Cheaters in Dirty Bomb

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

I thought it would be good to clear up a few bits with what we’re doing in regards to cheat prevention and the steps we’re taking to ensure we stay on top of it.

Cheat prevention is a top priority and we are all working together to make sure all offenders are dealt with. We’ve already banned a number of cheaters from the game, we have GM’s monitoring live games and we are also investigating reports. In order to keep ahead of the curve, we’re working daily to improve our anti-cheat program so that new malicious programs will be automatically detected and kicked out of the game.

If you’re in-game with someone you suspect is hacking, you can also use the Vote Kick feature (F5) so you can continue fragging on in your merry way. Also along with this please do feel free to post about them in forums as we will pick this up and be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
shoe.

(Amerika) #2

I don’t think this affected DB since accounts still go through Nexon but this is a relevant announcement in regards to cheating and Steam.

Hopefully it’s not abused though.

(Ceres) #3

Out of curiosity, did you take care of BK201 or did he disappear on his own?

(ToonBE) #4

[QUOTE=shoe.;526947]Hey all!

I thought it would be good to clear up a few bits with what we’re doing in regards to cheat prevention and the steps we’re taking to ensure we stay on top of it.

Cheat prevention is a top priority and we are all working together to make sure all offenders are dealt with. We’ve already banned a number of cheaters from the game, we have GM’s monitoring live games and we are also investigating reports. In order to keep ahead of the curve, we’re working daily to improve our anti-cheat program so that new malicious programs will be automatically detected and kicked out of the game.

If you’re in-game with someone you suspect is hacking, you can also use the Vote Kick feature (F5) so you can continue fragging on in your merry way. Also along with this please do feel free to post about them in forums as we will pick this up and be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
shoe.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if you guys could develop some anti cheat tools so that we don’t need to rely on anti cheat software. We all know even the best AC-client will get bypassed and is very high maintance. I think it is wise to involve the community in stopping cheaters.

What do I mean with an AC-tool? give us a possibility to type into console “record qdskfjqsdlfsdqmlfsdqkfsdq”. This creates a file that we can open using a program developped by splash damage, where we can review the demo and enable options like wallhack etc… so we can see if that guy is aim locking/ looking true walls at players and let us easily make time stamps. Next we can upload it to somewhere to be checked by admins.

OR you can copy overwatch from csgo.

[QUOTE=Amerika_KC;526949]I don’t think this affected DB since accounts still go through Nexon but this is a relevant announcement in regards to cheating and Steam.

Hopefully it’s not abused though.[/QUOTE]

It is abused

In COD Ghost and COD AW this happends:

• If your profile has been reported X times you will be banned automatically by Activision employees.
    automatically as in:
    No replay watching, no real time watching, no stat watching. Only whiny / trolly kids who dont want to get rekt (“get cheated on”), reports counts.

Its horrible.

Will not buy Activision games.

Its murdering to people hearts to be banned from the developer (well publisher technically)!

Its a truly broken system by design, the way companies like Activision implement their “rights” to remove players.

Actually, Activision know exactly what they are doing, since its fact that high skilled players are rekting newbies = Less growth in new players = hurting sales a lot= Remove high skilled players with enjoyment. Activision should invest money in match making, but its easier to just remove players who are too good.

TL DR
Its abused beyong recognition
Do not like.

(LiNkzr) #6

Hey shoe, good to know, I hope you remember the voting post and are doing something about the voting system in general, it’s pretty lackluster at the moment! :slight_smile:

(sunshinefats) #7

@JBRAA I get what you’re saying and yes, I’m sure some innocent players have been banned on that account. However, I do feel those players would be in a minority(generally speaking). I say this, because chances are good that if someone has been reported by other individuals that many times, chances are high they are, in fact, cheating. Sure, there will always be butthurts(we’ve all seen them), but on the other side of that, if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish and swims like a fish it’s probably a fish. One of my hobbies, odd as it may seem, is lurking around hacker/cheater forums to keep up to date on how ppl are doing their dirty deeds so I can better recognize it when I see it, and you might be surprised at just how many ppl are up to no good. So while I see your point, I’m of the mind that having such measures in place, based upon community reports, are an absolute must.
In addition to having vote kick enabled for both teams to vote on simultaneously, I also think SD need to implement a Report Player button. And yes, after a certain number of reports I believe that a player should be flagged and banned. Again, if 100 ppl report you for cheating, chances are high that you are. Really high tier players are a minority themselves and generally restrict themselves to players of relatively equal skill, so chances are slim they’re going to suffer from this. Yeah, a couple innocents might get wronged here and there and that sucks, but if it means there are overall less cheaters I can accept that.

(prophett) #8

[QUOTE=Amerika_KC;526949]I don’t think this affected DB since accounts still go through Nexon but this is a relevant announcement in regards to cheating and Steam.

Hopefully it’s not abused though.[/QUOTE]

Great new! Hopefully there are competent admins to avoid wrongful auto-bans for false player reports.

DB Overwatch would also be great, although we would need to coin our own term.

