[Graphics request] Moving clouds

Removed

(PixelTwitch) #2

haha I think you have just managed to convince the developers to not bother making moving clouds…

The simple fact that you do not know if it has them or not means if it did, you would not have noticed and thus not really effected the atmosphere :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Removed

(kyuto9) #4

[QUOTE=JBRAA;527123]I use low settings. I see static “background sphere clouds” / stati fake clouds which I dont like much. In Quake 3 I like those moving clouds on those maps that have them activated, even if they are aged, the visuals of moving clouds is looking very nice. I prefer moving clouds.
I dont know if there is clouds on high settings, cause I rarely use high due to unusable mouse & FPS.
Also I havent tried high settings it on all maps. Not all maps would have more moving clouds.[/QUOTE]

That is matter of taste, but I see what you mean. I thought the same until I played Rage and noticed those amazing statics clouds. Then I told myself “better have nice static clouds than “ok” moving clouds”. Now I must say I never look much at the sky in DB and maybe the clouds are not much worked, idk. There is nothing much to add for DB immersion. And I think (not sure) there already are some flying sheets in some maps. Maybe there’s a lack of environnement sounds.
I believe this is not a priority for SD right now. Still idk if it’s hard to make or not.

(AssortedStuff) #5

I miss the pigeons. Haven’t seen them lately.

(Nail) #6

pigeons were killed off, was mentioned while back, something about their poo being toxic

I miss random slodey things and cone herding

:smiley:

Removed

(LCTR) #8

'Cmon, strawpoll: Pigeons or Clouds
We can’t have both…

(Chux) #9

/r_fastsky 1

Thats nice that you have the choice in QL/Quake 3 engine games like W:ET.

I would like to have this choice

/r_niceclouds 1

(LCTR) #11

/r_nicepigeons 1

Go for it. Make a thread with your wish