Execution mode live this weekend

(ToonBE) #1

fIb1qOq.jpg
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

For this weekend, starting at 17:00 UTC, Friday, May 1st and ending 17:00 UTC, Tuesday, May 5th, the prototype game mode Execution will be available for play in marked Dirty Bomb servers. This mode is designed to be a good jumping on point for Dirty Bomb, bringing in a familiar style of gameplay, but maintaining Dirty Bomb’s unique flair.

Event Duration
London (BST, UTC +1:00): 18:00, Friday, May 1st - 18:00, Tuesday, May 5th
Los Angeles (PDT, UTC -7:00): 10:00 AM, Friday, May 1st - 10:00 AM, Tuesday, May 5th
Sydney (AEST, UTC +10:00): 3:00 AM, Saturday, May 2nd - 3:00 AM, Wednesday, May 6th

About Execution Mode
In Execution Mode, teams are trying to win the most out of 10 rounds. To win a round the attacking team needs to eliminate all enemy players or bomb one of the objectives; for the defenders to win the round, they have to stop them.

Execution Mode is played out over ten rounds, first to win six wins the match. In each round, the Attacking team is tasked with planting and defending C4 at one of two bomb sites, while the defenders must stop them from doing so, be it through defusing planted C4, or just killing anyone that tries to plant a bomb.

Win Conditions
A round is won if:

Attackers
The attackers kill all of the defenders
The attackers destroy one of the two objectives

Defenders
The defenders kill all the attackers and no C4 is currently active
The defenders defuse a planted C4 before it goes off
The round time expires
The first team to win 6 rounds is declared the victor for the match, ending even if all 10 rounds have not been played. If each team wins 5 rounds, it is declared a Draw. Individual rounds cannot end in a draw.

Team Sizes
Matches will be 7vs7 for this test.

Match Time & Rules
Each round has a time limit of 3:00. If C4 is not planted at one of the bomb sites before that timer expires, the Defending team wins the round. Only one C4 charge can be planted at a time, and the other bomb site becomes disabled once it is planted.

Once killed, players do not respawn until the next round. Players that are incapacitated but not finished can still be revived or helped up to continue fighting.

Half Time
After 5 rounds, the attacking and defending teams switch sides.

HUD
The objective HUD is in the top left of the screen and shows:
The round timer
The round number
The number of players alive on each team
The number of rounds won by each team
If the bomb has been planted
The bomb’s fuse progress

The Map
tUHHLG3.jpg
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

*We will be holding a special preview of the mode Thursday @ 21:00 UTC/2PM PDT on www.twitch.tv/dirtybomb - Don’t miss it!

About Prototype Showcase
Dirty Bomb will always have something new in development, and whether it’s a new map, mode, or something else there’s no replacement for the kind of feedback that our players can provide. As such, we will occasionally give limited sneak peeks of upcoming content in its prototype state, in order to ensure that it is of the highest possible quality when it is fully released.

Please remember that these features are in a prototype state. While everything should be playable and largely functional, there will be bugs, there will be imbalances, and there will be parts that are clearly unfinished. For this test, Execution Mode’s only map is in a Blockout status, using placeholder textures instead of full ones, and we are looking forward to what you think of this very different way to play Dirty Bomb, so please experiment and try out bizarre strategies.

(ToonBE) #2

Everybody ready for those 1vs4 situations?:stuck_out_tongue:

(Glottis-3D) #3

i hope SW servers will still be available?

(ToonBE) #4

I hope they force everyone to play execution for the sake of testing it.

(titan) #5

HYPE never tried this game mode but i love the premise hope it plays well

(Protekt1) #6

They probably won’t and they shouldn’t. It isn’t like it is the first time they are testing execution mode anyway. They can gauge how much people are interested in the mode better as well.

It is a bit different than the last time I’ve played the mode. Last time I played it, they did not have objectives for a team to do. So I guess it is much more like SnD/demo type gameplay now - which is fine. Those modes are basically strategic TDM anyhow.

(tokamak) #7

I feel this mode is going to fit DB way better than SW or Objective.

(ToonBE) #8

I agree. It allows for a lot more strategic thinking. SW could be nice aswell, but it needs some tlc. can’t wait to try it out!

(kyuto9) #9

Hm i dunno, maybe one forced game, or daily reward gamemode, but not a forced period of betatime. I already have CS and America’s Army for such gameplay (minus classes). And it’s probly the most common mp fps objectiv/gamemode ever. I wish they found something more original, but who knows, maybe classes will force players to team up seriously and mix perfect teambuilds, to finally reinvent this basic.

