DirtyCups Final

(Chris Mullins) #1

The Grand Finals of the Dirty Bomb​ DirtyCups will be starting shortly. Check it out for some awesome hardcore gaming action!

shoe.

(chickenNwaffles) #2

Can 3rd place winners get super cool custom skins? :smiley:

In cs:go they get in game badges next to their names from tournaments.

I would kill for a super cool Vassili skin…

(Szakalot) #3

Good tournament, gratz to winners!

Some impressions:

• fragger’s nades made the game into a TDM, very rarely did it feel like a better positioned team won the particular firefight. Looked like it all came down to who got the opening nade frags (and the nade-followups). Looking forward to the nerf that IS gonna happen, be it now, a month from now; or half a year.

• many stages in the game were fullholdy as heck, but thats probably due to symmetrical spawns (attacker’s decide when to push in SW, and you can’t decide to push right after the defence’s spawnwave, cause its yours too): the finale game? SW should never be about 'can this team blow this last obj in the remaining 10min? Not that exciting to watch : (

Some things I’d like to see added/changed in spectator mode:

• Can we sync up the client’s aim with what they see? either way?
  • more HUD of the player projected to the viewer: Ammo?, getting hit? hitting? (hitsounds)
  • can we go away from the yellow&violet colours? its freaking ugly, I’d much rather just stick to ‘blue team always attacks, red team always defends’ within the spectator mode
  • clearer indicator of which player is being spectated

(ragnak) #4

So, is it enough to nerf fragger or we still wait for echo? Every team running with 2-3 fraggers all the time (while having pocket healer) wasnt exactly super fun, especially that one unavoidable nade could win you a game + it was a bit sad when the only time anyone picked skyhammer was to throw an airstrike and change back to fragger (or rather, to any other class as fraggers didnt change classes a lot 8D) =/.

(Szakalot) #5

Aye, the primary weakness of slayer’s is supposed to be mobility, but if your level of mobility means you can instagib anyone in your sight; without a counter, well then thats plenty of mobility : P

Fragger + Sawbonez remind me of this:

(Rémy Cabresin) #6

Was a great cup for a first event with decent coverage. As a player(for dMon/sick6) I felt like the games were pretty balanced to be honest. There weren’t any ‘that **** is just OP’ moments from my POV.

The only thing that I think has to be fixed is some stages that feel very ‘vulnerable’ to fullholds, best example being the first stage of Terminal. Attacking is just repetitively getting meat-grinded in the chokepoints until you manage to get a solid couple of kills in and defending simply feels too easy, you’re never out of control even if you lose the forward spawn.

Also please fix the buggy nades, I don’t think they are overpowered imo but they get stuck on the most random **** or teammates sometimes, explode instantly in your hand or don’t explode at all (vs INI olbaa threw a nade that landed on the floor and just stayed there and never exploded xD, was on stream)

Apart from those thing I think the cup showed that there is still a meta developing, we ran some triple medic strats that worked out and other teams had interesting setups at times as-well. dMon looking forward to next cup! :smiley:

(ragnak) #7

Most teams had 3 medics + 2 fraggers or 3 fraggers + 2 medics, unless they needed an engi, to throw that single airstrike on ev or when someone took a vassili (which is also funny seeing how many people called him unviable and i saw at least 2 rounds that were won because of the sniper, so UP ), interesting **** indeed.

Lets totally forget that there wasnt a single team that had skyhammer for more than few minutes, how there wasnt even a single arty, how there was only 1 person that played bushwhacker, how no one could use aura for **** because fraggers hard counter her or how someone took nader for like 3 respawns then reverted to fragger. SO BALANCED.

(Szakalot) #8

[QUOTE=adeto;527253]Was a great cup for a first event with decent coverage. As a player(for dMon/sick6) I felt like the games were pretty balanced to be honest. There weren’t any ‘that **** is just OP’ moments from my POV.

The only thing that I think has to be fixed is some stages that feel very ‘vulnerable’ to fullholds, best example being the first stage of Terminal. Attacking is just repetitively getting meat-grinded in the chokepoints until you manage to get a solid couple of kills in and defending simply feels too easy, you’re never out of control even if you lose the forward spawn.

Also please fix the buggy nades, I don’t think they are overpowered imo but they get stuck on the most random **** or teammates sometimes, explode instantly in your hand or don’t explode at all (vs INI olbaa threw a nade that landed on the floor and just stayed there and never exploded xD, was on stream)

Apart from those thing I think the cup showed that there is still a meta developing, we ran some triple medic strats that worked out and other teams had interesting setups at times as-well. dMon looking forward to next cup! :D[/QUOTE]

Like I said, not synced up spawns between the two teams allows the attacker’s to pick the moment of offensive, forcing defence to either fall back or die for 30sec

(chickenNwaffles) #9

[QUOTE=ragnak;527254]Most teams had 3 medics + 2 fraggers or 3 fraggers + 2 medics, unless they needed an engi, to throw that single airstrike on ev or when someone took a vassili (which is also funny seeing how many people called him unviable and i saw at least 2 rounds that were won because of the sniper, so UP ), interesting **** indeed.

Lets totally forget that there wasnt a single team that had skyhammer for more than few minutes, how there wasnt even a single arty, how there was only 1 person that played bushwhacker, how no one could use aura for **** because fraggers hard counter her or how someone took nader for like 3 respawns then reverted to fragger. SO BALANCED.[/QUOTE]

Vassili is useless, because most people are useless with Vassili.

That and some maps are just terrible for him. He is very hit or miss right now.

(spookify) #10

Great cup guys

(Rémy Cabresin) #11

meh this goes both ways tbh, right now you could argue that both teams have just as much influence on spawnpushing. Defending team can literally cripple the attacking team into a broken wheelchair if they use the spawntime wisely. It just looks more attacking favored from an outside view the impact of a fullspawn on the defending team looks more impactful on the game because objectives get completed. But the other side is that if the spawns are not synced like they are now is that it adds a new strategic element, but as soon as that element gets figured out the chances of it being abused even harder is very likely if the implementation isn’t done right. ETPro’s spawn cycle system was great, but also very flawed(and could even make or break matches) if the RNG just happened to **** you over.

(Szakalot) #12

Fine, I’m not contesting other reasons why maps are fullholdy (only one plant allowed, no trickplants, 50 seconds fuse ; or whatever choke you like to camp),
but a staggered spawn system would be very welcome. Even if its always 15seconds, I don’t mind the defence pushing out to stall attacks/punish regrouping. I’d welcome any reason for defence to have to push out, rather than camp chokes.

(spookify) #13

Who won? Where’s the standings?

(twidAJ) #14
  1. v586
  2. dMon (sick6)
  3. .initialize
  4. Space Vikings

I’m not sure if Space Vikings played their last two games (semifinal and bronze game), because it shows 1-0 score on the bracket for those games. Bracket with all of the results: http://challonge.com/dc_test_1

(spookify) #15

[QUOTE=twidAJ;527290]1. v586
2. dMon (sick6)
3. .initialize
4. Space Vikings

I’m not sure if Space Vikings played their last two games (semifinal and bronze game), because it shows 1-0 score on the bracket for those games. Bracket with all of the results: http://challonge.com/dc_test_1[/QUOTE]

Very Cool! Thanks!

I am not sure if Space Vikings played or not. I was a ringer for them vs F8 but had to leave after the match.

Huge Shoutout to Pixel, Inferno and oen!! They rocked the casts! Very fun to listen too! Nice work to everyone else involved as well!!