(Szakalot) #9

[QUOTE=sunshinefats;526976]@JBRAA I get what you’re saying and yes, I’m sure some innocent players have been banned on that account. However, I do feel those players would be in a minority(generally speaking). I say this, because chances are good that if someone has been reported by other individuals that many times, chances are high they are, in fact, cheating. Sure, there will always be butthurts(we’ve all seen them), but on the other side of that, if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish and swims like a fish it’s probably a fish. One of my hobbies, odd as it may seem, is lurking around hacker/cheater forums to keep up to date on how ppl are doing their dirty deeds so I can better recognize it when I see it, and you might be surprised at just how many ppl are up to no good. So while I see your point, I’m of the mind that having such measures in place, based upon community reports, are an absolute must.
In addition to having vote kick enabled for both teams to vote on simultaneously, I also think SD need to implement a Report Player button. And yes, after a certain number of reports I believe that a player should be flagged and banned. Again, if 100 ppl report you for cheating, chances are high that you are. Really high tier players are a minority themselves and generally restrict themselves to players of relatively equal skill, so chances are slim they’re going to suffer from this. Yeah, a couple innocents might get wronged here and there and that sucks, but if it means there are overall less cheaters I can accept that.[/QUOTE]

(sunshinefats) #10

I respect your opinion even though we don’t agree :wink:

Im writing this below to possibly help you a little.

So if 5% are banned innocent, its ok?
So 5% of 1000 players is 50 players. Thats 10 of the best clans gone, banned. An entire top clan scene wiped.

Most people who are so bad at a game, that they report a good player, are incompetent players there for not suited to have access to a report button, and are often of low age.

No, its not “looking like a fish” when its abuse of a a reportsystem, its rage / revenge since he got butthurt / rekt / owned.
An incompetent player, in this context, is almost any player.
Even a server admin of 30-50 years old with 10+ years of experience of FPS games is not automaticially competent to know what is cheat and what is not.
You need to be highest skill level to be able to make a decent judgement.

So what random good player or admin thinks looks like a cheat is JUST their incompetence showing, even its an experienced player.

Its not looking like a cheater, its looks like a noob not understanding how to be good, and instead of accepting that other player is not only better but is also amazing, the less good player assumes it not his fault, and if other people are too good, it must be something wrong with others.

You are better off lurking at pro streams or replay site learning how to play, than focus on the people cheating.
You cannot watch posts on cheating forums, an an indicator of how many people cheat.
You are basicly saying many people cheat, “if someone gets reported let him burn regardless innocent or not, since Im pissed off.”

Sir that way of thinking is lining up good on how to be an egoistic scumbag.

Reports are very good to have. We agree.

Its however terrible to say the least to blindly follow reports, and not even looking if the player has cheated or not.
If he get pissed off from dying from you, he can just report you.
An angry player may have no conscience or moral.

If someone plays a game 5 days a week, and have maybe 10-40 hours of gameplay every week, you can piss off a lot of player in a month by just being too good, not even saying 1 word to anyone. Then think how many reports you get in a year, or if you talk back with moderate harshness like “l2p noob”, then you are going to get more reports for cheating.

100 reports from 100 incompetent players are useless.
100 reports from 100 angry, butt hurt, players are useless.

Cant choose who to play against when playing on public.
Also, you dont have to be that good even, to get reported, since new generations of gamers are terrible (since they havent played fast arena shooters like Quake 3 like older generations), and they do anything they can to hurt you, since their egos are smashed to pieces, since refuse to believe someone can be that good.
“It MUST be cheating cause I will never be that good.”

Since you accept that you must prove it by getting banned innocently volonterly/willingly.

If you wont do that, then your way of reasoning/thinking is hypocritical.

Also it plain WRONG to have a broken system where its planned to have X% innocent judged wrongly with harsh pinushments to them.
Its plain egoistic to accept such a system with the condition that it wont happend to your self.

(Protekt1) #12

Ran into someone clearly cheating last night. 100% accuracy, but he was set to all body shots so I could at least kill him with a bit of luck and all headshots.

Cheating can get pretty bad in f2p games so a proactive approach is pretty necessary imo.

(Mustang) #13

+rep

This “automatic detection of malicious programs” is as usual punishing the players, whilst the cheaters can just bypass the checks.

I’d much rather see a report system with community based review panel and an Echo based “this player is too good even for a pro or lucky run” detection.

Chuck this XIGNCODE nonsense in the bin already.

(ToonBE) #14

[QUOTE=Mustang;527011]+rep

This “automatic detection of malicious programs” is as usual punishing the players, whilst the cheaters can just bypass the checks.

I’d much rather see a report system with community based review panel and an Echo based “this player is too good even for a pro or lucky run” detection.

Chuck this XIGNCODE nonsense in the bin already.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Put cheat detection in the hands of the community.

(BioSnark) #15

What if the accuracy percentage is lowered? The game is on unreal and it’s f2p which are both bad things regarding cheating. Not every hack user is going to be stupid enough to have 100% accuracy.

