Support XP for Sawbonez

(Rémy Cabresin) #1

So I don’t know if this is just me thinking this is ‘odd’, but Sawbonez feels like he gets a lot less support XP compared to the rest, especially Skyhammer. Especially during the Waterboy daily, it’s simply quicker/easier to play Skyhammer and throw packs around as they by default give 65XP if an teammate picks them up, 95XP if direct hit and like 120XP for a teammate whoms ammo is completely depleted(not sure on this one, but it shows 120XP every now and found this to be the reason). Sawbonez on the other hand gets 5XP for throwing a pack + the amount of XP healed from that pack. Which can be any number as small as 1. Rather than the 60XP by default that Skyhammer gets for hitting a pack. Aura doesn’t feel as ‘unrewarding’ because her station continuously heals if in it so the amount of ‘XP for x amount healed’ seems to be a lot more than Sawbonez receives. But both the real support classes, seem to be less rewarding when it comes to Support XP (I see Skyhammer as an assault first, support 2nd’). You can’t revive and heal people all the time(they need to die first), but ammo is always needed and makes it so much easier to ‘grind’ support XP with.

I don’t know if this is possible to see if ECHO confirms my ‘feels’ :D, but if so is it possible to give Sawbonez a default amount of XP for a picked up pack rather than only the ‘XP for x amount healed’?

ps: I mostly play Sawbonez in comp and pub, and I don’t feel like hes unbalanced at all hes one of the best balanced mercs out there at and ill still play him the most if this doesnt change :P. But everytime I get Waterboy I can feel myself getting annoyed that playing Skyhammer is more ‘Support XP rewarding’ than the medics(which imo are the real support classes).

(Szakalot) #2

they buffed the XP from ammo to 60xp per ammo pack, so you can get like 180xp per pack.

this is because nooob skyhammers dont give out ammo, so high XP is supposed to be the motivation.

(Rémy Cabresin) #3

[QUOTE=Szakalot;527171]they buffed the XP from ammo to 60xp per ammo pack, so you can get like 180xp per pack.

this is because nooob skyhammers dont give out ammo, so high XP is supposed to be the motivation.[/QUOTE]

I know, but it shifted support dailies from support roles/mercs to just throwing ammo packs for the whole game.

(tokamak) #4

Wouldnt it be cool if the xp reward was based on the xp generated by firing that ammo? IE you get 50% of the xp that the player acquired by firing your ammo pack at the enemy.

Same goes for healing. Small reward for revive or heal, 50% of the xp that someone acquired for a period after that heal or revive.

Would be more merit based and it would discourage statpadding.

Or heroes of the storm style. All xp gathered is distributed among the team. If you want to farm xp then you better make sure your entire team is functioning. Selfish deciscions won’t get you anywhere.

More elegant come to think of it… HotS still celebrates xp acquired per player as a score, but the reward is split. The entire team receives the same amount of xp from one match.