Szakalot) #18

I think you might have gone a little hateful, as this was a remark used by other hateful people, but never by normal people ; )

(Protekt1) #19

If being a little hateful is wrong, I don’t want to be right. :stroggtapir:

(Mustang) #20

Sorry to step into the little debacle that’s going on, just thought I’d give my recollection of events.

The way I remember it Assault and Recon were the names devs used when first going public with this stuff, although a lot of closed alpha players still reverted to Soldier and Covert Ops because that’s what they are used to from previous games. It also didn’t help that the config files also refer to them as Soldier and Covert Ops…

Much in the same way Canary Wharf in config is Underground in-game, Victoria in config is Terminal in-game, White Chapel in config is Chapel in-game, etc.

However after the initial classes were talking about publicly it was decided to rejig things into roles, essentially to allow for many more playstyles and so mercs could be more unique by each one consisting of a different bucket of roles, i.e. the key difference between classes and roles is that there are many more roles than classes and each merc can consist of several different roles rather than just a single class.

The problem is the UI was never updated with any mention of a mercs roles and mercs weren’t reworked to be more unique than before, essentially still meaning that they can all still be pigeonholed into classes which only added to the confusion, either go with classes or roles, not halfway in-between.

Now I hope this is just a slow turning frigate, and eventually each merc will be completely unique and each one will be unable to be designated a 1 out of 5 class, but instead it’s 3, 4 or 5 roles will be pretty clear to everyone.

TL;DR
Soldier and Engineer are definitely wrong because they are classes which are (should have already) being phased out, Assault might actually be correct, if it’s the name of one of the new roles (I can’t remember what they are right now)… you get the picture, no classes, only roles, learn to adapt to change.