(Neo_TA) #16

i would love to see something they have in combat arm eu nexon has hackshield with their own anti hack logs (black cipher) i think how it works is if hackshield detects a hack then their hw info is logged with their name and the offensive program with the computer path is logged then the GM’s checks it then after so many users they are posted on forums to be named and shamed (Dishonorable discharge from service) so the offender and his friends can search their names

examples:
CAEU Nexon’s Dishonor List

(Kroad) #17

[QUOTE=sunshinefats;526976]@JBRAA I get what you’re saying and yes, I’m sure some innocent players have been banned on that account. However, I do feel those players would be in a minority(generally speaking). I say this, because chances are good that if someone has been reported by other individuals that many times, chances are high they are, in fact, cheating. Sure, there will always be butthurts(we’ve all seen them), but on the other side of that, if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish and swims like a fish it’s probably a fish. One of my hobbies, odd as it may seem, is lurking around hacker/cheater forums to keep up to date on how ppl are doing their dirty deeds so I can better recognize it when I see it, and you might be surprised at just how many ppl are up to no good. So while I see your point, I’m of the mind that having such measures in place, based upon community reports, are an absolute must.
In addition to having vote kick enabled for both teams to vote on simultaneously, I also think SD need to implement a Report Player button. And yes, after a certain number of reports I believe that a player should be flagged and banned. Again, if 100 ppl report you for cheating, chances are high that you are. Really high tier players are a minority themselves and generally restrict themselves to players of relatively equal skill, so chances are slim they’re going to suffer from this. Yeah, a couple innocents might get wronged here and there and that sucks, but if it means there are overall less cheaters I can accept that.[/QUOTE]
There were three top loadout players with over 100 reports: Aviqz had 140, Busdriverx had 180, gst800 had 240, and I’m pretty sure none of them hacked - I’m 100% sure gst doesn’t.
There were 0 hackers that ever got over 100 reports, because either they’re blatant and got banned too fast (and Loadout’s banning system was pretty ****) or they hid it and didn’t get reported any faster than the top players.

“Really high tier players are a minority themselves and generally restrict themselves to players of relatively equal skill” In a game like csgo, sure, because there’s a very healthy competitive scene. In most other games? No, players will spend a lot of time pubbing, and this is also the case in Dirty Bomb.

[QUOTE=Mustang;527011]+rep

Chuck this XIGNCODE nonsense in the bin already.[/QUOTE]

**** that ****
I don’t trust any community with the banning of hackers. It would work for blatants and that’s about it. cs pros that hacked such as KQLY etc would never have been banned by the community, but they did get banned by AC.

But yes, do chuck XIGNCODE out, because it’s garbage. Get some better AC.
sure, ac will probably ban for some legit programs, but as long as support can see what program a player was banned for it should be fine

I’m fine with community banning also being in place, but it needs to be like OW in csgo where you can’t overwatch players of a higher rank than you.

(ToonBE) #18

[QUOTE=Kroad;527019]I don’t trust any community with the banning of hackers. It would work for blatants and that’s about it. cs pros that hacked such as KQLY etc would never have been banned by the community, but they did get banned by AC.

sure, ac will probably ban for some legit programs, but as long as support can see what program a player was banned for it should be fine[/QUOTE]

I cannot agree.

(Szakalot) #19

Any sufficiently good player can look like they are hacking.

or the other way around

Any sufficiently well-designed hack can look like a good player - at least aim-wise.

I’ve heard of cheats in QW where you can tune the level of hackery, making it very hard to bust the teacher if you ‘knew’ what you were doing.

(spookify) #20

[QUOTE=Kroad;527019]There were three top loadout players with over 100 reports: Aviqz had 140, Busdriverx had 180, gst800 had 240, and I’m pretty sure none of them hacked - I’m 100% sure gst doesn’t.
There were 0 hackers that ever got over 100 reports, because either they’re blatant and got banned too fast (and Loadout’s banning system was pretty ****) or they hid it and didn’t get reported any faster than the top players.

“Really high tier players are a minority themselves and generally restrict themselves to players of relatively equal skill” In a game like csgo, sure, because there’s a very healthy competitive scene. In most other games? No, players will spend a lot of time pubbing, and this is also the case in Dirty Bomb.

**** that ****
I don’t trust any community with the banning of hackers. It would work for blatants and that’s about it. cs pros that hacked such as KQLY etc would never have been banned by the community, but they did get banned by AC.

sure, ac will probably ban for some legit programs, but as long as support can see what program a player was banned for it should be fine

I’m fine with community banning also being in place, but it needs to be like OW in csgo where you can’t overwatch players of a higher rank than you.[/QUOTE]

I dont trust the community. I get called a haxer everyday in DB! Its a little unsetteling to know those plays are reporting you…

Get a good AC!!! SD can code why dont they make their own and sell it…

Sadly i can see haxing getting a little out of control especially in a F2P.

Top priority as it should be.

I want to see some public shaming of people that were haxing and trying to hide it.