I wont play Execution, I know it. But it’s a good new overall. It will balance servers/gamemodes population maybe and make it flow. Still as a f2p, I don’t know if Execution will be played much (except for some hardcoreplayers). It will (again!) bring character balancing on the debate table, unless this mode removes loadouts (whiiiiiich could appeal more people than expected) to make it easier to fix.

(Anti) #10

[QUOTE=kyuto9;526889]I wish they found something more original, but who knows, maybe classes will force players to team up seriously and mix perfect teambuilds, to finally reinvent this basic.
[/QUOTE]

I’m sure this wont be the last mode we add and I was even surprised myself how much the different Mercs do change up the game from something like CS.

(titan) #11

I can’t wait to try it, how strong is vasili gonna be tho :smiley: those instagibs are gonna be lethal

(LiNkzr) #12

I know you value the ability to change mercenaries, but have you considered testing this with mercenary limit?

(kyuto9) #13

Talking truth I wasn’t much aware of Execution mode content, the title sounds more like some LastManStanding or Deathmatch, so I’m relieved it’s a “bomb” gamemode in the end. Well if you have more ideas in drawer i’m curious about it.
Yeah the classes must do the differences. I guess it’s gonna be played competitevly and players will have to build some badass class combos. If I don’t play Execution, sure I gonna watch some of it if a spectate mode is in the work (like hltv).

(spookify) #14

Don’t have too many modes… Especially at the start. We don’t need the community split between:
Objective Mode Pub
Stop Watch Mode Pub
MM Ranked (SW) (Collision and FF)
Executions Pub
MM Ranked (Execution) ??? Maybe? Makes sense… (Collision and FF)???

The Above would be epic at release with 2 small changes:

#1) Objective Mode Totally redone and actually made an Objective mode where both sides are even like Battlefield. Capture points or something even. pubbing Objective mode is the most depressing thing in the world.
#1a) Balance SW Servers - Shuffle right as the map is about to load so people are stacking teams. People love to switch teams as people come and go after the previous map gets done. Also maybe have a Beginner and Advanced SW server selection.

#2) Instead of introducing 2 or 5 more modes do what LOL does and have “special events” that for a limited time you can play that mode. Maybe for a month we can play for example Capture the Flag and then the next month is Hard Point and the next month is Base Race. Do this for 6 months with 6 modes and get community feedback and then, maybe allow the mode to stay on once the player base is over 100,000 players :wink:

(spookify) #15

Its 6v6 right?

(2) Val’s
(2) Pocket Medics
+
(1) - Fragger (CAMP)
(1) - Pocket Aura

(Szakalot) #16

Modes in a game like Dirty Bomb won’t split the community, just like CS community isnt ‘split’ because people play demolition or arms race.

Such modes allow us to experience the gameplay in a new way, and are by far the best mid-stop between now and new maps.

Imo a mode like UT domination would work very well in this game as well. 3 points to cap across the map, 5 players randomly spawning (or BF spawn on squad system?) and a ticket system.

In particular, the amount of AoE, AoE denial, and medics reinforcing positions would make this mod very interesting to play indeed.

(spookify) #17

[QUOTE=Szakalot;526900]Imo a mode like UT domination would work very well in this game as well. 3 points to cap across the map, 5 players randomly spawning (or BF spawn on squad system?) and a ticket system.

In particular, the amount of AoE, AoE denial, and medics reinforcing positions would make this mod very interesting to play indeed.[/QUOTE]

Totally Agree! I wish this was DB’s “OBJ Mode” and not the current spamfest, one side, beat the clock system…

I think Execution will be Epic!
Few tweaks to the maps and objectives with-in the map and SW Mode will be EPIC!

New Objective Mode and this game has all the ingredients to be a blockbuster!

Oh yeah Fixing the Card system, UI and Bugs but those are easy right… haha!

(tokamak) #18

Will execution have side objectives?

(Anti) #19

No plans to do that right now no. The split objectives already spread the teams pretty thin, distracting players from defending that might be a step too far.

(Szakalot) #20

I think an interesting take on some execution maps would be allowing the defense to pick from one of two spawns. Either for each player individually or a team ‘vote’ as to which spawn will the whole team take.

Since the attacker’s can choose which spawn to attack, giving the defense the option to choose what to defend could add an extra metagame of posturing where you want to rush that dyna spot, but you might be facing a whole team there.