Lower Deploy Time

(Amerika) #1

Right now, if a game is in progress, the deploy timer starts at 15 seconds and counts down. However, you’re character is spawned and sitting there during this time. I would like the deploy timer lowered to 5 seconds or simply be instant when a game is already in progress. It’s not only annoying to have to wait while a game is in progress (obviously you’d spawn with the next spawn wave though) but you can be killed, sometimes twice, before you can actually control your character if your team is in a bad situation.

I would rather instantly get into the game and perhaps have to wait for the next spawn wave than sit at the choosing merc screen watching a timer count down.

(Szakalot) #2

I’d rather pick my mercs before joining the server, than to wait 15 seconds after the map is loaded.

(Mustang) #3

Are you talking about the timer you see in the lobby?

If so you are not spawned yet as it’s still syncing your skins and stuff during this time, you spawn when the lobby countdown reaches zero and the next spawn wave reaches zero.

(Smooth) #4

The ‘deploy’ time exists because everyone else in the game requires that time to download (and then load the correct assets) for your Merc and Loadout choices. Without this time, there are lots of cases of ‘blue man’, ‘wrong weapons’ or ‘invisible merc’ bugs when playing.

We do agree that your Merc should not be spawned in at this time, firstly because you’re not actually there and secondly because you don’t have a choice of which Merc to spawn in as. We plan to fix this at some point so players get a choice and don’t spawn in until after everything has loaded.

(Amerika) #5

[QUOTE=Mustang;527051]Are you talking about the timer you see in the lobby?

If so you are not spawned yet as it’s still syncing your skins and stuff during this time, you spawn when the lobby countdown reaches zero and the next spawn wave reaches zero.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. You are spawned already on the server usually long before the counter hits 0 after hitting deploy (remember, this is only during already in session games). You can see this easily when your team is being spawn camped and you already have a 0-1 or 0-2 score before you can take control and you can also see it if you choose to “leave server” after hitting deploy as it will show you spawned for about a second before disconnecting you (probably a minor bug).

[QUOTE=Smooth;527053]The ‘deploy’ time exists because everyone else in the game requires that time to download (and then load the correct assets) for your Merc and Loadout choices. Without this time, there are lots of cases of ‘blue man’, ‘wrong weapons’ or ‘invisible merc’ bugs when playing.

We do agree that your Merc should not be spawned in at this time, firstly because you’re not actually there and secondly because you don’t have a choice of which Merc to spawn in as. We plan to fix this at some point so players get a choice and don’t spawn in until after everything has loaded.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand that other clients need time to load the assets. But this appears to happen much quicker than the 15 seconds you guys have assigned which is what I was requesting being lowered. But if you’re working on it and adding in the ability to pick who you spawn with then it’s all good.

(Mustang) #6

Then it’s a bug that you spawn too soon, not that the countdown is too long, as it still needs the time to sync.

(Amerika) #7

I’m confused with your response. A developer already stated and confirmed what I said and why it was being done. My request to lower that time still stands assuming the current spawn system stays the same. However, if it’s changing then it doesn’t matter.

(Szakalot) #8

Point is, you shouldn’t have had spawned right until ready to sync up & deploy.

(Amerika) #9

I understand that. The developer already pointed out they are working on changing the spawning in system. That isn’t how it currently works and I wasn’t aware the system was being changed which is why I asked for them to look into a deploy timer reduction.

(syku1) #10

I remember being able to change the deploy time in the config and i can’t remember anything strange happening with deploying instantly :S
(m_IngameLobbyDeploymentTime=1)

(BioSnark) #11

Players don’t seem to have spawn protection during the countdown. I assume that’s not intended.